Man to Man: A Support System for Men

Options

Replies

• darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    Ok, I got some jiggle/slosh issues... am I alone?

When I try to run, I feel my flab bouncing... like my man-boobs.
    When I am on my exercise bike, I drink like a fish... and that sets up the slosh... I can hear the water sloshing in my stomach.

You know these don't really freak me out, but the flab jiggle is a little nerve racking... and the slosh is just plain funny.
    dude when i first started running i used the little jiggles to help me set my pace - lol - the will go away - little by little and then one day you just notice - hey, what happened to that jiggle is "used" to have - keep pressin man your doing great!!
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options

When I am on my exercise bike, I drink like a fish... and that sets up the slosh... I can hear the water sloshing in my stomach.

You know these don't really freak me out, but the flab jiggle is a little nerve racking... and the slosh is just plain funny.

I have the same issue. When running down hill or doing stairs and things like that I can feel the moobs jiggle. It makes me self conscious more than anything. The good news is they start to go away. Mine aren't gone yet, but I'm working on 'em.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    'Ello Gov'ner! lols jk, how is everyone tonight? whatcha guys up to?
    I'm just havin a beer whilst just finished watching a movie :)
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options

I have the same issue. When running down hill or doing stairs and things like that I can feel the moobs jiggle. It makes me self conscious more than anything. The good news is they start to go away. Mine aren't gone yet, but I'm working on 'em.

PFFFFFFFFTTTTT I wont brush my teeth shirtless anymore.
    :noway:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Anyone else notice the Dairy Queen adds popping up on MFP? I am trying really hard to ignore the Bacon Double Cheeseburger pictures... but I can almost smell it now!!!!!

I haven't had a fast food burger since December. I haven't gone this long without one since I was 4 months old!!!! LOL
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Anyone else notice the Dairy Queen adds popping up on MFP? I am trying really hard to ignore the Bacon Double Cheeseburger pictures... but I can almost smell it now!!!!!

I haven't had a fast food burger since December. I haven't gone this long without one since I was 4 months old!!!! LOL

:laugh: @ mromnek

I really hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it, but I have not have a fast food sandwich in quite some time either. If I eat one this weekend, it's all your fault! :noway:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a fast-food chain restaurant burger in probably a year, and I don't want one. I'm pretty used to eating right nowadays, and I know that the greasy thing would lay in my gut like a rock.

We have a local Mom&Pop that does a fantastic burger - but they do it with good meat and a home baked bun and quality cheese and all home cooked and ,,, oh yeah :laugh: I don't mind a big lunch if I've earned it, but if I'm gonna blow 800 calories on a sandwich I want a really REALLY good sandwich!

This does get easier guys. After 15 months of this, those ads don't appeal to me at all anymore. :bigsmile:
  • darman
    Options
    have to disagree Casper - they don't lay in my gut like a rock - they make a pretty quick evacuation........if you know what i mean
  • mromnek
    Options
    have to disagree Casper - they don't lay in my gut like a rock - they make a pretty quick evacuation........if you know what i mean

:laugh: :laugh: :embarassed: :embarassed: :frown: :frown:
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    I haven't had a fast-food chain restaurant burger in probably a year, and I don't want one. I'm pretty used to eating right nowadays, and I know that the greasy thing would lay in my gut like a rock.

We have a local Mom&Pop that does a fantastic burger - but they do it with good meat and a home baked bun and quality cheese and all home cooked and ,,, oh yeah :laugh: I don't mind a big lunch if I've earned it, but if I'm gonna blow 800 calories on a sandwich I want a really REALLY good sandwich!

This does get easier guys. After 15 months of this, those ads don't appeal to me at all anymore. :bigsmile:

I am actually noticing it after 3 months. I am actualy using logic when I choose a resturuant or food. Matter of fact, I was out voted my family and we had fast food Friday night and I felt sick the rest of the night. :sick:

Its wierd to be excited about being sick. :ohwell:
  • darman
    Options
    its just funny how being aware of just what you are putting in your body makes you choices on what you eat - its like when you get nutritionally educated you're like..........i just can't eat that - i know how bad it is for me
  • CasperO
    Options
    Yup yup,,, and I think this is why I'm not yo-yoing this time. I got to a weight and size I'm satisfied with last fall. I've been poking around 205-210 for 6 months or so, basically on maintenance. Haven't regained anything, haven't struggled, just keeping on keeping on. I don't weigh much food anymore, and many days I don't even bother to log in my dinner.

So - at this point I'm just barely on the program, and I'm maintaining and even still making a little progress. All because of those good habits I've formed. Oh yeah,,, how sweet it is.

And it's about bicyclin' time! 195lbs here I come. :bigsmile:
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's not like I am always consciously making the right eating choices, but because I have trained myself to do this, it just works out that way a lot. And although I have not been trying to get others on my healthy living bandwagon, I must say that I am noticing positive changes in the people around me. Even the types of foods that my friends and co-workers share with me is different now. Just this recently someone offered me some multi-grain Pringles (which are actually quite tasty).

I am not always perfect, but this healthier-living-thing is way better than the alternative. :wink:
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also like the taste of green apples and for a red apple I like Gala apples. I also find an apple quite satisfying as a snack. Try sprinkling some cinnamon on the cold apple or you can warm up the apple in a microwave and sprinkle on some cinnamon.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    I have my job interview in less than an hour! I hope I do good!
  • mromnek
    Options
    I have my job interview in less than an hour! I hope I do good!

Good luck!!!
  • mromnek
    Options
    You know, I haven't really even craved fast food in a long time. Last week, I had a binge night and treated myself to my favorite food: pizza. But I also exercised the heck out of myself the next several days to make up for it. My wife and I have been eating many of our favorite foods, but with a twist.

We both love cheese steaks. Guess what... I have "perfected" a cheese steak burrito that (with a side of hash browns) is in the 700 calorie ball park. It is quite low on saturated fats and sodium. We might do that one night every week or two.

When we are in the mood for hamburgers, we grill our own. I have been foregoing the cheese to cut down on the total calories and fat. Plus we use Whitewheat buns, which are so much better than regular buns.

We both love Chinese food. I have become quite adept at using a wok and creating my own creations that are phenomenally lower in sodium than what you get from take-out. Pair a good stir fry with some basmati long grain rice, and it is a nutritious and filling meal.

Sunday I was overruled and had to find something in a mall food court. I had a lamb gyro. It really didn't come out that bad when I had a salad to go with it.

I have found that it is still possible to eat like a man, but just tweak some of the food choices to make them better for me.
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    Yup yup,,, and I think this is why I'm not yo-yoing this time. I got to a weight and size I'm satisfied with last fall. I've been poking around 205-210 for 6 months or so, basically on maintenance. Haven't regained anything, haven't struggled, just keeping on keeping on. I don't weigh much food anymore, and many days I don't even bother to log in my dinner.

So - at this point I'm just barely on the program, and I'm maintaining and even still making a little progress. All because of those good habits I've formed. Oh yeah,,, how sweet it is.

And it's about bicyclin' time! 195lbs here I come. :bigsmile:

Casper,

Just curious, do you keep a mental note or have a good idea where you are each day you dont track. I find myself doing that on the weekends.

BTW I am ready to get the bike out myself.
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    You know, I haven't really even craved fast food in a long time. Last week, I had a binge night and treated myself to my favorite food: pizza. But I also exercised the heck out of myself the next several days to make up for it. My wife and I have been eating many of our favorite foods, but with a twist.

We both love cheese steaks. Guess what... I have "perfected" a cheese steak burrito that (with a side of hash browns) is in the 700 calorie ball park. It is quite low on saturated fats and sodium. We might do that one night every week or two.

When we are in the mood for hamburgers, we grill our own. I have been foregoing the cheese to cut down on the total calories and fat. Plus we use Whitewheat buns, which are so much better than regular buns.

We both love Chinese food. I have become quite adept at using a wok and creating my own creations that are phenomenally lower in sodium than what you get from take-out. Pair a good stir fry with some basmati long grain rice, and it is a nutritious and filling meal.

Sunday I was overruled and had to find something in a mall food court. I had a lamb gyro. It really didn't come out that bad when I had a salad to go with it.

I have found that it is still possible to eat like a man, but just tweak some of the food choices to make them better for me.

I think the thing that is working for me is, if I have a bad day I pick myself up and do better the next day. Before if I slipped up on a Thursday I would just say what the heck I'll do it next week.
  • CasperO
    Options
    Casper,

Just curious, do you keep a mental note or have a good idea where you are each day you dont track. I find myself doing that on the weekends.
    During the week I log breakfast/lunch/snacks pretty well, so I leave work knowing I've got 800 cal's left or whatever. Then I have a nice light dinner and a little ice cream before bed and I know I'm Ok, but I don't bother to log it in.

On the weekend, a little of both. I have a decent rough idea where I'm at. I generally call one day a 'cheat day' (though I don't really cheat) and the other day I'll do the mental note thing. It's pretty easy once you get used to it.