30day shred

Options

Replies

• Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a few other videos that are fantastic.
    30 Day Shred
    Ripped in 30
    6 week, six pack
    No more trouble zones
    Body Revolution

The reason why I mentioned the above video's is because they can all be found for free on YouTube.

Good luck to all of us on our goals.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Gulzilly Thank you for that i am going to check them out! :)
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a few other videos that are fantastic.
    30 Day Shred
    Ripped in 30
    6 week, six pack
    No more trouble zones
    Body Revolution

The reason why I mentioned the above video's is because they can all be found for free on YouTube.

Good luck to all of us on our goals.

Thanks for mentioning YouTube. I don't know why I keep forgetting about watching them for free. Now I don't have to wait until Sunday when my dvds are returned. :p
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I never found Rest in 30 on youtube, and this is what I intend to do after the shred, because the workouts last just as long as they do in the Shred. I already ordered the DVD.

I'm looking SO MUCH forward to seeing your photos you guys :):):)
  • violet976
    Options
    Question for those who post photos. I assume the only way to do so is to have them linked to an external photo hosting site, correct? I currently use flickr, but I use it as a business account so I'd prefer not to put them there. Any other suggestions?
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    HI everyone,

Chloejane, well done on finishing this. And thanks Violet and Guizilly for the list of new things to start. I had thought like you Chloe to continue with alternate days of 30 DS. I just finished level 2 Day 10 last night and must admit today I am a little tender. Am looking forward to starting Level 3. I have watched it and sat with my mouth open, gasping throughout haha!

Am looking forward to the pic. Am certainly hoping I have the courage to show mine when I finished. We are all friends on here aren't we!!!!

Have a good day everyone
    x
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hanbax012
    hanbax012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing Chloe. Just finished L3 Day 3 so getting there!
    Will def check out some of her other workouts after finishing this, i've gotten used to Jillian now!! ;-)
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi, well today I managed to get in day 1 of level 3. Loved it. I was a bit slow on some of the exercises trying to get each body part moving as it should. Much preferred the cardio in this than the other two levels, and preferred the double skip rope as part of the warm up so I did not have to do it when I was already knackered haha.

Hope everyone is shredding well!
  • violet976
    Options
    Well, my 30 day mark was bittersweet. While I'm absolutely stoked that I pulled through, I have to admit that my before photos look practically identical to my after photos. I started this challenge tiny, so perhaps that is to be expected, but I was still a little bummed that I didn't see any more definition in my body in the photos. I can say, however, that my stomach really looks flatter to me in person, and my strength and endurance have improved greatly, so I'd be crazy to consider this a defeat by any means. I am, however, hesitant to bother posting my photos because they really, really look identical to my day 6 photos.

One thing I'm curious about (if anyone happens to know)... it was brought to my attention recently that perhaps I have the wrong goals set for myself. Someone mentioned to me that perhaps my butt & thighs are not fat, as I've been considering them, but instead just flabby muscle that needs to be toned, and that as such, I need to change my focus to weight training to improve my target areas. If this might be true, how does one tell the difference between fat or flabby muscle? I have recently noticed that all the "fat" I can't stand on my butt is just about gone when I flex my butt muscles... does that mean that it's really flabby muscle I need to be working to fix instead of fat?
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Trixiemou, same here with double jump rope! Never did really well during level 2, because it was one of the last exercises, but as a part of the warm up - I rock!!

Violet, I already answered you in another thread. Won't be of much help with the pics I'm afraid.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Hi guys,

Photos will be up tonight (my/NZ time) .
    I am thinking today i am going to do level two butt bible and some zumba.

Violet im not too sure on the photo thing i dno wat to use ill have to figure that out tonight.
    And my pics do show sime difference mainly from day 0 to day 10 then there isnt much change but i can def see it on my body when i look in the mirror i feel stronger and more toned as well.

Trixie- yes! the double jump rope was so much easier at the start i felt so good being able to do it properly!
    Good luck with the rest of the level :)
  • violet976
    Options
    I finally figured out how to get photos on my blog, but haven't gotten to resizing them to fit well in the forum. Hopefully my blog should be public & you can see, but do let me know if not. Really, there is not much change to be seen, so I'll have to settle for just knowing that my body is surely in better shape because of this & hopefully on to bigger and better things.

For the photos, I tried to wear about the same clothes, but a few items were dirty so I improvised. Both sets were shot same time of day though, as identical as possible, and both in the morning before breakfast.

Anyways... as promised, here's a link to my blog. If that does not work, let me know & I'll resize the photos to fit the forum thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/violet976/view/disappointing-30-day-mark-30-day-shred-448674
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    It works.

Gosh, you're pretty! And I love your body shape.
    You're right, you need to watch closely to see differences. Your arms seem more toned to me, as do the buttocks. However, you looked pretty toned to me already. It might take more intense weight lifting to "bulk up" in your case.

Ps. one of your scapulae is slightly lower than the other, have you noticed?
  • MeredithrosePatterson
    Options
    HI Everyone!! I'm very excited to start 30DS tonight! I love reading the posts by others, I find them very motivational! I'm new to my fitness pal and I'm already loving this fitness tool! Good work people!
  • violet976
    Options
    It works.

Gosh, you're pretty! And I love your body shape.
    You're right, you need to watch closely to see differences. Your arms seem more toned to me, as do the buttocks. However, you looked pretty toned to me already. It might take more intense weight lifting to "bulk up" in your case.

Ps. one of your scapulae is slightly lower than the other, have you noticed?

No, I hadn't. Is that a sign of concern for anything, or just genetics? Looking at the photos, I can tell you that the lower side is the same side I injured about 11 years ago, and about halfway down my back and off to the side just a smidge is where my back pain has originated from ever since. I also get a lot of tension in my neck & between the shoulder blades which can trigger some nasty headaches if I don't catch that tension soon enough. Always figured it had to do with that old back injury (sent my back into spasms years ago when I lifted a box incorrectly.)

Thanks for the feedback. Like you, I can see just the slightest changes, but I'm still motivated to keep going. I'm thinking weight lifting is going to need to be a big part of it. Even though the photos don't show it too badly, you can see in the swimsuit shots that my butt is definitely drooping, and that's all pretty much flab no matter what those photos show. I can *lift* my butt with my hands, and that just wont do. :p

Still planning on sticking with the dvds/circuit training as well though, as I've come to really enjoy them & they make me feel like I really can stick to this. & I love the feeling of finally being able to do parts of the routine I couldn't do in the beginning.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    HI GUYS!! ..........Heres my photos from the start too the very end!
    You can see the main difference was after the first 10 days and then not much more change from then on although i do think i look my best at the very end and you can see a slight change in my thighs as well on the inside at the end.
    I feel a lot more toned and a lot stronger also i look a bit better than this in person when i look in the mirror.

Let me know what you think :S
    20j2qeu.jpg
  • violet976
    Options
    20j2qeu.jpg

Hey, you are quite close to my own range. I love seeing such a range of people with variety of goals all doing this routine together. I'm sure you've been told it already, but you look great. Even your day 0 photo looks amazing. I'm assuming you've been working out for longer than the 30 day shred you just completed, correct?

I felt like I had the same problem as you with the photos. I know my stomach is better than on day 6 (I've been admiring it all week), but it just doesn't catch in the photos. So far, the main improvement I really see is in the stomach though, so I'm definitely eager to start up the next routine.

Out of curiosity, what routine are you planning on doing next. I was planning on Killer Buns & Thighs, and am now thinking of trying to incorporate weight training in as well since I think it might yield the best results.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Heres the second one from the side view............

2qbskeg.jpg
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Hi violet...Thank you..yeah ive been exercising since the middle of the year and been on MFP since aug/September.
    and sorry the picture is so small :S
    I think like me you can see the difference in yours from day 0 to day 30 :)