How many sexual partners are considered too many?

Options

Replies

• _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I never ask. Many feel the need to tell though. It only takes one partner to catch an STD.

But quite honestly, there's a lot to be said about a gal with some experience. :devil: :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Once you reach an age where you have (proper) sexual feelings (not the sort you have when your 13 and looking at your dads zoo mag) then sex is a basic need... just like bathing! If your in a long term relationship from the age 18, so by 24 have only been with that one person its easy to judge people who sleep with someone new every other week... but the fact is when in a relationship you get all the sex you need, but when your single that feeling doesn't just go away, you need to satisfy it, so if someone is single for a long time they are going to have a lot of partners, you can't just expect single people to not get any while those in relationships get it everynight. The problem is when people have an addiction to sex... and thats only a problem because it causes destruction to their life.... if nobody is getting hurt/used/cheated on its nobody else damn business.
    Are you being serious right now? I haven't had sex in five and a half years because I haven't been in a serious and committed relationship in five and a half years. I don't expect other people to do that, but to say that it's a basic need and you have to satisfy it is...ridiculous. Maybe YOU need it, but I get along fine without it. It's not like bathing or eating or breathing. It's nice to have when you can get it, but you're not going to die without it, otherwise I'd have died a long time ago. "so if someone is single for a long time they are going to have a lot of partners" <---:laugh:

As to the question of how many is considered too many, that obviously depends on who you ask. Personally, I wouldn't ask. I don't need to know how many people anyone has slept with. If I was with a guy who treated me well, cared for me, respected me, and all that, my feelings for him wouldn't suddenly change by knowing how many people he'd slept with.

Um...I have to ask...does that mean absolutely NO sex--even of the self-induced kind? If so, I couldn't last more than a couple of weeks...just saying...
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    "so if someone is single for a long time they are going to have a lot of partners"

Single usually means: "I'm not sleeping with anyone."
    Single sometimes means "I'm not in a monogamous relationship with a specific person. At the moment. How YOU doin'?"

In other words, it means... nothing.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I figured The Count needed to be in this thread in some way, so here he is punching Edward Cullen.

humor_vampires_sesame_street_the_count_edward_cullen_desktop_1680x1050_hd-wallpaper-761632.jpg
  • Mnm1983
    Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    X + 2 is too many. X + 1 is perfect.

Where x = current number of exes, and 1 is whoever you end up with for the rest of your life.

Simple, basic algebra :P

simple yet brilliant:glasses:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what if you only humped two dudes but made a mouth party on 400? Does that make you a slut? Or what if you humped 400 but only made a mouth party on two? Does that mean you're uptight?

WHAT IF YOU HUMPED ONLY TREES!!!!???!?!?!?!??!?!? OMG!!! DENDROPHILIACS!!!! OH WOMAN OF LOOSE MORALS!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA there was a guy on my street in louisiana who was arrested for dendrophilia and he had to go introduce himself to all the neighbors cause its a sex crime!!! I forgot about that hahahahahaha god i hope that doesnt get me banned :-/
  • mramirez1981
    Options
    I never ask. Many feel the need to tell though. It only takes one partner to catch an STD.

But quite honestly, there's a lot to be said about a gal with some experience. :devil: :smooched: :flowerforyou:

That's exactly why your 30's are way better than your 20's.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I figured The Count needed to be in this thread in some way, so here he is punching Edward Cullen.

humor_vampires_sesame_street_the_count_edward_cullen_desktop_1680x1050_hd-wallpaper-761632.jpg

so much :heart: right now
  • yoovie
    Options

Marry me.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Thread win
  • mramirez1981
    Options

Marry me.

LOL! Love it.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Marry me.

LOL! Love it.

I love women with experince.....it makes it that much more fun!!!!:devil:
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Once you reach an age where you have (proper) sexual feelings (not the sort you have when your 13 and looking at your dads zoo mag) then sex is a basic need... just like bathing! If your in a long term relationship from the age 18, so by 24 have only been with that one person its easy to judge people who sleep with someone new every other week... but the fact is when in a relationship you get all the sex you need, but when your single that feeling doesn't just go away, you need to satisfy it, so if someone is single for a long time they are going to have a lot of partners, you can't just expect single people to not get any while those in relationships get it everynight. The problem is when people have an addiction to sex... and thats only a problem because it causes destruction to their life.... if nobody is getting hurt/used/cheated on its nobody else damn business.
    Are you being serious right now? I haven't had sex in five and a half years because I haven't been in a serious and committed relationship in five and a half years. I don't expect other people to do that, but to say that it's a basic need and you have to satisfy it is...ridiculous. Maybe YOU need it, but I get along fine without it. It's not like bathing or eating or breathing. It's nice to have when you can get it, but you're not going to die without it, otherwise I'd have died a long time ago. "so if someone is single for a long time they are going to have a lot of partners" <---:laugh:

As to the question of how many is considered too many, that obviously depends on who you ask. Personally, I wouldn't ask. I don't need to know how many people anyone has slept with. If I was with a guy who treated me well, cared for me, respected me, and all that, my feelings for him wouldn't suddenly change by knowing how many people he'd slept with.

Um...I have to ask...does that mean absolutely NO sex--even of the self-induced kind? If so, I couldn't last more than a couple of weeks...just saying...
    Self-induced? Isn't all sex self-induced?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Women with experience and or that think they can handle the legendary Big brown meat love hammer......feel free to PM me.
    that is all
    gracias !
    :devil:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

psssst... she means "*kitten*"
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options

psssst... she means "*kitten*"
    I'm aware.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of guys asking me about my number. For the record I'm 30 and my number is 9.

That being said, I have nothing to be ashamed of. I've been safe, sane, etc. I just don't know why guys want to know that.

Several people have asked me and then asked "Don't you wanna know mine?" Ummm, not really, your past is your past :ohwell:

I haven't been asked for my "number" since I was in my early 20's. Most people don't seem to care or even want to know. Honestly nobody knows my number. It's not a topic of conversation for me as it is my private life. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed, i just don't need to explain myself or justify my actions that came before I met whoever it is I'm currently with.

A lot of it depends on how many long term relationships you've had. If you've had two lengthy relationships in your life your number will be smaller than someone who has done a lot more dating because their relationships didn't work out.

As long as you are safe and respectful to everyone involved - have fun!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree that Sex is not a basic need!! They teach you these things in basic nursing classes, try googling Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Sex is right there with food and water.
  • mramirez1981
    Options
    I have to disagree that Sex is not a basic need!! They teach you these things in basic nursing classes, try googling Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Sex is right there with food and water.

Food and water is not a basic need?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Then how is that all nuns don't die early?

I've gone quite long periods without sex and been just fine.
This discussion has been closed.