What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options

Replies

• RavenHershey0107
    Options
    I haven't given up anything I just use common sense and portion control.
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Mainly fast food, snacks, and sweets. Almost as important though, by eliminating those three things I gained a sense of discipline and care for what I eat. I plan out a lot of what I'm going to eat and stick to buying that rather than just grazing on random snacks, running out for lunch, etc.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I gave my Diet dr. Pepper. I had three to four 20 onze bottles a day.

Other than that, I do portion control...

I admit. I will have a 12 oz can at work but...thats about it.
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    soda ( diet pepsi lime)
    fats food
    desserts
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Nothing except caring what people think.
    I've gotten "too skinny" for some, and I can give a rat's *kitten*.
    I'm not even in the healthy range for my height yet. lol
  • jenluvspancho
    Options
    I gave up sodas and am trying to rent each myself what healthy foods are and what exercise is.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!! I just QUIT eating so much of what I was eating!!

Okay, maybe TWINKIES!! :sad: :sad:
  • cumminsgirl10
    Options
    Im new to this, but so far I have been successful in removing all soda and fast food from my diet. The caffine headaches I endured last week were absolutely awful! The price I paid for the amount of coke I drank in a day... Looking forward to saving all that money too!
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    Restaurant food.
  • jenluvspancho
    Options
    I gave up sodas and am trying to rent each myself what healthy foods are and what exercise is.

Re-teach not rent each:wink:
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given anything up, I follow the IIFYM (if it fits your macros) approach. I do eat significantly less fast food and processed foods though than I used to, but I actually really enjoy it! I've found that i really enjoy healthy cooking/eating and that it doesn't really take that long. I still have nights out with friends, dinners out with friends, and dessert. I believe that giving things up and severely restricting what you can have is the #1 reason people fail at this.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Sugar (mostly)
  • smileycobra
    Options
    fast food
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Soda pop! Really its not as hard as I thought it was 3 months ago! :O)
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Full flavor, Ranch Dressing. 320 calories per Tablespoon. Had to cut that one out =(
  • karimariep
    Options
    Fast Food
    Processed foods like chips, crackers, etc and I replaced those with fresh foods like fruits and vegetables.
    Fruit juice and soda (or any drinks with sugar and calories)

I still eat things I enjoy (like chocolate!!) every once in a while and in moderation.

I also gave up eating until I was uncomfortably full. Looking back, I don't understand why I did that day after day.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Artifical Sweetner! I had no idea what control it had over my life until I just said no.
  • bailey490
    bailey490 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had to give up putting it off. For years losing weight was never more than a dream or (what seemed) an unachievable goal. When I finally got the wake up call I needed and started to make progress it made it much easier.

As far as food and stuff goes...I've cut back greatly on pop. I tried sticking to diet pop for awhile but that's no better. Then I decided to not have pop at home and only get it when I was out to eat...then I realized how often I was going out to eat so I stopped. Tomorrow will have been a month since I've had pop and it feels great to say. I'm most likely not done with it forever, but it's nice to know I can go that long without it.

I don't believe you should have to give up certain foods. Cut back on them yes...but you should still be able to enjoy what you eat while trying to enjoy how you look. I'm focusing more on incorporating healthier stuff into my diet than strictly eliminating less healthier things.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Soda's, soda's were my down fall. I actually had my first soda in over a year the other day, it was 7 up because I had an upset stomach. It wasn't as good as I had remembered it to be.
  • slobkitten
    Options
    I used to order dominos pizza 2/3 times a week (no joke) along with wedges, 4 cookies and cans of fizzy juice. I've completely given that up because I'm of the belief that's how I put so much weight on in the first place.