Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who sent me an email last night. The emails came in quickly so that gives me hope that it is up and running again.

I made it to rock climbing tonight and I am already sore from the climb. It is amazing how quickly your muscles forget what they are suppose to do after a week or two off from climbing. Today- I conquered the wall with the overhang even through I got my wrist trapped between the rope and the wall. Not long but enough to make me wake up and figure another way over the ledge.

Tomorrow I am going to the gym to meet with my trainer and the appointment has been confirmed LOL.

Sunday- I am taking an intro to movement class at the rock climbing place. That will prove interesting as I should learn or at least get a better understanding of how to use some of the holds.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

@laurie--I know what you mean about the muscles forgetting. I'm a bit worried about my 5k on thursday considering how little I've been able to run lately. :ohwell:

@vickie--um...yeah, not doing so great on the carb challenge. :blushing: Thanks for the reminder. I :heart: spaghetti squash!

@holly--how scary about your work today--glad no one was hurt!

@angelika--sorry you've been sick--feel better!:flowerforyou:

@jt--glad you are feeling more yourself.

@tom--ugh! I think you have the same sense of humor as my VERY corny father! :laugh:

@kelley--great week of fitness!

@tina--sounds like you will be a busy girl!! When do your classes start?

Friday Fitness:
    All I did for fitness this week was take gunner on a couple of walks, so not so great. Fortunately, I'm feeling MUCH better today. Not 100%--but a huge improvement. I think I will be well enough to run either tomorrow or Sunday. Also plan to get back to my core work starting tomorrow.

So today was a huge calorie blow-out. It was a luncheon day which included some delicious cake. On top of that, I bought a Lou Malnati's pizza from a student for a fundraiser and she delivered it today, Now I'm not a fan of thin crust pizza (can take it or leave it), but I'm a true Chi-town girl when it comes to deep dish, and Lou's is the BEST! After going out for a glass of wine with some friends, I came home and popped the pizza in the oven. I ended up eating half of it which isn't THAT much in volume (it's only a 9" pizza), but over 1000 calories! :noway: I'm not going to worry about it too much. I was back to my lowest weight of 192 as of yesterday, and I can make up for the extra calories this weekend by working out hard.

I haven't made much of an effort to watch the carbs this past week. Between being sick and having no groceries in the house, I just let it slide. Tomorrow I will stock up on healthy foods and get more serious about eating better again.

Updated Grading Goals:
    1. x/49 AP Tone tests
    2. x/11 AP analysis activities
    3. x/22 2-paragraph responses
    4. re-read Grendel STARTED
    5. x/22 pronoun/antecedent agreement tests
    6. x/49 AP essays

Would like to get through 3, 4, and 5 this weekend.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have been gone, terrible sinus infection, aweful headache and ear ache, can't see straight. Going to bed.

Christine
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have been gone, terrible sinus infection, aweful headache and ear ache, can't see straight. Going to bed.

Christine
    that sucks hun feel better soon we all miss you
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

So very happy today is Friday!! :smile: :smile: Enjoyed catching up on all of the posts! So encouraged by everyone.

Tonight I am going to get off of the computer early and just let myself recharged I need that time. So I will bump till tomorrow.

did want to respond to a few though

@Christine-- Hope you feel better soon.
    @Lin that is an amazing accomplishment and it is the small things that can be so encouraging. I think I need to look into a Fitbit
    :smile:
    @Vicki -- Thanks for the reminder. I have stayed under but I think I could do better for sure and be more thoughtful of it. Like I know I had my best weight loss when by dinner time my meal was simply a protein and a veggie of some sorts and kept the carbs to my earlier meals.

Friday Fitness; Tomorrow is going to be a busy one shopping at food stores Winco and Costco getting ready for Turkey day. Than a Bridal shower followed by going to a friend's scentsy party. ( normally I stay away from those type of parties) but she is a good friend who doesn't have parties like this on a regular bases. Than home.

But even with all of that I hope to get in a good walk with Bella tomorrow. We are also working on getting our home ready for company on thursday. We are painting the kitchen and dining room.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday,

Liz

c
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen -- that *was* a good food choice. And well done for walking every day! Sit ups are a bit hard I think; have a look at bicycle crunches. And what a scary thing with that police action -- though it sounds like all is well.

@Robin -- my name is common so although there's plenty of stuff about me, there are lots of other people with the same name to get me confused with. But I got onto Usenet in 1993, and that stuff is pretty much all archived by Google now. So there is plenty of stuff out there. I'm mostly happy to find stuff again and re-read it; filling in memories I'd forgotten.

@Kelley -- I knew I'd really got the exercise habit when I'd get to a day I'd marked as a rest day and go 'I could just do a *bit* of dance mat...' Now I mostly don't plan rest days, though I do take things a bit easier on non-running days. I'll know I'm really hooked when I get up the day after a run and think 'I could just do a *little* run...' Well done for all that exercise; it not only feels great (afterwards...) but I think it makes it much easier to stick to plan on calories as well.

@Tammy -- now, iscabibbled I have never heard before... thought there is an interesting web page about it. http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-ish1.htm

@skinnyjeanz -- how can *half a 9 inch pizza* be over 1000 calories? Now I know why I love Chicago deep dish so. I wonder if they ship to the UK... Well done for getting back to your lowest weight.

@Christine -- hope you're feeling better soon.

This week I am hitting my calories but my macros are a bit screwed up and the scales aren't moving. I was feeling a bit down about this until I read back some entries from a couple of months ago. So that's my recommendation for people -- keep notes and see how far you've come in a month/3 months/a year.

Saturday Success -- got all the way through another week...

Hope you have a brilliant weekend everyone!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: I'm wearing the clothes that I have had in the closet for years, refusing to admit that they didn't really fit. :blushing: Anyone else done that? DH asked if I needed to get clothes since I have lost so much. I had to admit that I have plenty. I slept better last night. That has been a huge issue since the surgery.
    Enjoy your weekend. We'll be spending lots of family time. I'm so glad that so many of my children live close by. Kaye
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: I'm wearing the clothes that I have had in the closet for years, refusing to admit that they didn't really fit. :blushing: Anyone else done that? DH asked if I needed to get clothes since I have lost so much. I had to admit that I have plenty.

yes, i have tons of clothes in all sizes between 12 and 24. so i haven't yet had to buy new clothes. unfortunately a lot of my smaller stuff is long gone so once i get out of 18's i'm not going to have much choice but to go shopping. but yeah, i've had the same experience.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: I'm wearing the clothes that I have had in the closet for years, refusing to admit that they didn't really fit. :blushing: Anyone else done that? DH asked if I needed to get clothes since I have lost so much. I had to admit that I have plenty. I slept better last night. That has been a huge issue since the surgery.
    Enjoy your weekend. We'll be spending lots of family time. I'm so glad that so many of my children live close by. Kaye

a few things, yes. Mostly, one or two that I've bought (we call them "motivation clothes" around here ).
    I've become a pro a shopping Goodwill, Frederick's outlet, and eBay, though :wink:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kaye & toots--I'm the same way with the clothes. Even when I was pretty solidly into 18's, I wouldn't get rid of the smaller stuff. I'm now in 14's and an occassional 12. My smallest adult size ever was 14, but fortunately my sister has also given me a bunch of 14's & 12's that I'm slowly working my way into. I'm rooting her on to keep losing the weight too, so I get more free clothes. I think for Christmas I'm going to give her cash since she's had to do all of the clothes shopping for the past year or so.

When I did need to buy a few pair of capri pants for summer (my sister never wears those), I went to Goodwill or other thrift stores so I didn't have to spend a lot of money on stuff that will hopefully be too big next season.

One sad clothing incident that I just had today: my Komen 3-day shirt is now too big. I was going to wear it today and it just looks too big and sloppy. It will now be demoted to a nightshirt. :cry: Bittersweet b/c garetie and I did that walk together in 2008, and I'm sad that I can't wear the shirt anymore.

@alison--I know! I figured the pizza would be high in calories, but 540 calories for a quarter of the pizza was more than I expected. Oh well, I really enjoyed it, and I will be way under today to make up for it.

@liz--sounds like you have a busy weekend!

@christine--sorry you are sick. As someone who is just getting over a nasty sinus infection, I can sympathize. My advice is don't get on a plane and poison youself with alcohol in New Orleans--apparently that's not the cure--who knew? :laugh:

Saturday Success:
    Ran 3 miles in 37 minutes today--I was shocked since I'm still not 100%, but it felt good and the weather here is perfect for running. Now I'm at starbucks working on my grading. Fun.

Updated Grading Goals:
    1. x/49 AP Tone tests
    4. re-read Grendel STARTED
    5. 2222 pronoun/antecedent agreement tests DONE!
    6. x/49 AP essays
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I wish I could shop in my own closet! I've been trying on clothes in my closet that I was wearing last winter, all are too big. :noway: I actually had to go out shopping today for jeans, ended up not buying any because I can't bring myself to spend $70 on a pair of jeans that I'll only be able to wear for a month or two. I'm going to try and find a consignment shop in one of the higher end neighborhoods, maybe I'll find some nice Tommy Hilfiger jeans for cheap! :wink:

@Karen~Great job on the run today! Sad about the shirt, I have shirts like that too. My trainer was glad to see me in a smaller size shirt the other day, he always says I look like I'm in pj's when I wear the workouts clothes that are too big. :laugh:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Clothes have been on my mind lately too. I just finished re-arranging my closet where I put all the summer clothes on the hard-to-reach rack, and all my long-sleeved clothes on the easy-to-reach-rack. I discovered I have a lot less winter clothes that fit this year due to being a size smaller. I had already given away the big sloppy looking sweaters this spring. I also made a bundle of coats, hats and gloves for the Salvation Army coat drive that's coming up. I tend to accumulate hats - my head can't take the cold AT ALL - but most aren't as attractive or as warm as I think they're going to be and I default to my favorite bucket hat every cold day.

Sorry Christine and Angelika who are suffering with colds and allergies - hope you get better.

Laurie - hope you enjoy your class about climbing!

Will do more personals at another time.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I am at work today making up some hours.

Saturday success- I have gotten a walk in everyday this week. They are small walks due to new family life style but I will take a 15 to possilble 40 minute walk over nothing at all.

I will read and reply later today being I am still at work.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I decided to postpone the climbing class until the 8th of Dec. for the simple reason that as of tonight I do not have the energy to climb tomorrow. I rather spend the day resting. I know the lack of energy is due to that TOM and a very busy week. Normally, I would not cancel for a guy but this time he was part of the reason. So I hope I am not disappointed tomorrow. No matter I still need a day to just relax.

I did have a great workout today spent an hour on weight training and core work. That was another factor in my choice about tomorrow since my arms had a great workout this morning plus they were still sore from the climb yesterday. This was the first good weight training session that I have had in a while so it was worth it. I then spent the rest of the day running errands.

I am also considering doing a Turkey Trot on Thursday. It is right down the street from my house and I can pick either a 3 or 5K. It could be a great deal of fun and something new to try plus a great workout on Thanksgiving.

Clothes- it is strange but I am now shopping in my mom's closet. This is something I have never been able to do before not even in high school. My mom keeps shrinking but she was wearing a M for awhile but is now a small. So I get her cast-offs. It is fun shopping in her closet.

Have a great night everyone. I think I will be turning in early tonight.
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Saturday Success -- I have an interview scheduled for Monday, plus a couple other hits on my applicationss! Perhaps I won't be destitute for too long? Plus, I got lots of work done around the house today, and although there is still much to do, I am seeing progress. (Why is it so easy to live with messes and put off tasks until the pressure of a visit is on?) I have boxes of clothing from 200 (my lowest adult weight) through 350 pounds (my highest), so I will not need to buy anything for quite a while. I have been trying to figure out what to do with my heaviest stuff -- it's not really in donate condition -- broken zippers and holes and such (I was very reluctant to buy anything at this size). My mom quilts. She's coming to visit for a few days, and I asked her if she would help me cut these clothes up so I could make a patchwork quilt or something. She said it will be fun! Yay! Nice project for us to do together, and my fattest clothes will turn into a cozy blanket for the cold winter nights. I definitely want to get rid of these clothes -- no going back that way!!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    One sad clothing incident that I just had today: my Komen 3-day shirt is now too big. I was going to wear it today and it just looks too big and sloppy. It will now be demoted to a nightshirt. :cry: Bittersweet b/c garetie and I did that walk together in 2008, and I'm sad that I can't wear the shirt anymore.

you can try tying it in the back. it's trendy and it makes the shirt manageable even when it's too big
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: I participated in my first 5K today. My 10-year old son and I did the Color Me Rad 5K Las Vegas. We had a blast!! Plus, i was able to do a run/walk. I don't run and I tried. It wasn't the easiest thing, but I tried so I was pretty proud of myself. Of course, I've been coughing the rest of the afternoon because of that crazy cornstarch paint dust. I tried to keep my mouth shut, but it was so hard. What a fun day!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Susan - That is so exciting! You are an inspiration!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Up early this morning, have early training session (well, that, and my cat sure doesn't like me to sleep late).

@Laurie~I think we have to allow ourselves rest days like that periodically.
    Saturday Success: I participated in my first 5K today. My 10-year old son and I did the Color Me Rad 5K Las Vegas. We had a blast!! Plus, i was able to do a run/walk. I don't run and I tried. It wasn't the easiest thing, but I tried so I was pretty proud of myself. Of course, I've been coughing the rest of the afternoon because of that crazy cornstarch paint dust. I tried to keep my mouth shut, but it was so hard. What a fun day!!!

Great job, Susan!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @susan--That's so awesome!! I've heard those color runs are really fun--may do one here in Chicago next summer.

@kelley--sorry your cat won't let you sleep. I'm lucky that gunner will usually sleep late if I let him cuddle with me. Of course, Murphy's law kicks in and when I really NEED the sleep, that's the day he wakes me up at the crack of dawn.

@toots--thanks for the tip, but it's really through the shoulders and upper torso that it's so big. It's only a large, but the seams are about 3 inches down on each shoulder and it bags at the neckline. :ohwell:

Sunday Share:
    One of my good friends is moving to Switzerland this month. He and his partner will be there for about 2 years and I really want to go visit him this summer. My big plan is to go in July so I can attend the 100th Tour de France. It's my dream to cheer on the riders on a mountainside in the French Alps, and it looks like that dream may come true! I was checking out the route and the closest it will come to Zurich (where they will be living) is Annecy, France. Now I just need to figure out if we should try to go there, or if it will be easier (and cheaper) to travel to Nice or Gap. I tried looking on the Eurorail website, but it was late and my patience ran out quickly. Going to do some more research over Thanksgiving break.

Updated Grading Goals:
    1. x/49 AP Tone tests
    4. re-read Grendel HALFWAY DONE
    5. 2222 pronoun/antecedent agreement tests DONE!
    6. x/49 AP essays