Sugar is not your friend part 2

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Brenda - I mistakenly *thought* that dark choc was good for me.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    We're still here-- battling. Winning some, losing some-- winning more than losing, so I take from that a positive.

Now that everything troublesome is out of my house, I'm doing great-- ha.

Payday's Friday-- I'm stocking back up on my plain yogurt, crunchy crud for the top, natural peanut butter and rice cakes. That's what got the sugar out of me over the summer. And it was a lot easier to then resist the sweets.
  • tamarads
    tamarads Posts: 55
    Options
    Same here Marla!! Your profile pic looks nice, your face looks skinnier, here's hoping that translates to the rest of you! :drinker:

Fight the good fight!!:smile:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've been losing the battle for the last several days. Binged big time yesterday. And at lunch today. *deep breath* Okey Dokey. Here we go. Again!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Same here Marla!! Your profile pic looks nice, your face looks skinnier, here's hoping that translates to the rest of you! :drinker:

Fight the good fight!!:smile:

Thank you-- that was actually last summer-- I'm up about 5 since then-- I think it went to my face and tummy. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

So-- it is what it is.

But, thank you!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    threadkiller.jpg

I thought that was my job. Killing threads. I think this one goes through phases like its users. I really really want to do a sugar binge. What a week from He!!. Oh, and it's only Tuesday. But my weeks have no real beginning or end, since I don't have a job. I don't think I've left the house in five days - except down to the mail and the garbage. Just haven't had the best few days.

I'm going to fight the urge to go to the grocery store. I might say I'm going for strawberries, but I think something else would follow me home tonight. Not going.

I have food here, I don't have to go to the store......
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I thought that was my job. Killing threads. I think this one goes through phases like its users. I really really want to do a sugar binge. What a week from He!!. Oh, and it's only Tuesday. But my weeks have no real beginning or end, since I don't have a job. I don't think I've left the house in five days - except down to the mail and the garbage. Just haven't had the best few days.

I'm going to fight the urge to go to the grocery store. I might say I'm going for strawberries, but I think something else would follow me home tonight. Not going.

What a beast this is to fight!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Cheryl-- you kill me-- I :heart: you.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :noway: The Easter Candy is everywhere..................almost bought those little eggs that melt in your mouth kind of like a malt ball........I didn't do it but I thought about it........some how it is getting easier for me not to binge of the stuff. Sweet buds are satieated quicker or something :flowerforyou:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    wine_drinker.gif
    whole bottle.
    that's a lot of sugar...
    wine_drinker.gif
  • tamarads
    Options
    threadkiller.jpg

Way to go Cheryl!!! Hang tough, you can do it!!:flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Go Cheryl, Go Cheryl, Go Cheryl!

For the first time since last Thursday I have resisted the sugar demon. So far! 1/2 way through day 1.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Been lurking. Haven't been in the mindset to share on this one the past few weeks. Nuff said. Proud so many of you are hanging strong. I will be back.........
  • tamarads
    Options
    Been lurking. Haven't been in the mindset to share on this one the past few weeks. Nuff said. Proud so many of you are hanging strong. I will be back.........

Great to see you Lori! Used your Pizza dough recipe, it was fabulous! Thanks! I put it in my stand mixer and it worked well! :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    I just can't log food every day. It is such a chore. So the signature is going to die along with its friend, the St Patrick emo. It is so time consuming. I am going back to what worked in the past. Logging every few days if I'm eating new stuff. The majority of my food is the same stuff over and over, but in varying combos. I still keep a written tally of the food I eat, so I don't forget something. I can do most of the numbers in my head....though I wouldn't recommend it for a long-term weight loss program. Since I'm still in maintenance, and the weather is improving, I find in the summer I really don't have trouble keeping weight off since I am so active. But I have gained about 3 lbs since October. I'm calling it "winter maintenance". Am I in denial?

I did not go to the store on Tuesday. But I went on Wednesday, and brought home an old favorite with too much sugar and every intention of eating the entire bag. So I did. And you know, I knew I was going to and that's okay: I haven't done that in a really long time and I'm going to walk the big hills today. I am going to forgive myself.

It is too much to expect perfection.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I just can't log food every day. It is such a chore. So the signature is going to die along with its friend, the St Patrick emo. It is so time consuming. I am going back to what worked in the past. Logging every few days if I'm eating new stuff. The majority of my food is the same stuff over and over, but in varying combos. I still keep a written tally of the food I eat, so I don't forget something. I can do most of the numbers in my head....though I wouldn't recommend it for a long-term weight loss program. Since I'm still in maintenance, and the weather is improving, I find in the summer I really don't have trouble keeping weight off since I am so active. But I have gained about 3 lbs since October. I'm calling it "winter maintenance". Am I in denial?

I did not go to the store on Tuesday. But I went on Wednesday, and brought home an old favorite with too much sugar and every intention of eating the entire bag. So I did. And you know, I knew I was going to and that's okay: I haven't done that in a really long time and I'm going to walk the big hills today. I am going to forgive myself.

Indeed-- and you're a thoughtful, wise woman who is in tune with who you are-- bravo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

I have a quote in my work area: "the perfect is the enemy of the good." Very, very good (or what I like to call "good 85-90% of the time." is good enough. If I keep aiming for perfection, I never finish anything, and get discouraged. Because, as my very wise grandma used to say "perfect is what heaven is for."

To that, I went on a little staycation Monday/Tuesday and ate way too much of everything, including sugar. Back on track now, day two.
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Never posted to this thread before...but it is interesting that it's about 'sugar not being your friend.'

My mother commented: "You know, Cyn; when you don't eat a lot of sugar, or you just cut it out completely, you really lose weight fast! Have you cut out the sugar?"

I thought that is what ZUMBA was for!
  • MTGirl
    Options

I have a quote in my work area: "the perfect is the enemy of the good." Very, very good (or what I like to call "good 85-90% of the time." is good enough. If I keep aiming for perfection, I never finish anything, and get discouraged. Because, as my very wise grandma used to say "perfect is what heaven is for."

To that, I went on a little staycation Monday/Tuesday and ate way too much of everything, including sugar. Back on track now, day two.

Thanks for those comments you two. I needed that today!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to drink lots of fruit juice when things 'slow up.' While I agree the fruit juices use up my carb count really quickly, I feel that my doctor may have a good suggestion. I am not diabetic and I am slowly, but surely losing weight (3 pounds in the last 10 days: beginning--middle--end of those 10 days.) So, what do you think? Is fructose okay in my situation?