Are there any dudes here that take this seriously...

Options

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It's a narcissism thing.

I don't use MFP much at all anymore because quite honestly the site seems full of this (between this and trying to hook up) and I'd rather focus on body building exercises and fitness.

However you get what you put into it. I try to mostly avoid the forums and my friends list is devoid of people like this. Most of the people I interact with are here to get in shape and discuss fitness, not their V or hooking up.

Bare torso guys are showing you what they are worth and what they consider to be worth the most. Notice that in most pictures their head is missing.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Well, I like beautiful muscle pics...And I've taken some of myself too...because dammit I earned it and I'm guessing the guys did too. I'm a pig, I love to look, sure doesn't mean I'm not serious...I am however, not a dude. So that being said, I'd just like to say I hope to see a flex or ab pic of you in the future...and to all the other guys and girls...

How YOU doing? :smokin:

Cause why the hell not be proud?...just saying.
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I know I am serious :)
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Speaking as one of those bare torso guys, I do take nutrition EXTREMELY seriously.
    As people have said, the pics are because I am proud of the progress I have made, and I now feel comfortable being shirtless. Am I vain? Hell yes I am! More for the amount of effort I have put into it, however, than the actual physical appearance.
    I am also very willing to give/listen to advice and motivation, so decide what you will. :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not here to show off, I'm using this site to help me to lose weight. I take this very seriously. I need to lose around 12kg, so am using this site to it's fullest to help me.

I hope you dont go look at the progress posts in the forum. Those things make me sick. Showing off about how amazing they are.
  • andek095
    andek095 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm damned serious about this but theres definitely no shirt-off photo's here - I've lost 150+ lb's, I'm pushing 50, skin elasticity has gone to bat****, and there's enough loose skin around my waist to wipe my nose with, and more stretch marks than my ex. had after her 4th kid!

I seriously doubt if I'll ever be seen in public again without some covering on my upper body unless either the skin eventually rebounds or I have a session on the bacon slicer :laugh: Swimming is absoloutely RIGHT OUT, unless it's in the sea, where I could get away with wearing a Rash Vest (or, more likely in UK seas, a wetsuit :laugh:)

Thanks BigYin... this really made me laugh. Great way to start my morning.

Yeah, I'm one of the serious guys. Serious as a heart attack. The doctor told me lose the weight or it would kill me. So I'm doing my best.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    It's a narcissism thing.

I don't use MFP much at all anymore because quite honestly the site seems full of this (between this and trying to hook up) and I'd rather focus on body building exercises and fitness.

However you get what you put into it. I try to mostly avoid the forums and my friends list is devoid of people like this. Most of the people I interact with are here to get in shape and discuss fitness, not their V or hooking up.

Bare torso guys are showing you what they are worth and what they consider to be worth the most. Notice that in most pictures their head is missing.

Are you serious?

Many people post without their head for privacy reasons.
    Many people work very hard and are proud of what they have accomplished.

Lighten up people.
    The human body is beautiful.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with showing off what you worked so hard to acheive? I say kudos- besides, those pictures serve as motivation to so many others. Don't be sour about it.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    It's a narcissism thing.

Your jealousy is so tasty I do believe I'll go log it. Mmmmm.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'm just here for the cheese and wine.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It's a narcissism thing.

Are you serious?

Many people post without their head for privacy reasons.
    Many people work very hard and are proud of what they have accomplished.

Lighten up people.
    The human body is beautiful.

Thank you for this :flowerforyou:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    What really sucks is this progression -

Overweight or unfit -> get educated, get healthy, put in the work

Get a body you had to work incredibly hard to achieve -> feel pride, post pictures -> Get called a worthless musclehead, have all your knowledge and credibility discarded on sight because you must be some freak of nature or jacked up on sterioids and couldn't possibly know anything the "real people" would need to succeed.

It couldn't possibly be from knowledge and hard work.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Your jealousy is so tasty I do believe I'll go log it. Mmmmm.

Uh, can you repost this once you've changed your picture to the one so many love? Please and thank you.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Get a body you had to work incredibly hard to achieve -> feel pride, post pictures -> Get called a worthless musclehead, have all your knowledge and credibility discarded on sight because you must be some freak of nature or jacked up on sterioids and couldn't possibly know anything the "real people" would need to succeed.

:drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    4/10
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Being able to fit into the race suit you see in my profile pic after 137 lbs of weight loss to me is a bigger achievement than getting enough muscle definition to having a six pack show through, so I will happily rather display this than some flexing pic.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    meh \m/
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    ...but don't take pictures of themselves flexing in the mirror?

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.

just curious, why would you think those guys with abs like mine, (except I am hiding mine under a few inches of fat), are taking this serious?
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm serious about weight loss and my fitness. But, I don't have any pics flexing in the mirror. Mainly because I don't think I have anything worth showing at the moment. If I ever do feel like I have something to show, you bet your *kitten* I'll show it. I'll feel like I worked hard for it and will be proud to show it. But, until that day, I'll just stick with the picture of me drinking beer and the other non-flex pictures I've loaded. :)