What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Eating everything in sight, lol. Portion control became my mantra and over the last year i have learned how to make a bag of chips last a week or a bag of dove squares last a couple of weeks, :drinker:
  • tridiv
    tridiv Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    nothing.. I still eat everything I used to in moderation.

This!!
  • emmamiso5
    Options
    Nothing, but I do have longer streches I don't eat pizza. I never eat full pieces of cakes or cookies.
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    I gave up quitting ;-)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Non-water liquids to satisfy thirst. I only drink water for thirst now - I will still occasionally drink a small cup of pop (I've had one in the past 3 months) or a glass of milk or juice (can count on one hand in the past 6 mo). I do have a protein smoothie almost every night and I do have a mug of tea with some sugar on cold days, but water is pretty much my biggest life style change. I haven't had any issues cutting cals - all I had to do was start drinking water for thirst and it made a huge difference.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    lots of sweets, but especially ice cream! It is not allowed in our house.... it's the one food I just can't help myself around.
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    gave up Binge Eating.
  • hunterman95
    hunterman95 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    cant say ive given up anything, except the eating for 4 part.

^^^^ This! LOL

There's lots of stuff I haven't had since I started this journey, but only because I don't have the calories to spare. I prefer to eat low cal stuff, so I can have lots of it and be full all day. I don't want to blow all my calories on one meal, then be hungry the rest of the day.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Diet soda. I literally only drank it and it made my sweet tooth so much worse. I lived off of vanilla coke zero and pepsi max.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Pop and fast food/eating out.
  • RawrWolfie
    RawrWolfie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, junk food, almost all meat. BAKED GOODS! some days i dream about red velvet cake. no lie. it's pathetic. :sad:

you act as if peanut butter is bad for you. Its a protein source in my opinion and a good one for vegetarians like myself. Its not like a twinkie or something...wow
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, junk food, almost all meat. BAKED GOODS! some days i dream about red velvet cake. no lie. it's pathetic. :sad:

you act as if peanut butter is bad for you. Its a protein source in my opinion and a good one for vegetarians like myself. Its not like a twinkie or something...wow

I love peanut butter!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I gave up sitting on my *kitten* doing nothing
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ordinary size meals, fizzy anything, alcohol...... I had bariatric surgery and it has changed my whole life. However whenever I see a plate of gorgeous food and I wish I could eat it all I remembr how I used to feel walking home from work with pains in my hips and knees, lifting my stomach to wash in the shower......I was only 36 and it was a very small price to pay for a second chance at life.
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ive decreased SIGNIFICANTLY soda/sugary drinks. I went on a water binge for a week (drinking half my weight)...ever since then. anything other than water, tea or coffee just doesn't do it for me.

Other than that...everything else in moderation.

Oh yea...I gave up being lazy/tv. I would always use a show as a reason as to why i couldn't exercise at certain times. Then...I put me before the shows and enjoy the wonderful feature of 'on demand' :-)
  • kelseycolbert
    kelseycolbert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I RARELY eat out anymore. It's crazy how quickly the pounds can fall off and how full my wallet can stay when I don't eat fast food for every meal. ;)
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ihop
  • ryry06revolution
    Options
    I gave up eating
  • DeniseCole5
    DeniseCole5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sainsbury big breakfast
    weekly take away of chinese
    Daily chocolate.
    I do have treats but limit it to once a month on pay day.
  • iloveandy1
    Options
    I gave up pop, pop tarts, hot fudge brownie sundaes, and I have cut back on carbs and sugar. Its rough but I feel a lot better and healthier!!