DOOMSDAY DEC 21,2012?anyone believe it? non-believers?

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Guys, it's not the end of the world. It is "The end of the world as we know it". That could be a good thing. Or a bad thing. A friend of mine has told me of Planet X or Star Wormwood or Nebiru. I don't know if that's spelled right. Supposedly it is an object that has a 3600 year orbit around our galaxy. He said the last time it came around was around the time of Noah and the ark. Well, I don't believe that.

Another group (on the internet) claims that the aliens who helped the Mayans and the Egyptians will return again when this star (object) comes. They will help us and usher us in to a new age; an age of enlightenment. Google this stuff. It's amazing! LOL

I, for one, hope all this doomsday crap is wrong. Like someone posted above, I'd hate to be doing all this lifestyle change and denying myself junk food if it was all for naught.

there is nothing that is unaccounted for that has the mass of a planet that is orbiting our sun. absolutely nothing. if there was we would be able to detect its effect on the motiion of the planets and sun.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    If anything happens its not gonna be the end. A visit from aliens at the most! :-P I, however, plan to have the party to end all parties! :P

Also - Nostradamus, a philosopher, predicted the end of the world years ago and that never happened. He actually has a big group of followers! The Mayans were just a civilisation. If the Irish said the world was going to end, would you believe them? (Don't even bother answering if you believe in Leprechauns!)

Sure, even the weatherman gets it wrong sometimes!
  • Echo_Dan
    Echo_Dan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Mayan's supposedly say (read: No they didn't) that the world will end on Dec 21st 2012........which is also the day of the Winter Solstice.

Will the world be ending first thing in the morning or later in the day ? As if its early morning before dawn there's going to be a lot of upset Druids at Stonehenge who will miss the sun coming up.

Also thats 4 days before Xmas.......should I leave my Xmas shopping to my usual Xmas Eve mad rush to avoid disappointment ? ;)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My dad's wacky neighbor stockpiled so much firewood for Y2K that he only finished using it up a couple of months ago. :-D I predict everyone who is flipping out about this December 2012 nonsense will be just as disappointed.
  • ezzziii_candoit
    Options
    Honestly how could have people ever figured out the exact date when the world will suddenly explode or whatever. People don't even know the answer to more simple things. Even in my very short lifetime we've had two apparently "end of the world"'s and well we're still here. I've heard of findings in space about changes in it or whatever and at most i believe natural disaster would occur, but in no way the end of the world. And bulls, if the end of the world came there won't be a one safe place on earth, that just sounds ridiculous.

Well needless to say if we all die we've been working our *kitten* of for nothing :P Not to even mention having spent my whole life in school. damn.

But god only knows what'll happen, maybe the world ends tomorrow i don't know but the fact is there's no way people can predict it. No way.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Jesus said only God knows the true hour of the end of the world..

This! ^^

so it boils down to which wacko camp you are in

Exactly.
  • RiverManUK
    RiverManUK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Jesus said only God knows the true hour of the end of the world..

This! ^^

so it boils down to which wacko camp you are in

Exactly.

Now we have the truth.

Religion = Superstition
    Prophet = Schizophrenic
    Holy Book = Lord of the Rings
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So, my 30th Birthday is December 22... It is the big 3-0, but regardless, I would like to be able to celebrate it!! I don't have THAT much of an issue with getting older.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    "Bring 2012 On" would be a good tshirt.

I don't put much faith in the God of Abraham, any more then I do Zeus, Incan Gods, Mayan Gods, of Jack and the Beanstalk . Personally, my feeling and observation is that the God of Abraham has mental issues. It rubs off on those who try to follow His word. The God of Abraham is very similar to other gods before him. Jesus was speaking to his apostles and followers, and they believed he was going to return in their lifetime. Jesus is also similar to gods before him.

I think Jesus was really a man, highly influenced by Buddhism which was being brought to the region from the travelers. And, where did Jesus really go during this childhood? Why were there three wise men who came to look for Jesus? Buddhism is the only reason I think we have a "peaceful" Jesus as opposed to a waring God of Abraham. Broaden your mind and watch the BBC documentary on this subject. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCS7P-vdRM

I don't deny anyone's right to believe what they want to believe, and nor do I deny that something(S) made this world and, thus, has a power to end it. But "Who" that "Something(s)" is is yet to be known.

And, it is for this reason that I am not a die-hard Republican. I am mad that they are yielding to the Religious Right.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Also thats 4 days before Xmas.......should I leave my Xmas shopping to my usual Xmas Eve mad rush to avoid disappointment ? ;)

You sir, are a genius!!
  • sexybeast1998
    sexybeast1998 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    God only knows when Doomsday is and there is no place to hide on Doomsday. God can do whatever he wants
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Que sera, sera... so let's just enjoy the ride.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My birthday is the 22nd, so on the night of the 21st I am throwing a "we survived the apocalypse / birthday party".

Its going to be a blast!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    "Bring 2012 On" would be a good tshirt.

I don't put much faith in the God of Abraham, any more then I do Zeus, Incan Gods, Mayan Gods, of Jack and the Beanstalk . Personally, my feeling and observation is that the God of Abraham has mental issues. It rubs off on those who try to follow His word. The God of Abraham is very similar to other gods before him. Jesus was speaking to his apostles and followers, and they believed he was going to return in their lifetime. Jesus is also similar to gods before him.

I think Jesus was really a man, highly influenced by Buddhism which was being brought to the region from the travelers. And, where did Jesus really go during this childhood? Why were there three wise men who came to look for Jesus? Buddhism is the only reason I think we have a "peaceful" Jesus as opposed to a waring God of Abraham. Broaden your mind and watch the BBC documentary on this subject. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCS7P-vdRM

I don't deny anyone's right to believe what they want to believe, and nor do I deny that something(S) made this world and, thus, has a power to end it. But "Who" that "Something(s)" is is yet to be known.

And, it is for this reason that I am not a die-hard Republican. I am mad that they are yielding to the Religious Right.

Beautifully written. 100% in agreement.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think it's bull****, but we're throwing an end-of-the-world party just for fun.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Any one who has intrest in the subject can look up 2012supplies.com

There is so much pointing to the end how can we not at least entertain the idea?

Well, people thought the world was going to end on Y2K. Then people thought the world was going to end on 6/6/06. Then some yahoo told his followers the world was going to end on May 21, 2011. There have been SO MANY failed "doomsday" dates.

It's a waste of energy to panic over the end of the world. There are better things to do.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nah, we aren't the first humans to have evolved thus far and wont be the last, sure we will eventually become extinct, and you know what? Another human race will take over... So no, we humans are not going anywhere anytime soon, we are here to stay.

Y2K wasn't the end of the world as people say, it was a panic in the IT industry because of date/time formats... ffs... Y2K was related to computers, was never a human thing, can people at least get that right :/
  • mkim3138
    Options
    If its the end, I hope it's with zombies :tongue: bring it on zombies!
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Real answer is:

The date is based on the whole Mayan long count calendar. OUR current calendar incorporates a "leap year" that adds a day every 4 years. This wasnt created until 45BC (by Caesar of all people), which was hundreds of years after the Mayan calendar. If you remove all the extra days of the "leap years", you will find that December 21, 2012 has come and gone a LONG time ago!

Yay, we are all still here and alive.. just like we will be in another ~month and four days.
  • galilanee26
    galilanee26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we should all be partying like it's 1999. :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.