Are you still together/married now...?

Options

Replies

• RobfromLakewood
    Options
    She came to my work place when she was 21, I was 37. I liked her, was attracted to her, but knew she was too young for me. I looked among my younger friends for a guy to set her up with, but no one seemed quite right. About 4 months after meeting her, there was a concert of Russian composers I asked if she was interested in seeing. She was and I immediately went back to tell her this wasn't a date...I didn't want to be an old man sexually harassing her. We went to the concert, then decided to grab dinner the next night.

As we walked from the car to the restaurant, we kissed. About 1.5 years later i asked her to marry me and we married a year after that. We are still together, LUCKY LUCKY me.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Pretty much after four dates I knew. That was three years ago. We just got married.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    35 years ago i saw this litle italian girl putting up chairs at thelocal wendy's. I was there to visit a buddy who was the manager. I REALLY liked the way her boobs made the smock she wore stick out. I asked her for her phone number and we have been married fo 32 years now.

She is theonly woman for me and we have a great son too.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...............THAT IS AMAZING
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I knew the first day I met him. XD And apparently, so did my friend at the time because she was like "dude, I felt that chemistry!" We met August 2004; starting talking in October 2004; started dating in February 2005. Still together. :) We got married in February of this year.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My husband proposed within a month of meeting each other. We were married at six months in July of 2008. We are still happily married now with a little girl on the way.
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Never met a guy I wanted to be with.

So I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I'm really just here to tag the thread so I can read all the gushy romantic stories and then hate my life a little bit more because romance has not been in my past and probably won't be in my future.

*bitter*

Are you overly picky or something? No guy good enough?
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Knew it pretty much the moment I laid eyes on him when I was 16. 14 years and 4 kids later and still going strong :)
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nope!..I'm Oh So Single!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I got married at 20. It wasn't so much that I knew he was "the one" as that I felt like I was being very selfless marrying him (I am aware I am probably a terrible person). I alternated between feeling like we could be together forever in the 1950's marriage kind of way and then sometimes I thought I would leave him the next day. We got divorced when I was 27. No real surprise there.

About 2 months after I left, I started doing the online dating, expecting nothing more than maybe some casual dates and well... you know...

The third date I went on just felt right. It was easy and he was funny and cute and sweet and nervous. I wasn't really as I wasn't looking for anything terribly serious. But after the second date( the next night no less) I went on one more date with a different guy and I knew then that I didn't want anyone else. Just Adam. The last other guy I went out with was totally decent and, if I hadn't met Adam, I probably would have gone out with him again. I never believed in that "know it when you feel it" but I really did. Almost instantly. I always swore that I would never have kids, even through 8 years with my husband. But I'm quite sure I will have them with Adam. And I think I really could be with him and be HAPPY forever. Not just tolerate and push through "for the sake of the marriage".

If you are doubting what you have, then you already know in your mind it isn't what you want. You just have to admit it to yourself and tell yourself that that is okay and you deserve better. Don't doubt that it's out there, though you may have to look for it.
  • virichi08
    Options
    ok, I feel very blessed for this: I met my husband when I was 16. We went on our first date up to the mountains, talked and talked and walked, and I just loved everything about him. I guess when I really knew was when he said God had told him something and he wanted me to pray about it. I knew it was that we were going to get married but at 16 that's a pretty scary thought. Anyway, long story short, we were engaged for about a year when I married him at 18 after grad. from high school. in 2 days we celebrate our 37th year together. "We're still havin' fun, and you're still the one." (song). :heart: :flowerforyou:

**HAPPY TEAR***
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I knew right away. Fought it like the ****ens. Then a few months later we started dating and I could no longer fight it :heart: . And yes, we're still together. Been together almost 11 years, and been married over 8 years :love:

Did MFP censor ****ens.... really?

LOL!!! Looks that way! Yes, because you know how much I cuss? Like....never. o_O
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    were friends for years.. i was married to his best friends brother... but that didnt work out.

So, he moved in with me as a roommate to help with the bills. He asked me to marry him 11 months later.

We will be celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary in May. :heart:
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    We met 87 just before graduation, got together same winter, lived in different towns all during our studies, moved together 92, married 96 and 4 kids later we are still together and in love.<3
    Of course we had some ups and downs but that is part of being married.:smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    How soon after dating your guy/girlfriend did you know that he/she was the one you wanted to be with? And are you guys still together now (how long have you guys been together?)

I knew the first night, but I *REALLY* knew after a few weeks.

ETA: We've been together since August 1993.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I knew within a few weeks that he was the one and my family praised Jesus when I gushed about him because I had a history of high-tailing it after just a couple months of dating and never gushed about guys before.

He says for him it gradually went from "possibly" to "probably" to "definitely". His family knew I was the one for him right away.

We were engaged one year and one day after our first date. Married 13 months after that. We're still fresh newlyweds, so yeah, we're still together.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Two weeks after we started dating :) That was January 1988....still together!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I knew right away. Fought it like the ****ens. Then a few months later we started dating and I could no longer fight it :heart: . And yes, we're still together. Been together almost 11 years, and been married over 8 years :love:

Did MFP censor ****ens.... really?

Better not mention the author either. XD It was like on another site I was on; pennies was a bad word. O.o
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    He said he knew I was the perfect girl in high school, but he was two years younger so I just considered him a friend. I went to college and we never crossed paths again until 7 years later and the advent of facebook. We reconnected and started emailing back and forth (he was deployed at the time). Within a few email exchanges and a couple of phone calls we already knew we were going to get married. Our first date a couple of months later sealed the deal.
    Started 'talking' - March 2007
    First date - May 2007
    Moved in - May 2008
    Married - July 2009

I was married before him, and I thought it was right, we'd been together for four years and that seemed an appropriate amount of dating. But obviously amount of time dating is not the 'tell-tale' sign since it ended in a nasty divorce. When I started talking to my husband and realized how easy it was with him, there was no other way to describe it beside 'he's the one'. Not to say my husband and I don't have our ups and downs and fights, but there's never a question of leaving each other or giving up on each other.
  • virichi08
    Options
    lol @ just break up.

We were engaged three months after we started dating (We were 18 and 21), got married a year and a half later (at 19, a couple of weeks before I turned 20 and 23) and have been married for 8 years this Feb and now have two little boys. I know it wasn't *that* long ago but geeze, we were just babies. All is good though, we're lucky. :)

still love it!!!!!!!!!!! this is the beginning to a long life together =)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I knew almost immediately. We are still together. We've been together for 15 really fun and adventure-filled years. :)