Why dont girls come up to guys

Options

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Well, obviously I can't speak for everyone because unfortunately what works for one person won't work for another :P

I'm going to say it depends on the woman ;) Some women are very old-fashioned and like to be romanced and chased by the man. Others find that sort of thing annoying and un-attractive.

Personally I never liked to have guys come and talk to me out of the blue. I find shy men incredibly attractive, I LIKE guys who are a little scared, unsure, I adore being able to experience life through their eyes. men who know everything and have had every experience out there just don't interest me so a guy that will just randomly walk up to me for no reason without any kind of encouragement on my part generally won't get too far. I tend to like to make the first move - but not all the moves :P
    It's your test!. . Women instinctually want to make babies with Bold, Strong men. . It's evolution. . It's why the human race survived. . Ever watch nature shows? The male is ALWAYS the aggressor and the female always seems like she's yawning. . . same with people!
    :laugh:

Every woman will like something different honestly..not all women like 'strong aggressive men'. I'd rather make babies with someone who can carry an intelligent conversation and knows how to treat a woman like a treasure..I should direct your attention to the lion pride..it is the FEMALE who hunts and takes care of her mate, SHE is the dominant :tongue:
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I think many men are too intimidated by a pretty girl to approach her, so they never meet! I see nothing wrong with being a confident woman and making the first move. I've done it several times and never regretted it.

I dont think it is the intimidation factor but more of the she is too good looking to be available factor.

REALLY? Men assume good looking women are always taken?

In my community (a separate, self-contained community on the outskirts of Phoenix), the women are mostly married. The nature of my area is not conducive for single women. So, when I see a good looking woman, with or without a ring, I tend to assume she's married. Besides, unless I see a common ground between us, just walking up with the intention of asking her out makes me feel like a creep. :ohwell:

ETA: I'm always alone, or with my son or a dog, and have yet to be approached. :sad:

Interesting. So who are men asking out if they are assuming that most good looking women are taken?

I don't know. I can only speak for myself in my little part of the world. I'm sure things would be much different for me if I moved into another part of town where the % of married-to-single women wasn't so upside-down.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I think it's because they don't have to....honestly women get approached all the time....if you ever question this, watch chris rock's special and especially this segment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90qpDg5y7Lo \m/
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Because I don't want to talk to people.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I think many men are too intimidated by a pretty girl to approach her, so they never meet! I see nothing wrong with being a confident woman and making the first move. I've done it several times and never regretted it.

I dont think it is the intimidation factor but more of the she is too good looking to be available factor.

In my community (a separate, self-contained community on the outskirts of Phoenix), the women are mostly married. The nature of my area is not conducive for single women. So, when I see a good looking woman, with or without a ring, I tend to assume she's married. Besides, unless I see a common ground between us, just walking up with the intention of asking her out makes me feel like a creep. :ohwell:

ETA: I'm always alone, or with my son or a dog, and have yet to be approached. :sad:

Interesting. So who are men asking out if they are assuming that most good looking women are taken?

Majority of the time they are not or settling for another. Hate to word it like that...just KIR.

Yup this is true.
  • mramirez1981
    Options
    I think it's because they don't have to....honestly women get approached all the time....if you ever question this, watch chris rock's special and especially this segment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90qpDg5y7Lo \m/

True, but that's why it's fun to turn the table every once in a while.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Well I know the reason they don't come up to me (fat). Women are generally pretty shallow.

ya, we're so shallow. we're so shallow and self absorbed that we only approach men who generally seem to respect women and arent so lacking in self confidence. thats the other thing about us shallow women.

And you can tell how much respect a guy has for you by judging his fitness level? LOL I doubt it. There is no way any woman responding how they've approached guys before went off anything other than pure looks.

that wasnt for men in general that was specifically directed towards you...when did i say anything about someones fitness level? i said CONFIDENCE. i am someone who will talk to anyone and i dont judge (look at my friends list, all sorts of ppl!) ive appproached guys for looks, yes, dance moves 100%, lol, but really its a confidence factor for me. i like someone who is comfortable in theur own skin, smiling, having a good time and looks like they can enjoy themselves. CONFIDENCE. when u find urs youll see a differnce. ur right, no one picks out the guy sulking in the corner about how 'fat' he is. nope. or the guy who thinks all women are shallow. not him either.
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think it can be for many of reasons. Some women are shy others prefer to be approached or they have fear of rejection. For me personally I never have or will approach a man because I have no self confidence or self esteem. I think I am to ugly, unattractive and simply not good enough to approach any man that may appeal to me. I guess every woman has her own reasons.
  • mramirez1981
    Options

True, but that's why it's fun to turn the table every once in a while.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    First of all, not all guys dig girls being the first to approach.
    Second of all, sometimes half the fun is getting the guy to approach :-P
    Third of all, not only did I approach my current bf but I also challenged him to a dance off. Best relationship I've ever been in :-P

I've never met a man who wasn't happy to be approached. Maybe they are just being nice, but I've never gotten that vibe.

Its the chase. If a girl approaches a guy of course he's flattered but then he knows he's got you....over before it starts....
  • mramirez1981
    Options
    Third of all, not only did I approach my current bf but I also challenged him to a dance off. Best relationship I've ever been in :-P

I've never met a man who wasn't happy to be approached. Maybe they are just being nice, but I've never gotten that vibe.

Its the chase. If a girl approaches a guy of course he's flattered but then he knows he's got you....over before it starts....

Touche
  • _JR_
    Options

I concur. (In theory; not through personal experience though)
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Ok I have a question for the guys....usually when I'm out, I'm with a mixed group of friends (male & female) OR a mostly male group. Hanging with the guys probably hinders my approachability right??
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options

Little do they know, THAT'S when the hard part starts. That is only an 'opportunity' to impress me..If they open their mouth and stupid comes out I have no problem turning right back around LOL
  • _JR_
    Options
    Ok I have a question for the guys....usually when I'm out, I'm with a mixed group of friends (male & female) OR a mostly male group. Hanging with the guys probably hinders my approachability right??

You'd be better off with a 3rd eye or the Black Plague. Girls in groups are a no-go!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    An admire a confident woman that goes after what she wants!! It's a turn on when a woman makes the first move. I think its sad when a person is afraid to take a chance.

Assertive woman have a better chance of getting a man's attention than a shy one!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I get approached alot. Although I think it has more to do with my dog than to do with me. I'm not going to lie. She's gotten me a few numbers. Get a dog mate. They're worth it.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have no problem going up to a guy and starting a conversation. Especially if they have tattoo's (that is just a given, if you have nice ink, I will be talking to you!).
    My friends will usually send me over to check a guy out for them, I have no problem talking to people. My daughter will even send me over to check out girls for her.
    What can I say, I'm a people person :flowerforyou:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

No only the single men....apparently the married men can sniff out a single girl very easily....

true story.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

You'd be better off with a 3rd eye or the Black Plague. Girls in groups are a no-go!

No, quite often I'll be the lone female in a group of men.....