• ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    bump! Trying these for sure!
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Delicious.

I think I might add one or two egg-whites to get these to be a little more filling. (only 17 calories per large egg white)
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I made them yesterday and today.
    heres what mine looked like:
    2ingredientpancakes.jpg

i mixed both batches in the blender.
    yesterday with just the two ingredients i found the "cakes" to be very dense and difficult to flip. (taste was good)
    so today i added a tsp of vanilla and a tsp of baking powder. it seemed to make the texture fluffier and pancakes much easier to flip. (taste and presentation were very good)

id like to try it next omitting one egg and in its place use ground flax seed. my guess it would be an excellent binder as well as adding a nuttiness, which i love. if anyones tried it id be pleased to know how it worked... if not, i'll be sure and post an update when i try it myself. =)
  • Cheddars13
    Cheddars13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tried these today....fantastic! :happy:
    I had a little Nutella on the side, just in case i didn't like the flavour lol i plan on making these again using different toppings (hopefully healthier than chocolate:tongue: ) and adding a tbsp of baking powder to make them a little fluffier and hopefully easier to flip....I had a bit of trouble with that...
    Thanks for the recipe!!
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Didn't care for them. I think they really need some type of flour in them to give them more structure.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I just came to the recipes board to post SUCH a similar recipe. Mine is exactly like yours, except with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 2 packets of Splenda added in.
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thankss! Gotta try these!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I made a pancake this morning (1 large pancake) and it was very yummy! It would have been even better with syrup but I didn’t have a chance to pick up some light syrup.

I’m calling these ‘Recovery Pancakes’ b/c they contain all essential items to re-fuel after a workout; protein, potassium and carbohydrates.

I mashed up the banana well with a fork in one bowl and then mixed eggs and cinnamon in a separate bowl then combined the two. As a result I didn’t have any lumpyness in my pancake.

I took a photo but wow, does the new version of photobuck SUCK! It is soooo slow and wont function properly. I’ll have to find another photo sharing site :(
  • imcountingcalories
    Options
    These sound so good! Thanks for sharing!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • erinblaze86
    Options
    Bump
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love "breakfast for dinner" and am absolutely going to give these a try tonight!
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump! Can't wait to try this.
  • dlneitzel
    dlneitzel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I gotta say..I just made these and I didn't like them. Though I will say syrup actually makes them taste worse. I used a stick blender and everything blended well. A sprinkle of baking soda and flaxseed meal improved them. Also, cook on a pretty low heat, they burn easy... lost half the batch that way.

If I didn't go into it thinking 'pancake' I might have enjoyed them. Will try again another time.
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think that i will give these a try.Really nice to get new ideas.Thanks.:wink:
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    awesome idea. I will have to try it! BUMP!
  • Bump!
  • DeirdreMum8
    Options
    Love these, perfect way to have my pancakes while the kids have theirs. So nice and sweet I ate with a bit of cheese almost like a crepe, delicious!:love: What are more recipe tricks like this??
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump!