Are there any dudes here that take this seriously...

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    <

progress pics are far more valuable than your scale............ditch it, and pull out a camera!!

i see that the village you normally terrorize has a good gym. nice work.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    anyone that wants to add me...i will accept. My diary is open and I feel I eat 'normal' food. I have cleaned up what i eat and it has been working for me.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If you got it flaunt it! *L*
  • mkim3138
    Options
    there are dudes that DONT take pictures of themselves flexing???? Whats the point of working out then..........

^This

& to be healthy =)
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm quite serious and have been very inspired by seeing many of the before and after pics on here.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    <

progress pics are far more valuable than your scale............ditch it, and pull out a camera!!

Great progress indeed. Nice job man!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Of course I *wasn't* the sort that did - but I fully plan to get some tarty pics when I hit my weight goal not far off.

Nothing impressive really, but the muscles I have are not much more defined, which is nice - it's like spending 6 months working on how a motorbike looks, then not wanting to take a picture and show others*.

*Actually, I'd never do this - I ride bikes for the riding and they are either standard or a bit tatty generally.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

Yeah, but not that your sexist or making huge generalizations. We are all here to loose weight and most of us to get fit. When I have a 6 pack I'll post it too. We can appreciate the enormous amount of hard work that went into creating those muscles.

Not to mention the men who come onto the forum asking for compliments on their pics and muscles.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If you haven't taken some "before" or "progress" shots, you should. Looking at what's happened over the past month/six months/whatever can help you out a lot. Anyway, it's a fitness website. What did you expect?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

Hey, I don't even have that many "ab guys" on my FL. The ones I do have almost all (if not all) added me. Maybe we aren't all shallow or maybe it's just because I'm married (and he isn't an ab guy either).

There are a few ab guys on my list. Some added me, I added some of them. But I didn't add a single person because of his or her body. Every person on my FL is there because he or she is witty, intelligent, funny and down-to-earth. I have men of all shapes and sizes on my FL and in my life. Personality means a lot more to me than looks.

(Apologies to the OP for a little hijack. That statement was just too much to let go.)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I added someone after an 'ab post' - no, I'm not gay, it was just that he'd started at about the same place (weight/height) as me and had got to where I wanted to be.

If people have a pic of nice abs along with a much higher starting weight it's a rather good advertisement that they've found a system that works well for them.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    My paranoia prevents me from taking pictures. I have in the past uploaded pics but they were up only for a short time.

Once I do get into my desired shape and decide to put up a success story, I might take a pic of the abs only (no face) and post it in the thread but my main profile pic will probably always stay this undead warlock

PS. Nothing wrong with an ab pic or your face pic. Kudos to you. It's just not my thing
  • RoxySherwood89
    RoxySherwood89 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Not true ... not ALL women. And besides if i had abs that tight i would show them off too. people are proud of there acheivments male or female
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If my abs were not hidden by a layer of fat I would show them off to. lol.. One day.. One day..
  • RoxySherwood89
    RoxySherwood89 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If my abs were not hidden by a layer of fat I would show them off to. lol.. One day.. One day..

Haha love this :)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    ...but don't take pictures of themselves flexing in the mirror?

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.

awh...sweetie. I dont flex in mirrors....and could probably out eat you. :) but whatever makes you feel better hun.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

I'm at work and don't have time to scroll through three pages of posts, but PLEASE tell me someone called you out on this...How about SOME women are horrificly (is that even a word??) shallow...some of us are here for weight loss advice, not to ogle dudes' ab pics. Okay, rant over-back to your regularly scheduled programming.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hmm
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    ...but don't take pictures of themselves flexing in the mirror?

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.

Define "way more".
  • mattyb1971
    Options
    I take it seriously. Like many others, no ab pics, but only because I can't find 'em yet!