1200 calorie friends?

Options
Hi! I'm looking for friends w open diaries aiming for 1200 cals per day. This is my goal as well. Lets support each other!

Replies

• getitgirl11
    getitgirl11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What is your goal by consuming only 1200 calories per day?

Did you know that eating too-few of calories can actually cause our bodies enter starvation mode? The thyroid hormones needed to fuel your metabolism can’t be produced and our metabolism starts slowing down. Our bodies start clinging to fat stores as a source of energy and we become sluggish.

The ideal caloric intake is based off an equation that first calculates your BMR to include your height, weight, age, gender.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Once this number is established, the next step adds in your activity level in the Harris Benedict equation.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

This final number is what you should be consuming on a daily basis. The ideal plan for your body is 40/40/20, meaning 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. This keeps your body in fat-burning mode while allowing the gain of lean muscle. It also allows your body to maintain a higher energy level and feel full longer!

I hope this helps, feel free to add me :)
  • Curvybuthealthy
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1200, too! I"ll add you :)
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Im on 1250, feel free to add me.
  • sahmom24
    sahmom24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The app put my goal to 1200 calories a day, so that cant be too low, right? I just started last Thursday, you can add me. I'm new here on the message boards.
  • cjalexander
    cjalexander Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 1200 - I will make sure to log regularly if you do ;) haha

But yes it would be great to have a 1200 calorie buddy - and btw for short people like us 1200 is totally sufficient for our nutritional needs
  • danqayyum
    danqayyum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I"m on 1,200 cals / day for the past couple of weeks. add me.
  • Almayyas
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1200 cals per day.. feel free to add me people ;)
  • Toshiana123
    Options
    I'm at 1200 and my diary is open. If anybody else need friends, feel free to add me.
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200 calories a day, but it's more like 1400-1600. You can still add me if you like
  • AudreyinNC
    Options
    I'm at 1200 per day. But I do add in at least half my exercise cals per the site. So I'm around 1400 per day.
    Feel free to add me ;)
  • scb1985
    Options
    i'm aiming for 1200-1300 so please feel free to add me as well!
  • MissLotte
    MissLotte Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 per day (but will be upping it once I start to plateau). Feel free to add me, sometimes I go over and I eat the majority of my exercise calories back. Been here about 6 weeks now but was on holiday and not trying for 2 weeks, have just spent the last week losing what I gained on holiday so what I have achieved in 6 I had actually achieved in 3!

Hope all goes well for you. xx
  • Kkwalker88
    Kkwalker88 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories per day and have an open dairy. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • jessica3479
    jessica3479 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was at 1230...but after I lost some weight...MFP now puts me at 1200. Being 5'3" and all....i guess that's all i need?
    my food diary is open, i try to update it frequently
  • karenb125
    karenb125 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1230 calories a day and am only on day 3 as I just started on Sunday. It's going ok so far but I earn some extra calories by walking my dog so I can have some little treats!
    I try to eat fairly healthily but at the moment I'm concentrating on getting my weight down without depriving myself or eating to many 'boring' foods. Once I get nearer target I'll work on the macros and the nutrition!

If anyone wants to add me please do as I am new here, my diary is open :smile:
  • emmdee1971
    Options
    Also at 1200 calories, but seem to be eating more than that. By registering everything you eat, I never realized how much I was eating. I eat healthy anyways, but apparently too much. My downfall is snacking on the wrong things too.
  • deactivatefat
    deactivatefat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1200 calories here! about 90lbs to lose- Feel free to add me!
  • Yukitoki
    Options
    I'm at 1200 too (I'm also a small girl) and just started (this Sunday) so I have basically no friends. Feel free to add me, it's better with company!
  • anesthesiaaa
    anesthesiaaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think that 1200 NET calories a day are OK for shorter women like us. My goal is to lose 1 pound a week which also doesn't seem to be unhealthy or too fast. Moreover I even feel I eat quite a lot:-)

If we keep working out both cardio and strength and eat the right stuff we could even speed up our metabolism!

Plese feel free to add me as well:-)
  • FinShanna
    Options
    Hi there all,

I'm on a 1200 kcal a day too. could use some friends going through the same stuff :) Feel free to add me. Discipline is easier when you're not alone :)