Are there any dudes here that take this seriously...

Options

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I'm finding I'm having a harder and harder time being bothered to be clothed in real life.... surely it's only right and proper I be semi-naked on the internet too.......
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I had no idea his peon was going to chime in... I have a wonderful Idea you two be freinds and not post in forums and block everyone who make you feel inferior. Or suck it up and realize it is your own insecurities causing you issues not the men of MFP.

I see no reason for you to insult me, but if you insist on suggesting how I should handle friends you should first learn how to spell "friends", if I chose to block "everyone who makes me feel inferior", there would be no one on this site I would need to block.

Have a nice day :bigsmile:
  • steviebot
    Options
    lmfao horrifically shallow. Way to generalize...because that's not insulting or anything. Ugh.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't stop with the sexy *kitten* pics men!! It makes MFP such a wonderful place. To OP.. Gl on your journey and when you feel good enough please feel free to stand in the biggest mirror feel good about yourself and share it with the world. The guys on MFP are wonderful and I am sure they would love to help you with tips but not if you are condeming them for look good. BTW feel free to send all sexy pics to my box :love:

And should you choose to share others my box is open as well... :flowerforyou:
  • katiemhun
    katiemhun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I haven't gone nuts once. And I'm SUPER SHALLOW!!! Weird.
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i take it serious. i tthink so ppl are on here for the attention.. That being said, i believe some of the "ab dudes" are serious and just want to show off there results.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So does having a couple of scrawny flexing pics (but not as my profile) invalidate any contribution I might make to serious discussions?
  • katiemhun
    katiemhun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm finding I'm having a harder and harder time being bothered to be clothed in real life.... surely it's only right and proper I be semi-naked on the internet too.......

HILARIOUS!!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    S**T JUST GOT REAL!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

perfect!!! I'm all for nakedness... :flowerforyou:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    This was the first picture I have EVER let anyone see that had me with my shirt off. I have lost over 100 pounds, I plan on losing over 100 more.
    I was about to hurl when I first put this up. I have hidden for 2 decades. Once I got it done and was able to relax I am damn proud of it.

If this means I am not serious, then no one on here is serious.

As I progress, I plan on posting pretty much everything but my junk!

13191255_6604.jpg
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    If you believe that all shirtless pic guys are shallow & narcissistic, does that mean you also believe all fat people are lazy & unmotivated?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    This was the first picture I have EVER let anyone see that had me with my shirt off. I have lost over 100 pounds, I plan on losing over 100 more.
    I was about to hurl when I first put this up. I have hidden for 2 decades. Once I got it done and was able to relax I am damn proud of it.

13191255_6604.jpg

Hoss is my hero!

:smile:

To the OP, it's probably a bad idea to insult people you don't know because they have a pic of themselves flexing. Some of those "guys with guns and abs flexing in the mirror" have turned out to be some of the best sources of support and information. A lot of them started out obese or overweight as well and worked their arses off (quite literally) to get where they are now.

A little perspective and open-mindedness will take you a long way here. Don't toss good people aside because of your own insecurity or prejudices.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

13191255_6604.jpg

Hoss is my hero!

:smile:

To the OP, it's probably a bad idea to insult people you don't know because they have a pic of themselves flexing. Some of those "guys with guns and abs flexing in the mirror" have turned out to be some of the best sources of support and information. A lot of them started out obese or overweight as well and worked their arses off (quite literally) to get where they are now.

A little perspective and open-mindedness will take you a long way here. Don't toss good people aside because of your own insecurity or prejudices.

Beautifully said, Mama Bear :flowerforyou:

And yes, Hoss ROCKS!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I haven't gone nuts once. And I'm SUPER SHALLOW!!! Weird.

Best line in this thread...
    I guess I'm not shallow enough cause I haven't gone "nuts" yet.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I enjoy seeing the ab pics - male or female. Not because I'm shallow or panting after someone, but because it's very motivational and I can see that these are the people I can look to for advice because it's obvious they do take it seriously.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options

13191255_6604.jpg

I'd post one, but that would involve 4 hours of back shaving.

Although that would be another 2-3 pounds of weight loss.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Lastly, as the OP asked specifically for male friends who do not post flexing pictures; why was it necessary for females or those that take pride in their accomplishments and display their flexing images, to reply to the post at all?

So why did you respond? You don't appear to be the OPs target potential friend either.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

13191255_6604.jpg

Well ***** said!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - and I have pledged that I will NEVER join the brigade who post photos of their navels, but never their faces - which I find curious.
    Apparently, this is because they don't have anyone to take the photo for them - perhaps there is a connection between that and the flexing of abs?