Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & TGIF!

Well, I didn’t see the number on the scale I wanted to this week – missed it by 1/2 pound. :grumble: Oh, well – the important thing is that I still lost and it seems to be consistent from week to week (at least lately). I should hit it for sure next week. I decided I deserved a treat today anyway – so stopped by Starbucks for my annual pumpkin spice latte. I never start the day with carbs, but it was totally worth it! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

@Kaye~Enjoy Vancouver – I was through there at the end of my cruise in August, beautiful city.

@Lin~Monitoring blood pressure and having it fall in the right range is VERY important. High blood pressure affects your kidneys and if uncontrolled can lead to atrial fibrillation, stroke, and/or heart attack. The healthy range docs wanted to see was 120/80 but now they’ve lowered that to 110/70. I was dx with high blood pressure in my 20s – mine was double whammy with both family hx and my weight. As I’ve taken off weight my blood pressure has improved substantially (still with meds). At my last appointment mine was in the new normal range, but my doc didn’t want me to stop the meds – because she felt the meds were still helping (even though I could feel it dive at times). She said we’ll monitor it and if at my next appointment if its even lower she’ll reduce the dose and gradually test whether or not I need it. If you feel your blood pressure is in the normal range, talk to your doc, you might be able to talk them into letting you just take a diuretic (hydrochlorothiazide), which can help reduce it. We all hate taking therapeutic meds, but this is an important one – so have an honest talk with your doctor.

@Doug~Great SV this week!

Friday Fitness~I’ve had a decent week so far with regards to exercise. I’m putting in a second rest night this week as I was able to get an appointment at my spa for an afternoon of pampering and a much needed hair cut, I’m counting the hours until my glass of wine. :laugh: But skipping tonight means I need to put in an hour on the cross trainer tomorrow, that shouldn’t be too difficult – my weekend is mostly free (for once). While I’ll be out doing some much needed clothes shopping, I don’t foresee any real food challenges this weekend.

Monday~Cross Trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Recovery day
    Wednesday~Treadmill/Elliptical DONE!
    Thursday~Personal Training DONE!
    Friday~SPA DAY!!!!!
    Saturday~Cross Trainer
    Sunday~ Personal Training

Well, this pile of paperwork is calling my name. Have a terrific day. I’ll check back later.

Kelley
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Totally missed Thursday truth, which at my house is - its getting rather untidy around here. Still not allowed to vacuum! Arms still not cooperating either. They have more movement but still very much pain in biceps and wrists. Still haven't done measurements. am feeling rather low, but expect that to be the depressiosn that comes post- anesthetics, so to be expected.

So proud of everyones SV's and NSV's.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Friday Fitness ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

1. I only have one class then a 2 hour break. Maybe a class on Wii Zumba?
    2. Guess what, guess what, GUESS WHAT!?!? Tomorrow is the day of my 10K. Boy did that fly by.

Homecoming is this weekend, plus lots of homework, so I'll most likely catch up with everyone on Monday!

:heart: :heart: :heart: much love! :heart: :heart: :heart:

byeeee! :happy:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness:: Well just plan on staying on track as far as my Sat-Tues/Wed. Been good so far!
    Although tomorrow I am walking in a parade with my Mother-In-Law...so would you count that as your exercise for the day or would you get up and exercise before you do the parade? Parade is at 11am will have to leave my house at 9am. Thoughts?

Feeling good when I started re-focusing again I weighed 225.something and this morning I was 219.6!

Just feeling really good lately :) Feels so much better to be back at it and back to normal!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Tina
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I am so bored of walking and running around my neighborhood! I want to go faster so I can be done sooner!

I will work out tonight...I will work out tonight...I will I will I will!
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'll do Thursday Truth and Friday Fitness:

Thursday truth: Essential to be AWARE of what one eats.
    I have to get used to looking up my food choices before I eat them, not after.

Friday Fitness:
    Since I have to do some house organization this weekend to prepare for convection filter replacement in my apartment, I will commit to arranging my living room so that I can use my treadmill on a daily basis. Right now the bicycles (which we don't use) are blocking the treadmill, so I can't fold it down. Sigh.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Officially, 10# gone!
    Off to a fun weekend with grandkids. May not be able to check in until Sunday evening. Have a great lighter weekend.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Friday Fitness:: Well just plan on staying on track as far as my Sat-Tues/Wed. Been good so far!
    Although tomorrow I am walking in a parade with my Mother-In-Law...so would you count that as your exercise for the day or would you get up and exercise before you do the parade? Parade is at 11am will have to leave my house at 9am. Thoughts?

Feeling good when I started re-focusing again I weighed 225.something and this morning I was 219.6!

Just feeling really good lately :) Feels so much better to be back at it and back to normal!

Tina

WOOT! So impressed with your weight loss! Its your call on the exercise - but I'd suggest waiting until after the parade, and see how you feel. If you feel you didn't get enough exercise, then do something before the end of the day. But be fresh for the parade! Also love your figure - its smashing! :flowerforyou:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Tina

Tina~First, awesome on the loss this week! Weigh to go!!! So glad you're feeling better and have some newfound motivation. Do you have a heart rate monitor that you could wear during the parade? It would tell you how many calories you burned and maybe that will help you decide whether or not you need to do some additional exercise.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Tina

Tina~First, awesome on the loss this week! Weigh to go!!! So glad you're feeling better and have some newfound motivation. Do you have a heart rate monitor that you could wear during the parade? It would tell you how many calories you burned and maybe that will help you decide whether or not you need to do some additional exercise.

Thank you!!, and yes I have a HRM (Love it) But the thing is, is if I do exercise it is going to have to be in the morning before the parade. So that's what's making it so difficult lol!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Dobarber - Grats on the weight loss!

@Robin - I'm sorry that you're struggling right now. I wish there was some way I could help.

@Sunshine Freckles - Good luck on your 10K tomorrow!

@Tina - the profile pic is just beautiful. You look fantastic!

@Grandmakaye - I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family!

Friday Fitness: Feeling a bit like a failure on that front.
    Monday - Swim - DONE
    Tuesday - 1.5 mile walk - 1.76 miles DONE
    Wednesday - Swim (pool was closed due to power outages and instead of doing something else I went home and crashed!
    Thursday - 1.5 mile walk - NEver happened
    Friday - Swim - Not going to happen. TOM means I go home and fall straight asleep after work.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Aug -- I'm sorry you're in pain. I guess you need things to do that don't aggravate your arms and don't involve eating, but distract you from the pain. Hard to do. Roll on October 15.
    @Tina -- glad your parents are supportive.
    @Kris -- One of the good pieces of advice I got was to try to act like a thin, healthy person would, as soon as possible. So, you know, don't load up at the buffet table just cos it's all you can eat, climb stairs without thinking about it, that sort of thing.
    @Lana -- sorry you've gained a bit back.
    @Robin -- all this stuff about carbs is really interesting! Mind you, I have had quite carb-ful days the last couple.
    @MaraDiaz -- hey, that's fantastic! Ever since that BBC news report came out, my son has called me 'Queen of Tonga'...
    @Tammy -- I'd start by drawing up a list of all the things you do in the house. Then say 'ok, I'm happy to look for a job, which as we all know is a full-time job in itself. So in preparation, I think we should split the housework 50/50 so that I have the time to start searching.'... That should do the trick.
    @mnwalkingqueen -- I keep a list on the wall of the kitchen of things we could have right now for dinner instead of getting a takeaway. I also try to make double of one meal in the week so that I can put a meal for us all in the freezer and not cook one night. We mostly did it for money reasons not health reasons (takeout and fast food are much more expensive than cooking your own food) but it's healthier as well.
    @soulfulsally -- Welcome! The trick with ice cream is fitting it into your day. I try to do 30 minutes of cardio a day and it's usually enough to cover off a *small* snack. If you put the five minutes of running into the middle of a 30 minute brisk walk (couch to 5k style) then it's probably enough for a modest frozen dessert.
    @Nareena -- welcome! How did you get on with 30 day shred? I've been wondering whether I'm too heavy for it.
    @skinnyjeans -- get a second quote on your roof; we had loose shingles all over in our old house (which had a gorgeous slate roof) and we just had a tame roofer who fixed and replaced them when they needed it. Bit by bit rather than replacing the whole roof, which would have cost a huge amount. Obviously if we'd stayed in that house we'd eventually have had to replace the lot, but you can do a lot by repair and maintenance.
    @lmackbeth -- good luck with the job search.
    @Doug -- great SV!
    @Kelley -- I used to always have one Eggnog Latte on the same principle. But last year I thought 'huh, this is just a waste of money and cals really' and didn't. Maybe this year I will.
    @Kaye -- have a brilliant time with the grandkids!

Friday Fitness -- today was supposed to be a quiet day in between two running days. I've been stuck in the house because I'm expecting a delivery, and I've done 90 minutes of dance mat. Which is, um, quite a lot. So I hope I'll still be able to run tomorrow morning. And thanks for the water tag, everyone! Plus my friend said 'you can do one-legged calf raises while you're filling up your water bottle from the fridge'. True. It takes about a minute to fill a 1 litre Sodastream bottle, which is ten reps on each side. And I can hold onto the fridge for balance. The other bodyweight exercise I want to do is inverted rows, and the equipment I need is a bar. There's a playground near here that has a couple of bars at different heights so I can start with the higher one and then hopefully move down. So the plan is to hit that playground just at the cooldown stage of tomorrow's run.

Workout plan:
    Monday -- badminton & strength -- DONE, and also quite a bit of walking.
    Tuesday -- W2D1 of Ease into 5k -- DONE
    Wednesday -- might have to be a rest day as I am going to a funeral a couple of hours' drive away. I'll try to squeeze in dance mat & strength -- Did DANCE MAT!
    Thursday -- W2D2 of Ease into 5k -- DONE
    Friday -- dance mat & strength, maybe badminton -- DANCE MAT (loads) & strength. No badminton but we're going tomorrow.
    Saturday -- W2D3 of Ease into 5k and badminton with the kids.
    Sunday -- dance out at Tenterden Folk Festival

Have a brilliant weekend everyone!
    -- Alison
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday- OK Friday fitness I am going to try and get to the gym at least twice this weekend just for walking and some sit ups. I know I have to rake the yard because it is getting cold here in MN.

This weekend I also have my sociology mid term and journal assignments due along with algebra kicking my butt seems like lots of homework doing too.

@Karen- get another estiment on your roof. I would think that there could be cheaper rate or maybe even done in sections. Starting with the worst area.

@Tina- Congrats on the losses

@ the person who suggested making extra food to freeze - thank you and I did set up a meal plan that includes a lot of crock pot foods. I eat out to cope with the stress. I would cook at home and then sneak out later alone and eat the fast food.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday friends! Three cheers for me, I finally lost 2 more lbs for a total of 54!!! I was hoping to be down to 250 by next week when I see my doc but won't happen. But I know he will be happy with what I have done in 3 months. Didn't get my walk in this morning due to bad sinus headache. These weather changes do a number on me. Will try to get it in before I eat lunch. Belle was not happy with me so I have to make it up to her. My Friday fitness is to continue my walks and remember to do the wall pushups, I keep forgetting to do those and my arms are so weak I need to do them.

Congrats to all those with NSVs and SVs. To all those struggling with ailments praying you feel better soon and to everyone, praying you have a wonderful weekend.

Christine
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Monarchris - WOOT on your weight loss! :flowerforyou: You're doing so great and I'm sure in the beginning you didn't think it possible......but you've come so FAR !!! HAPPY DANCE For you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Wow---congrats to everyone with scale victories! Wow, fantastic week for lots of folks. That is wonderful---just makes you so happy doesn't it? Here's to continued success: :drinker: :drinker:

Friday fitness---once again, just planning to keep on walking. And walking. And walking. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for all the info. Aug---that's about what I expect to hear from my doctor. I should probably clarify that I've read of lots of folks going off their medication after losing weight so it is possible. Of course if I cannot lose enough, I doubt I'll ask him. The other thing is I was put on a beta blocker first and foremost to try to tame my migraine headaches. Then somehow it just morphed into--and it will help to bring down your blood pressure which was on the high side of normal. My migraines have disappeared for the mostpart and instead of going through an entire Rx of imitrex each month I only take a pill every 3 or 4 months at most. Ha, maybe it's a lovely benefit of my retirement? :noway:

I am just trying to assure I might be able to purchase insurance in the future. I have heard repeated stories of people who have been rejected solely because they take medication for high blood pressure. So my Wednesday wish is probably more fantasy than anything reasonable but ya know..........a gal can dream!

I'm loving the new pictures, Tina yours is super and Kelley I adore the kitty (although your prior photo was lovely).

Robin, feel better soon. Christine, I trust you are feeling better. Aug, best wishes on your upcoming surgery. Everyone I've missed, doggone it, I'm sorry.

I had my house re-roofed, went whole hog, a tear off as well as new shingles. I got a company who specializes in replacing roofs and booked them sort of off season (early on in the year) and I got a discount for having them out when it was not their busy season. They coordinated with the folks who do the gutters. It all worked out great. All I had to do was write the checks. :sad:

See you soon.

Lin
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    the doctor wants me to go on an anti-inflammatory diet. the first thing on her list of does and don'ts is 'DO NOT COUNT CALORIES!' written just like that. and then 'Do not weigh yourself.' the diet includes all kinds of crazy things. no white bread, no sugar, no white flour or wheat flower, no soy, no white rice, no dairy no estrongenized food, no food with more than five ingredients, no high-fructose corn syrup, no MSG, no hydrogenated oils and then on and on from there. yikes. not sure what to make of this.
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! have been trying to get back to walking after being sick with bad cold and cough, anyone else have that going on?? any tips?? lol...and with 2 family dinners planned this weekend i am trying to plan ahead...our family is big into meals and food, so will be hard, but i asked ahead of time what is being offered and figured out what i can have ahead of time. hoping it helps a little. fitness wise i mainly walk, but noticed a difference and feel better since i started. good luck and happy weekend to everybody!!! keep up the good work all!!!!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Lost it last night, blew my progress by eating 5 cookies right before bedtime. Entered in my food count this morning and I was 800 calories over for the day. How dumb can I get. Self sabotage. Got back on track today, ate proper breakfast, worked out at gym and went to Wendys for chicken salad and found later it was 570 calories. That is with the dressing which I only ate half of, but don't know how to back that out.

Can't do anything about yesterday but can be cautious and work out as much as possible this weekend. Can't afford to take it easy this weekend. Have to move, move, move.

Toots - Just a note, I went on the Perricone diet (Dr Perricone) which is an anti-inflammatory diet and Ilost 40 lbs rather quickly, but most importantly, after a while I started feeling so good. It really improved my health, but I have high inflammatory markers, which increase risk of cancer and heart attack. It allowed lots of good food, but it did require lots of advance planning. At the time, I used to cook all my meals for the week on Sunday evenings. I havent been able to get back on the plan but it was very helpful

Katrena