Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    I gave up that bloated guilty feeling I have after eating a 1000+ calorie bag of potato chips, any kind. :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Animal products. Meat, cheese, dairy, etc. I did not start this for weight loss,however, I started it for my health. The weight loss is just a FABULOUS bonus!!
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Regular soda (I only have diet now if any at all) and fruit juices that I THOUGHT were good for you until I saw the calorie count. Also don't go out to eat as much but I still go out. Honestly, nothing's off limits, just moderated.

I also have not had any alcohol whatsoever since I started tracking. Which wasn't a conscious decision, I just haven't had much opportunity or desire for it (the thought of having to log a Smirnoff Ice or a long island iced tea from Houlihan's isn't very pleasant...)
  • Pop, even diet!! Chips.. i use to eat a bag a night 4-5 times a week.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Wine.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Most fast food. I used to do McD's for breakfast, Wendy's for lunch, and Taco Bell for dinner. Almost every day. I still have Taco Bell's fresco menu occasionally, and when I'm short on time I'll hit a Subway. Even if it's not the best, it's SO much better than what I used to do!
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Wheat products and sugary foods.
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    I gave up all pop first and lost 10lb right away. Then it was the junk food and portion control. It was hard to go from being able to eat 4 slices of pizza down to controlling and eating 1-2. We dont keep chips or cookies in our house, its all fruits and veggies and cheese for snacks.
  • sammkate
    sammkate Posts: 9 Member
    Wine may be my worst enemy. I am trying to cut back. used to have a glass a night and more on weekends, but now trying only to have a couple of glasses (3) one night during the weekend. It's hard but so far so good! (2 weeks in)
  • Sleeping in and a life of lethargy. That's pretty much it.
  • msglamazon
    msglamazon Posts: 2 Member
    Two weeks ago my doctor said that I had to cut out bread and pasta (pretty much anything with flour), snacks, and sugar. I'm a snacker, so that part has been hard; and I absolutely love pasta...but I ironically enough, I haven't missed it yet.
  • Diet sodas
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    soda
  • McDonalds Sausage and Egg Muffin Breakfast...I used to eat it everyday! I feel much better eating a more balanced breakfast now though, so I'm not missing it too much. I also gave up the two sugars I used to have in my coffee/tea, I drank about ten cups a day so it really added up!
  • desiree7hanson
    desiree7hanson Posts: 31 Member
    I'm trying to think of something that I gave up completely, and I just can't. There are many things that I only have on special occassions now, like ice cream. I only eat fast food 2-3 times a month when it used to be 2-3 times or more a week!
  • Simple, eating whatever I want whenever I want and however much I want of it. Freedom ain't everything.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    SODA!

FAST FOOD!

I guess i would say ice cream too.....
  • MzGoddezz
    MzGoddezz Posts: 20 Member
    I've given up fast food, candy bars, and chips. Not forever but for right now. I don't want to starting cheating until I start seeing progress.
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Juice, chips, candy...
    In high school I could eat anything and everything and was thinner than I am now. So stupid!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Most Fast food, cake, sweet bread & soda.