Replies

• juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I tried this over the weekend and it tasted more like a banana omelette than a pancake. I did not care for it at all.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    BUMP
  • Lacole216
    Options
    Oooo! bump :drinker:
  • alaina216
    Options
    BUMP!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Lacole216
    Options
    my version of two ingredient pancakes:

2lb-aunt-jemima-pancake-mix-and-pancake-syrup-combo-55-p.jpeg

LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Bump. Will try!
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Storm_Wolf
    Options
    Bump.... these sound delicious and i cannot wait til the bananas are ripe!
  • melodyriddle17
    Options
    I made these today. I changed around the recipie a bit and they turned out PHENOMINAL.

1 medium banana
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon of peanutbutter - I used natural peanutbutter.
    1/8 teaspoon baking powder ( I eyeballed it when I put it in, you don't need much at all!)
    1/2 teaspoon sugar ( with really ripe bananas I bet you could omit this)
    Sprinkle of Salt. ( I literally just shook my shaker once)
    Sprinkle of Cinnemon.

I put this all in a blender until it was very smooth and I used pam on a hot pan and made them like pancakes. They were amazing. I put a little bit more peantbutter on my plate and ate them up. Great idea! I will be doing this often!

Thanks for the variation.

No problem! :D Let me know what you think if you try it! I've made them now 3 times with that recipie.

I think the baking powder really helps bind them and gives it that really pancake like consistancy as well as only using a 1 egg/1 banana ratio will even out the flavor. The peantbutter also binds and gives flavor and the salt is for balance.
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    Options
    have to try this one! thanks ^_^
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have had them but not for a while, but they were so good. I wonder if egg substitute would work and would be less cals...hmmmmm might have something here!!!
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of you follow blogilates on youtube or anything, but the recipe for the two ingredient pancakes has become an absolute favorite of mine and thought I should share.

Two eggs, one banana.
    They are great. Just mash the banana, then add the two eggs and make sure they are well combined (I usually whisk mine together for a few minutes) and then cook them on your skillet like you would with a regular pancake.
    You can eat the entire batch for only 248 calories! They are absolutely delicious, and I even add some cinnamon to mine for extra flavor, but they're also good without!

hmmm, I might try this tonight
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    been having them at least twice a week. Yesterday I added a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder to make chocolate banana pancakes....mm-mmm
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump to try
  • Anaconda62
    Options
    I tried them today for the second time. I always have bananas in the freezer and I used those. Yesterday I used PB and Quaker Oats in the batter. Today, I omitted the PB and just put more oats in, plus walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg. I am really loving this. It can be modified in many different ways. Thanks, OP, for sharing.
  • Mcfatcat
    Options
    I'm going to be trying to mix egg whites with a lot of things now to see how it turns out... XD First stop... oatmeal O.o
  • 2abnorth
    2abnorth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump. Thanks for sharing!
  • becabean
    becabean Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump :)