Replies

• caribirdie
    caribirdie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    sounds easy enough that even I couldn't screw it up. Awesome! :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I did a post on this about 3 months ago :) There is actually a link in the database for it :)
    Banana pancake without flour or milk

Take a look.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had these this morning, they are good and I would have them again. I used a just ripe banana and 2 medium eggs and a shake of cinnamon. I used an immersion blender to mix them up and the "batter" was smooth and liquid like. They look like pancakes, more so then the pic posted. I thought they were a little bland, but room for lots of customization, I would add more cin, and probably some vanilla, I did use a little butter and syrup. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    One would think that spilling the first batch was dropping a hint, pun intended. The flavor wasn't too bad, but the egg-like consistency weirded me out. I guess I should of expected it. These should not be associated with the fluffy, carb enriched Godliness that we call a pancake. I am disappoint. :(
  • leappleton
    Options
    made these for my tea last night. Yummy what a treat! I didnt think they were 'eggy' more 'bananay' than anything
  • Skeeter918
    Options
    bump
  • Mouse816
    Mouse816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Definately making these this weekend!!!!!! Yummy!
  • TrishB69
    TrishB69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All of these sound so good. Gonna have to try them. Thanks
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I have tried these and was very happy with the results. They seemed lighter than regular pancakes, but the taste was good. Mine were a little fluffier than the picture (maybe I whisked longer). I ate them with a tiny amount of butter and syrup and found them to be completely acceptable pancake replacements. They do require some finesse in the pan, so I recommend a good non-stick surface. I sprayed the surface with a little oil using the Misto sprayer.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had these this morning, they are good and I would have them again. I used a just ripe banana and 2 medium eggs and a shake of cinnamon. I used an immersion blender to mix them up and the "batter" was smooth and liquid like. They look like pancakes, more so then the pic posted. I thought they were a little bland, but room for lots of customization, I would add more cin, and probably some vanilla, I did use a little butter and syrup. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yep! I mixed in about 1/4 tsp of cinnamon - maybe I'll go a little more next time - and about 1 tsp of vanilla. I coated my griddle with a little butter - probably less than what MFP considers a pat - and just a touch (1 tsp) of lite syrup on the finished product as a bonus flavor. These were actually really good. They tasted more like banana than anything. I'll definitely be making this again. Maybe next time I'll add some berries either in the mix or on top for some more goodness.

BTW... I ended up (with the original recipe plus cinnamon and vanilla) with seven silver-dollar "pancakes."
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    made this morning...delicious!!!!!!!! my new fav breakfast!
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    I have to report that I made these this morning and they were fab! I used a really over-ripe banana, the skin was black, and 2 eggs. I mashed the banana in a separate bowl first and whisked the eggs with a hand blender then combined. I added a pinch of baking powder just because someone recommended it to make them fluffier. Mine turned out super. They were thinner than regular pancakes but just as delicious. They tasted like banana pancakes. I had them with a little syrup, it didn't need it but I had some anyways for decadence.
  • JlenniferL
    JlenniferL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Saw the photo and looked delicious. I will try for breakfast tomorrow. I'm sure egg beaters would work great as well instead of regular eggs.:love:
  • MzzNkki
    Options
    bump
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I read about this yesterday, when I get some bananas I'm trying it!
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • felicia_03
    Options
    I added half a cup of rolled oats and a tsp of vanilla extract. SO GOOD!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Try some vanilla or almond extract in them. I used to make these with protein powder. And I used egg whites, not whole eggs.
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BUMP