40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am super tired today! I went to Bikram after a 2 week break and thought it was going to be so tough but it was actually one of my best classes ever. And after that I had to work, drive in blowing snow and ice, and I'm just beat now. I still have to do my 30Day Shred. Its kind of hard to do when you're doing other workouts too, but I am determined to get it done in 30 days!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everybody has a "plan"! Awesome!

Welcome - and, yes, even the 39'ers can join....
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Beeps good job on your diet today Beeps! You will make it to the 140s the way you are working and watching your diet.

Ran today - was so nice out, couldn't pass it up.

Food intake was good today as well. Still behaving and following the clean eating diet. :happy:
  • Cyduncan71
    Options
    Hello! I am new to this but would like to join? I'm 41 and need to lose some serious weight.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski - am a bit jealous of your run....I had to teach this morning and therefore will get ZERO exercise in, today!

But, my oldest son is coming for a visit after work, tonight - THAT is something to look forward to!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Oh thank goodness I can go to the gym, today.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I had a TERRIBLE weekend, eating-wise. Simply terrible. I gave myself "permission" to enjoy some potato chips on Saturday (my son came over with his gf - we watched a movie together) - and it just went straight to hell from there. Sunday was awful. I had the WORST stomach-ache I have had in quite some time!

So, today is a 'fast' day. I think I might do mini-fasts everyday this week since month-end photos/measurements are right around the corner!

I did get my lifting in, today. New exercise? "One-leg get ups". Holy gawd, these were AWFUL! simply awful and terrible and my legs are sore and I REALLY WISH MY GLUTES WOULD "FIRE" LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO!
  • swisswife
    swisswife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and don't have any kids...I don't have enough patience and never really liked them that much...... however all the kids in the family think I'm the coolest grown up and love to spend time with me.
    I download music and listen to it really loud, know who all the rappers are, go to gigs, drink wine at lunchtime, swear too much, wear outrageous shoes, have a tattoo, bungeed the worlds highest bungee, parachuted out of a plane over the Grand Canyon and am pretty much everything their parents ( my siblings ) aren't........

I'm also the heaviest I have been as a result of living in 4 continents in 7 years and eating out and partying WAY too much..... so now trying to be sensible ( but don't tell anyone !!! )
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello cool kids!

Beeps, glad you got to enjoy time with your son and his gf, but I totally hear ya on the bad eating. good luck with the mini fasts. I am doing an 11 day cleanse challenge. We cleanse every other day and eat as clean as possible on the other days. Today was day one of celansing for me.

swisswife - you definitely sound like a very cool kid! Welcome aboard. :happy:

I did not do any exercise this weekend whatsoever! :tongue: No excuses, just plain lazy! Today is gym day for me, so back at it.
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    Do i have to bump the thread for a month until I'm officially 40?
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hi there! :drinker:

I'm 45 :flowerforyou:

I have an AWESOME 15 year old son :glasses: and am in the process of a divorce :indifferent: (thus began my weight loss journey :happy: ).

Relatively new to MFP (wonderful friend made me join!) and I love it! Feel free to add me!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hmmmm, sdereski, please post more about your "11-day cleanse challenge" - I'm really interested in all this sort of stuff just now!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Beeps - i use a product called Isagenix (shakes, vitamins, etc) Have been using that for 4 years - it's similar to Shakeology I assume.
    anyway, part of their kit is a "cleanse" juice. It is a fruit flavoured juice you drink throughout the day (4oz, 4xday) You can also eat soem almonds, fruit, raw veggies. If really hungry - a boiled egg or two. No dairy, caffeine. Anyway, when I was diligent with my isagenix, I did a cleanse day 1x week and lost 25lbs doing it. Then I got lazy and on shake days I ate more than I should have and stopped doing the cleanse days.
    this is a challenge with others that use the product. We are doing 11 days of clean eating with 4 cleanse days in there - however you want to do them. I have chosen to alternate cleanse / clean eating days - and started off with a cleanse.
    Am currently on a specialized diet the naturapath put me on for health reasosn, I've been doing the clean eating thing already. I cannot do the shakes at the moment, as the diet does not allow me to have dairy - and they are delicious whey protien shakes.

Didn't get to the gym yesterday as the guy that runs the gym changed the locks and I couldn't get in with my key. :grumble:
    I ran instead, which wasn't bad. Ran 5 miles in 46 minutes, so was pleased about that.
    Am going to try to get into the gym tonight to lift - haven't lifted in 2 weeks!:noway:
  • pbird65
    pbird65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want to play with you kids. I'm 47 and trying to shed 50 lbs. I'm just getting started though. I really enjoy reading everyone's posts. Get some good ideas.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have heard of isagenix....I have a gf who uses that product/methodology. And, yes, she dropped weight (15 lbs, I think?) really quickly! Given she didn't have a lot of weight to lose, she's REALLY happy with the product!

I'm not working out, today - rest day.

Will weigh myself tomorrow to determine if I can get away with "mini-fasts" all week long, or if I'll have to do some FULL-BLOWN one! My photos/measurements are on Friday or Saturday for end-of-November!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps, It really is a great product. My naturapath thinks so too and did not discourage the use of it, until she remembered the protien powder, is whey protien and for the time being, I am to stay away from dairy.

It has provided me with the proper balance of protien and carbs in my diet as I was a huge carb eater and ate very little protien. I was using it for breakfast and then lunch or dinner whichever worked into my schedule better. if I had a lunch date, then I did it at dinner - if it was dinner with the family or out, then I did it at lunch. I LOVE It.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think that sort of 'flexibility' is KEY, sdereski.

I USED to stay away from "whey protein", because I found it didn't always agree with my innards....but, I now rely on protein shakes (all of mine are 30g of protein - all whey!) because otherwise I couldn't:

1. keep my calories in a deficit; and
    2. keep my protein high.
  • sdereski
    Options
    I got to lift yesterday and my body is sure feeling it today. I love that soreness feeling. I know I worked my body good.

Today is a short run day for me. Have a dinner engagment, but because today is a cleanse day, it will be salad only for dinner. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, for PETE'S SAKES, I stepped on the scale, today, and it has me UP a POUND.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm gonna break my OWN rule of "only weighing once-per-week" because I'm TERRIBLY disappointed in this number. So, I'll weigh on Friday and HOPE for better things!

My goodness, I ALSO have to take month-end photos and measurements, on FRIDAY, so, YES, that stupid pound MATTERS.

Ugh.

I *did* get my lifting in and done. Whew.
  • Tracy2750
    Options
    Hi! can I play here too? :) I'm Tracy, 46 yo mother of two crazy boys, 9 and 15 - I fantasize about going on travel for work just to get a clean bathroom. We have a Golden Retriever that thinks it's a cat and right now I'm super stressed and bingey (is that a word?). I'm trying to be tolerant but I don't want to be completely derailed, I still have more to go! And darn it, when I get there, I may even by me some new boobs and an abdominoplasty :)