Jesus Christ is MOST important?

Options

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

I reported this post.

Well you're just making tons of friends tonight. You shouldn't have even opened it. The only reason you did was for controversy. That is obvious now.

Not for controversy, really. I respect peoples right to believe what they will, I don't respect this post though because I honestly believe it should not be on here.

Then DON'T READ IT. Is this really that difficult to comprehend? No, you're not trying to start controversy at all... *facepalm*

Meh, she doesn't even know how to use their/there in a simple sentence, so I really don't think she gets "it".
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    The kool-aid might be part of your problem, too much sugar! You really need to chill out. No one is slamming you because you don't believe in Christ. Everyone has their opinions and are entitled to them but you don't have to be an *kitten* about it. Close the thread. End of story.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Equally amusing was this someone posted on Facebook recently...

Atheism: The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
    Moderately amusing yes. Last I heard though, most cosmologists are re-thinking the something from nothing idea. Most think there was SOMETHING before the BB, but not sure what. Maybe god? Impossible to say.
  • msmotivated86
    msmotivated86 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

I reported this post.

Well you're just making tons of friends tonight. You shouldn't have even opened it. The only reason you did was for controversy. That is obvious now.

Not for controversy, really. I respect peoples right to believe what they will, I don't respect this post though because I honestly believe it should not be on here.
    there are a lot of posts and pictures on here that probably shouldn't be so who are you to say this one shouldn't be?
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Atheism: The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Actually, atheism is much simpler: it's the lack of belief in god or gods. Nothing to do with science.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    christianity.jpg

OMG I love this!!

Amusing for sure. See, people of faith do actually have a sense of humor.

Not knocking atheism of course. Believe or don't believe whatever you want. Freedom. It's all of ours. Just thought I'd share some similar humor with you. :)

That is as poor an explanation of atheism as the post is an explanation of Christianity. Both make one appear ignorant, but as a scientist I believe it's worse to appear ignorant of science. There was no explosion--explosions require oxygen. There was an expansion. Nothing 'magically rearranged'. All the building blocks of life were present and only one singularity was required to set in motion the evolution of single-celled organisms to the multi-cellular beings that inhabit the earth today. The reason? Because it is inevitable that an infinite system containing all necessary aspects of life would, at some point in the infinite measure of time, come together to form a membrane-bound cellular organism capable of producing energy and thereby reproducing of its own accord.

In any case, if you had been born in Delhi you'd probably be Hindu. You just so happened to be brought up Christian, so here you are. Your predisposition for this specific religion was nearly as inevitable as the spontaneous existence of life--an accumulation of coincidences.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    ... no one is emotionally invested in their genitals...

I beg to differ.

Yeah, um especially trans* people can have a lot of emotion surrounding their genitals tyvm.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    hey man... haterz gonna hate!!

I love Jesus Christ.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    christianity.jpg

OMG I love this!!

Amusing for sure. See, people of faith do actually have a sense of humor.

Not knocking atheism of course. Believe or don't believe whatever you want. Freedom. It's all of ours. Just thought I'd share some similar humor with you. :)

That quote is ironically funny because of how it reflects on the extreme lack of proper education on actual science.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

Actually, atheism is much simpler: it's the lack of belief in god or gods. Nothing to do with science.

This.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

I reported this post.

Then DON'T READ IT. Is this really that difficult to comprehend? No, you're not trying to start controversy at all... *facepalm*

Even if I don't read it, it would still be on here, no?

STAHP. The thread was called Jesus... You knew what it was coming in here.

Y U MAD?
    halftroll.jpg
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.
    I love you, even if God doesn't.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    christianity.jpg

OMG I love this!!

+1. That's so awesome!
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Organised religion is violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism, tribalism, and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children.
    Christopher Hitchens (God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything)

“No amount of belief makes something a fact.” — James Randi
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.

It would be hard for an imaginary man to love anyone, yes?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I reported this post.

It really wasn't f divisive until you made it so. You don't respect this post because you have nothing better to do than flap your gums a "respecting peoples right to believe" just as long as you don't they don't post about it in a section normally used for sexual innuendo, wacky gifs, and stupid thigh gap questions.
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank god I'm an atheist

;)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

I reported this post.

Meh, she doesn't even know how to use their/there in a simple sentence, so I really don't think she gets "it".

Well, the OP spelled "vain" as "vein" and yet you still agree with her post.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Wait, hang on.. God loves everyone.. doesn't he?

Even Fallen Angels.. right???
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

Atheists are just lazy IMO. It's like not even putting a free chip down as the roulette wheel spins...
This discussion has been closed.