I want honest opinions?

Options

Replies

• TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Too lazy to read through all the stuff, but if it hasn't been said already...

How much do you need to lose? I don't know, how much does your boyfriend weigh? That's how much.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I agree here. You looked best in pic three.
    Honestly....the middle pic is the LEAST FLATTERING photo of you. Waay to skinny! You look much prettier in the other photos.
  • Katie22222
    Katie22222 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In my opinion you looked best in the second picture, although I think you look good in all of them :). Try to be at a weight that makes YOU happy. You boyfriend should NEVER make you feel bad about your body.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I thinK I agree with the rest

1) I think you may need a new boyfriend
    2.) The middelpicture you are way too skinny.
    3.) The third picture is the best!!! ( The first one is really ggod too!)
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of websites to calculate ideal weight for height. Just as an example I used the Weight Watchers calculator, as they have been doing this a very long time. This is what it says for your height (which is also my height, BTW, and I am aiming for 150):

"Your healthy weight range is 132 to 164 lbs.

If you're above your healthy weight range, losing weight could decrease your risk for many serious health problems, and can also contribute to higher energy and other day-to-day benefits. Weight Watchers can help you reach a healthy weight — and stay there.

However, if you’ve gained several pounds within this broad range as an adult, you may notice that you feel less energetic or could be experiencing other issues. If so, you may want to return to a previous healthy weight.

As with having a low BMI (under 20), being underweight can pose several health risks. If you're below your healthy weight range, please see a health professional to rule out any problems."
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    I share similar opinions to others in saying I like you best in pic three. I do however accept that all people having body "issues" so to you you may have felt best in the middle pic. If you have a health BMI I would suggest focusing on healthy lifestyle as opposed to weight i.e. exercising regularly, eating good nutritious foods etc. Do you know what your BMI is? if not I would find out. Those with very low BMI's (under 18.5) can be just as unhealthy as those with high BMI's (over 24.9). I know the BMI scale isn't flawless but it is good at a population level. Maybe you should work on your self esteem/confidence? just a thought
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    i think you should feel comfortable in your own skin. i agree you looked much too thin in the middle picture. if your boyfriend was telling you to drop some weight my opinion is you should drop HIM. I'd bet you'd feel much lighter after that! you looked young and beautiful in the first picture.

^^
    This!

I am aging myself, but when I was growing up, there were women and girls who were considered TOO thin. You in the middle picture are definitely in that category. You even are in the lower picture in MY opinion. I think you look just right in the top one! Dump the critical boyfriend- he will ONLY get worse (believe me - been there- it is a control issue with men like this to make you do their bidding!).
  • cgilles9
    cgilles9 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses but what I think is more important than the pictures and how you think you look or how other people think you look is how you FEEL. When you are at a healthy weight you should feel strong, energetic, and positive - your mind should feel sharp. If you feel dull, tired, or depressed then something is wrong.

Also, find a boyfriend who likes you for how you are.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You are a beautifull young girl, and I must say that at 120lbs you looked waaay too thin, in the first picture you look healthy. The last picture you are still too skinny :/ Wouldnt you rather have a woman body than a boy? :/ I too am 5"8 and my goal is 134.5lbs and abseloutly no lower than that. I have a small frame. What is your frame?? Find a weight in between the first picture and the last picture. <3
  • rolley89
    Options
    Honestly....the middle pic is the LEAST FLATTERING photo of you. Waay to skinny! You look much prettier in the other photos.

Agreed
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to comment on which picture I think you look the best in because issues around body image are so personal/complex and if you think you look best in the middle one then no matter what anyone else says you will believe what you choose to believe.

What I will say is that from personal experience any man (mind you they are not real men) that makes you question yourself and feel bad about your appearance (weight) when you are obviously in a healthy state, is not worth your time. He may be projecting his own securities onto you as a way to manipulate/control you. I hope the reason you haven't been on this thread for a while is because you are out there taking time to yourself and exploring your own needs and perceptions/beliefs around health and wellness without being hindered by your boyfriend.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    You are young. Consider how you want to live your life. According to the dictates of others, or how you feel about yourself? You also might want to consider whether or not you want someone in your life that feels they have the right to comment on the size of your body and treat you accordingly. There are people out there that will accept and love you for who you are, no matter what size.

You look beautiful in all 3 pictures. Strengthening is an important factor in getting fit. If you're not already doing it, you might want to consider adding some strengthening to your routine. Then...you might want to consider kicking some a**.

Hollycat:flowerforyou:
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options

Also, find a boyfriend who likes you for how you are.

See! There are guys out there that are supportive!
    :flowerforyou:
    Hollycat
  • KevinNichols
    Options
    Why would you want to diet, you look fine, nothing overweight at all. You should just eat right and excersize to maintain a healthy life.
  • KevinNichols
    Options
    I completely agree with disasterman, if you FEEL good then you know you will look good and if people dont like it then that is their hangup. Enjoy a healthy wieght for your height, not whjat people think you should be.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Honestly....find a boyfriend who never says you need to lose weight.

145 is very healthy for a 5'8 woman...and you looked so much cuter in the first pic. :)

DITTO...
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I think you need to be where it makes you happy. You are 5'8 and at 120, I find that an unhealthy under weight for your height but maybe that is just my opinion? The middle photo is in my opinion, to thin. I'm 5'3 and only want to get to 120 lbs. I'm told already I'm getting to thin, but I believe for me it is that people aren't use to seeing me thin at all. However the truth is, you do what makes you feel happy but stay healthy. Don't over do it, but just get comfortable being you. Don't do it for no boy, if he really cares about you, he will love you for you and not pick you apart like that.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    According to BMI charts you are underweight already. Please don't lose any more. The middle picture is definitely the least attractive of the three.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!! And way too thin in the middle pic:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!