30 Day Shred ... (:

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!
    Did anyone feel like they wanted to give up?? I am on day 5 and am really sore. I'm starting to lose energy and losing the motivation to push through the pain.

Dont give up. If you need to, do take a day off.

I do 3 days, day off, 2 days, gym day, day off.

Your body needs a break every now and again to recover.

I'm not sure if you do or not, but my top tip: Protein shake after every session. It really helped me with recovery to go back the next day.
    I do have a protein shake right after, so I'm hoping that helps. Maybe it's my other workouts that are affecting things. I do zumba for an hour 2x a week, plus cardio 25 minutes 5x a week, and then the shred 5x a week. I skip the shred on the day before zumba so I will be able to make the most out of the class. Maybe I'm just a huge baby, who knows. :sad:

I don´t think you´re a baby, you´re doing quite a lot! How long have you been working out for?

I used to think that good shape was about how much exercise you do, but it´s really about how often. When I started doing ballet twice a week in May, everyone told me that would not help me get back into shape. I believed them, but I wasn´t doing it for the weight loss, I just love dance and I was trying to make sometime for myself and manage the stress that working/housekeeping/motherhood brings upon me daily.

Last Christmas everyone was talking about how great I looked and asked me what I was doing... And I had to tell them that it was ballet twice a week. So I figured that if 2 hrs of ballet a week helped this much, I should try dieting and working out 30 mins 6x a week and see where that will take me 6 months from now. Thats when I came across 30DS and myfitnesspal. It´s just in the amount of time I was willing to dedicate to exercise. I´m on day 10... But my plan is to devote this amount of time daily from now on, so I was thinking that I need more suggestions on 20/30 minute workouts, because I know I will get sick of this one eventually.

It´s great to hear that I am not the only one exercising at home alone!

Aww, thanks. I did find level 1 got easier with time. I've been working out on and off for over a year. Currently I do zumba for 60 mins 2x a week, and elliptical for 25 mins 5x a week. I was more toned last summer but after I got married I started to slack off, and I was surprised how quickly I lost the muscles. Ab workouts have never been hard for me, but I couldn't believe how hard Jillian's abs sections were after not doing situps for a few months!

I don't have suggestions for short workouts, but I have heard Jillian does a few other short workout DVDs. I am hoping to try killer buns and thighs next....not sure how long those workouts are.
  • bethieb
    bethieb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on Tuesday. Did day 1 and 2 of level 1 then woke up this morning with what seemed like the flu :( so I have been in bed most of the day! Have eaten nothing and have slept most of the day. Raging that I had to skip DVD today but hoping I feel better to get black to it again and get day3 done. I have about 30lbs to get off after recently just giving birth to a little boy 8 weeks ago so I'm pretty determined just hope I can stick at it. Also my muscles and joints were so sore today I thought was because I was feeling sick but I just think its from my workouts I've been doing. Hopefully they feel better tomorrow x
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im On day 2 today!
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I ordered it yesterday off amazon :smile: should get it Monday I'm going to do it on alternative days. Can't wait to get started x
  • EmmaGaze
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 yesterday. Was a challenge but will not give up. Am gyming it tonight so that I dont get bored. Have also ordered her Yoga Meltdown. I must be glutton for punishment!! Good luck everyone!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!