BLACK TEAM WEEK 10!!!!

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    So the mexican resturant my husband has been waiting on opening for a while finally opened today..Can ya'll guess where we went for lunch?? Yep you guessed it chuys..it was good homemade tortilla and yellow queso dip and flautas..Can you say I am glad I did 750 calories burned this morning thats the only thing I am eating beside the break I had before the gym and the oatmeal I had after the gym for a total of 340 calories...hopefully I will be ok.. Thought about going back to the gym but my friend seems to think I should be ok..So I hope so!!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    So the mexican resturant my husband has been waiting on opening for a while finally opened today..Can ya'll guess where we went for lunch?? Yep you guessed it chuys..it was good homemade tortilla and yellow queso dip and flautas..Can you say I am glad I did 750 calories burned this morning thats the only thing I am eating beside the break I had before the gym and the oatmeal I had after the gym for a total of 340 calories...hopefully I will be ok.. Thought about going back to the gym but my friend seems to think I should be ok..So I hope so!!!!

Sounds delish-- I adore Mexican food. Glad you had a nice day. Guess the hubster had the needed attitude change? (or I hope so anyway!!!!!!!!! )

If you think you need a little more calorie burn, take a walk this evening--
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I just had to say that I HATE when I forget my HRM at home!!!! I did the same workout as yesterday but added 30 minutes of crutches, and inner thigh exercises!!!!

I am off to spin class in the AM and then heading to the Dr. I have to be better by the 26th and I am not waiting it out this week.

Have a great night everyone!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good evening all...I made it to the gym today for about a 600 calorie burn plus another 1-1/2 milk walk with hubby. It was beautiful in SC today. I'm glad I got to get out some. Good luck to all for weigh in tomorrow.

P.S. I tried my first cup of green tea tonight and can't say that I like it. Is it an acquired taste? I got the Lipton mixed berry flavor and added a little Splenda but I am having to choke it down. Any suggestions?
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Welll everyone you know today is my opening day at the ole barrel, Gonna make it a great day then gonna hit the gym afterward...Hope everyone has a great weigh in
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team!

Lori-- It's moving along and looking great!! You are doing a fantastic job! Oh, did you ever make your decision on the bathing suit pieces? Is the sales girl going to have it in for you?:wink::laugh:

Tammy-- Good luck on the job decision...Im sure you will do what's right for you and your family:flowerforyou: As for the green tea...I drink the Lipton On The Go green tea packets that you just add to your water. It's delicious. I've never liked hot tea, so not sure what to tell you about that one...

Sam-- Oh I would be so lost without my HRM at the gym! I know I would turn around and go get it!!:laugh:

Tamara-- Glad you enjoyed a nice lunch with the hubby, sounds like he must have been in a better mood :wink: Have a great day at work today!:flowerforyou:

I made some homemade chicken fajitas for dinner last night. Delicious and very healthy-made! Loaded them up with fresh veggies and put it all in a whole wheat tortilla wrap...yummy! I think I have enough leftovers to have another one for my lunch after the gym today:love:

Well, good luck with weigh ins this morning and have a fantastic St. Patty's Day everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good morning my friends-- had an arduous but uplifting run last night. Ran through considerable pain in the foot, chanting my mantra, "Brown's don't stop." Dedicated my run to my mother-in-law-- if she can persevere through her terrible emotional pain right now, how can I give any less through my physical pain. So, on I went.

I'm questioning whether I'll ever reach the numbers to practically be able to do the 1/2 marathon-- not at all giving up. But, I figured last night-- while I may have difficulty going more than three miles, I'll at least do that much-- or die trying.

I crossed my finish line victorious-- that which does not kill us makes us stronger, they say-- right?

Going out to lunch today-- got to get to work--

Later, my friends.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello....spent my computer time writing a monologue (sp) :laugh:

Called my trainer at the gym yesterday. I figure if I pay someone then I will show up and get back in the groove.

After talking to her for an hour she offered to work with me on the beach! (THANKS LORI!!)

The ocean lifts my spirits so I bet my workouts will double in intensity!!

I had told her how I do my cardio on the ocean and she mentioned wanting to walk with me! I love it (although that skinny b1tch better now wear a bathing suit:angry: ) Now I am SO looking forward to working out!

Support works my friends..............I received a PM here that got me off my pity pot and back into thinking about my health! Thanks!

:heart: Jeannie
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Sam-- Oh I would be so lost without my HRM at the gym! I know I would turn around and go get it!!:laugh:

I would have if I didn't have the girls. I had already checked them in, got on the eliptical/crosstrainer thing and started it then I went to start my HRM and it wasn't there. ARG!!!

Didn't make it to the gym but I did get up and go to urgency care to get some meds for my sinus infection. I will head to the gym tonight.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I would have if I didn't have the girls. I had already checked them in, got on the eliptical/crosstrainer thing and started it then I went to start my HRM and it wasn't there. ARG!!!

Didn't make it to the gym but I did get up and go to urgency care to get some meds for my sinus infection. I will head to the gym tonight.

Have a great day everyone!!

SAM Fifty five pounds??? Your wasting away to nuttin! :huh:

I am so proud of you!

AND whilst baking yummy cookies....hero:love:
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Ok I know I'm not on your team anymore but I wanted to drop in and say Hey and see how you all are doing. You guys are doing so great too! Keep it up everyone!

Lori-Your outside kitchen looks amazing! I would love that!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good MOnday morning team,

Catching up on all the post.

Marla- Wow what a saga. I'm dealing with that drama myself. DH was in ER last weekend for possible heart attack and had to call the cardiologist on Monday. Do you think he has called. Of course not...MEN!

Tanya- Hope your Mother's Day was grand!

Lori- I just love Lowes. I can't wait to plant me flower garden. But why is it still so freakin cold? I'm an island girl I needs my warmth:laugh:

Shuntae- Congrats on running in the rain. That's a different beast...shoes water logged and legs feel 2x heavier.

Anywho, I'm taking my exercise and eating day by day and yeah I blew it over the weekend. Went out of town with hubby and no kids. I guess I lived it up and now I'm paying the price. I can't say I didn't enjoy myself.:drinker:

Jan-- I hope you have better luck with your hubs. Although, to be fair, now that I've discussed it with him-- the main reasons he refused to stay in the hospital on Saturday were that A) it was Abby's 8th birthday and he wasn't gonna miss it. Sweet.

And B) he's been in a pissing match (yes, I know, my language has been salty lately-- but there's no other word for it) with his brother over his mother's care, and my brother-in-law has been puffing up like a rooster over the power he supposedly has and has refused to even let her visit here without him. However, he's in Florida and "graciously granted us permission" (ahole) to come get her for the day and there was no way hubs was going to leave her in that hell hole they have her in yesterday.

So, he signed himself out.

Now, will he contact the cardiologist again? Doubtful, unless he has great pain and is scared-- but, again, like I said, I'm washing my hands of it. Don't wanna hear it. Not gonna talk about it. Just paying the life insurance.

Marla, LOL you certainly have a way with words. Love it!!!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    DOES ANYONE ELSE GET VIRUSES FROM THE MFP WEBSITE? :explode:

I keep getting them. DH said to limit my MFP so now I'm checking it at work. Playing misssion impossible...we are forbidden to do anything else other than work at work*sheesh* Anyway I'll check in when I can.

Hope everyone's having a great hump day!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,748 Member
    Options
    Jan- I've never had any problems with MPF.

Jeannie- so glad to see you back here talking about getting your *kitten* back in gear my friend.

My *kitten* needs to follow Jeannie's *kitten*. Granted, I've been hitting the gym, but it is half hearted of late. I keep making the excuse that I'm working so hard at home in the yard so I don't need to kick it at the gym. Not sure who I think I'm kidding.

Anyway, I'll get into it more later. Told hubs we were starting P90X on Monday. I have some planning to do and some goals to set. I will allow myself to 'slide' through the rest of the week and then the weekend, then harsh reality is setting in come the new week. It's time. I've milked this 'break' for all it's worth and extended it week after week- all the while eating crapola.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Amazing thing swimsuit season-- has us all shaking in our boots, and gettin' our *kitten* back in gear.

Friday's payday, and my butt's goin' back on plain yogurt and the like-- kickin' it back into overdrive.

Had a LOVELY lunch today with some friends. Jim Cannon and Bud Allen, two gentlemen (woo-hoo-- handsome even) for whom I'd done some personal transcribing in late '08 for a lawsuit they were filing (old friends of ours from our old town) finally took me for my thank you lunch.

They won the lawsuit and have been granted court costs, supposedly-- some of which are the costs associated with the transcribing. They'd had me submit a bill to them for what I would charge, so if all goes well, some day when the other side stops appealing and reappealing (the wheels of justice do indeed grind slowly, my friends) Lord willing, I'll be collecting over $700.

At the very least, I enjoyed two lovely glasses of white zinfandel-- yes, two-- you should see my cheeks glowing right now -- oh my-- and a yummy chicken/spinach quesadilla. Yes, it's St. Patty's Day-- no green beer or corned beef for this woman--

Anyway-- it was lovely and a nice respite. Had I not had to pick up Aaron at 2:30, no doubt I'd be on my 3rd glass right now (and on the floor, no doubt-- ha) Probably for the best that I had schedule demands-- these two gentlemen would be drinking buddies that would get me into trouble-- hee.

Lovely day-- heading out to be mama-- just popped into log my stuff, best that I'm able and touch base.

Later--
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Just peeked in to say hi Jeannie! I missed ya!:happy:

Have a lovely evening everyone:flowerforyou:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good evening all...Had a busy day today. I typed this morning and then went thrifting with my step-mom at 10:00. We didn't get hom until 4:30. Found some really great bargains and only spent about $10 plus lunch, which was a wonderful homemade buffet (not getting on the scale tomorrow). I decided to turn in my notice and leave my national job. The local work pays so much more and I don't have a set schedule. I get the work one afternoon and have until 1:00 the next day to get it back and I work for a very sweet lady so that is a big bonus. I'm sure it was the right decision, it is just scary. Hope you all have a great evening.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    W2D2 is in the books. It felt good and it felt great to be outside in the sunshine. My legs from the knees down are aching now though. I have iced and taken some pain reliever. So glad I get tomorrow off .

I hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day ! No green beer or corned beef for me either. Pizza is on its way so I doubt if I am within my calories today. Oh well I'm allowed an off day.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Good evening everyone,SO made myself go to the gym, I didnt want to in the least bit, but after someone told me a mcdonalds dipped ice cream cone was 190 calories I had one then researched it myself and found out it really was 330 calories I had no choice but to go.. To be honest I ate 1227 calories with the ice cream included which was not to bad I suppose...

Well anyways not feeling to swell,

9 miles done on bike and machine and 734 calories later I am home, ran to walmart after my workout ( I sound like Lori) and bought my kids dough nut ( sound like Lori again) and my darling husband key lime cheesecake...and what did I get ME??? Zing gum...They are so lucky I love the,... I have been on my game since Sunday and feels fabulous last week I really struggled, nothing gonna get me down anymore.

Well hope everyone enjoyed st patty day..no green beer for me either or no corn beef, had the same thing I eat everynight, turkey toastada..I love those things I crave them..Have already made my lunch for tomorrow...gotta be at work at 7 so need to hit the gym by 5 and be home no later then 605 and get ready and get darling daughter ready for school so I can be there by 7, I am usually the type of person that if I am not an hour early I go into a panic attack but I am sorry a gym workout trumps being an hour early...

Hope everyone had a great weigh in.. Good night....
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been on our forum for awhile but, I wish I could have been!!!!! I have felt like Andrew...a bit busy!! Holy smokes!!! And Andrew.....nice work on TV!! Mike from MFP posted the video!! Congrats!!! You are a star!!!!!!!!

Miss you all!!!!!