Two ingredient pancakes (TO DIE FOR!)

Options

Replies

• c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I made them this morning, and sadly I couldn't eat them, they tasted like scrambled eggs with banana mixed in, which is what is, just tasted too weird for me, nice try though.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I tried this today, using a small egg and a mini banana. I was suprised how much that made (7 pancakes!). I was also surprised by how much they looked and "acted" like pancakes. Mine were easy to flip, and I didn't use oil. I ate half the batch with some honey and chopped walnut for around 90 calories. I think the honey and walnut probably masked the scrambled egg taste.

I found that they needed a very small pinch of salt, but that's just personal taste.
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! These are great and easy too. After I read about people finding the batter lumpy, I tried the Magic Bullet to blend the ingredients. It was easy and the batter was nice and smooth.

I'm looking for more recipes without flour if anyone has more ideas.

Thanks,
    Jennifer
  • welfeln
    welfeln Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Some posters were saying these tasted like scrambled eggs with bananas mixed in. I'm not sure how you guys mixed them, but when I made these I used a stick blender to first mash up the bananas real well and then added the egg. I continued to mix with the stick blender until both the egg and banana were well incorporated and it almost got to be a real fluffy airy batter. They cooked up just like real pancakes and even the texture was identical to a normal pancake. Mine had a hint of egg flavor, but for the most part tasted just like banana pancakes. Just a tip on how to mix; but if you are not a banana lover, you will more than likey not enjoy these at all!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I've given in and eaten the rest of my batch. This time I had them hot, with a little bit of peanut butter, sliced banana and honey.

I made mine using a fork to mash up the banana and they didn't turn out lumpy/eggy. I did mash the banana well and mix well.

I think they definitely benefit from a little pinch of salt.
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,184 Member
    Options
    Made these today. They are tasty, but difficult to flip if you make them too big.
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump - thanks for sharing!
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    I made them this weekend and thought they were good...you have to smush the banana up really well...tastes "crepe-ish" if you like crepes, which I do!
  • N_Bridgeman
    N_Bridgeman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump (to try out everyones variations...I think I can remember the recipe!). Thanks :)
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm banana and chocolate chips maybe? YUM
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Always looking for something different for breakfast. I will try these tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing.:happy:
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I looked on line for this as I wasn't familiar with it either. "Bring up my post" is what I found. Not sure how it fits here as often as I see it.
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I made these this morning. I used 1 banana 2 egg whites and added 5 chocolate chips per pancake (30 total) and used sugar free syrup. Caloric total was 238...sooo yummy!!
  • necie75
    Options
    I made these yesterday and the spongy texture got me.I had to throw them out.I just saw where someone had added peanut butter.I may try it again and adjust it.
  • EricThurstin
    Options
    you are right I want to kill myself with that recipe. yikes.
  • live2love2012
    Options
    Yum! Thanks :smile:
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank You
    Gotta try it!!