Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• franniek35
    Options
    I'm so glad to see that Robin is still cheer leading a thread! It's been a long time since I have been here. So please welcome me back as you have in the past. I've moved back to Ohio to help care for my dad since we last spoke. I am jumping on the band wagon of weight loss success tomorrow. Anxious to read through the posts and catch up with all of you wonderful mfp friends!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all my MFP friends this morning, (yawn) early morning that is for me anyway. Have a support group to go to so trying to get on here before I walk Belle and go. Great SV this morning, lost 1.5 lbs:smile: and getting closer to the halfway point. Praise God He has kept me on this journey!!! He and all you good people here who support and motivate me. This time I can actually visualize myself reaching my goal. This is my Saturday success, being able to actual realize success despite physical and emotional bumps in the road, I have been given the strength to do this, because on my own I would have done it years ago if I could have done it on my own will power.

@Frannie, welcome back to this loving, supportive, motivative and safe haven.

Here's praying everyone who isn't feeling well will feel good as new soon, everyone who is feeling low will see the joy and beauty in the world today and that everyone have a wonderful, well-balanced day with healthy food, enough water, plenty of movement, and time for rest and reflection. Will talk to you this evening. Love you all.

Christine
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    grandmakaye - your progress is amazing - so impressed you were able to walk to school when your battery died - bet you impressed yourself as well - really quite a victory, ay?

Laurie - have fun on your Jingle Bell Hayride!

Frannie - its so great to see you back. What a great daughter you are to move to Ohio to care for your dad. It is a decision that will strengthen your character and one you will never regret. I am so proud of you!

M-Chris - congratulations on reaching your halfway mark on your weight loss - you have bypassed me you speedy woman you - I am gloriously jealous and inspired! Keep it up!

Despite the flu I ventured out to the Goodwill yesterday for some retail therapy. I found some colorful ceramic deep dishes to use under my 3 houseplants and strolled out feeling much happier and came home and did some nest fluffing. Love my new things and much better than the coffee can lids I was using. That was my exercise for the day.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Christine~Congrats on nearing your halfway point, you'll be there in no time! Enjoy your day!

@Robin~How great that you were able to get out while battling the flu, hope you are back to 100% soon.

@Frannie~Welcome back!

Saturday Success~I lost 3.4# this week to finally push me over that 100# loss threshold, sure took a long time to get there! Was planning to run outside today, but its actually pretty humid here (and windy), so am heading to the gym instead in just a bit. Got about 6 hours of sleep last night, the most I've had all week - so feeling a bit more "awake" this morning.

Have to meet someone to work on a final project/presentation for my class this afternoon - then off to the grocery store. Have a great Saturday, will check back later...

:heart: Kelley :heart:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I ran across a slow cooker braised turkey breast recipe this morning. It makes 12 servings, but will freeze well. Plan to cook this tomorrow, will let you all know how it turns out in case anyone is interested in the recipe...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi folks--just a quick hello to let you know I'm still here. Super busy weekend--fill you in later. Happy Saturday!! :flowerforyou:
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning to all of you.

Robin: Hope you are feeling well soon. Sounds like shopping didn't get the best of you and you now have new things to make you feel better.:brokenheart: :happy:

Kelley: Always looking for a good slow pot recipe. Hope it turns out delectabe so you would share it with us.

Christine: Congrats on being so close to the halfway point!:flowerforyou: I'm just hoping to get to the "under 200 lbs" point by Jan 1. :laugh: Wish me luck and the Best of Luck back at you!!!:bigsmile:

Frannie: Welcome back!! Everyone is so here.

My Saturday success: My Husband told me this morning that he could sure see that I'm thinning down. That made my day!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Last week, I tried on some clothes that I hadn't been able to were for years and they fit fine. Nice to have a ready-made wardrobe waiting to shrink into. I pulled off 9 pounds this month and that makes me real happy.:drinker:

My husband has just came home and we are going out to our farm. Got to go and get some good walking exercise in (up and down hills and ditches looking after critters) I LOVE IT!! Bye for now.

:heart: June:heart:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @ M Chris - So glad you are feeling better and CONGRATS on being so close to your midway point. That is so amazing!

@Grandma Kaye - You're really kicking surgery butt! It's so great you are progressing so well!

@Robin - Hope you continue to feel better.

Saturday success - I haven't lost anymore weight than getting rid of those Thanksgiving lbs gained BUT I went through my closets and the PILE of clothes I set aside. I got 2 BIG boxes and 4 smaller boxes of old clothes to donate to Goodwill. My ex husband is coming over to pick something up this afternoon I'm sure he'll carry the boxes down to my car for me. I want to get it all out of here before Christmas Vacation because I want to use it on my taxe as a non cash charitable donation. Wrote up a list of everything in the boxes and the orignal full value was around 1400.00 (of course I only get back a fraction of that, but money is money).

I did dig up 3 pairs of old shoes that weren't wide enough and now they fit. I'm a major shoe junkie and I was so excited to be able to wear them again.

Now it's major cleaning in the apartment! Sheets, blankets, couch covers (I'm allergic to my cats so I wash those twice a week), towels, clothes, scrubbing the floors by hand, dusting the window sills/baseboards...... the works. Top to bottom scrubbing!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: In addition to noticing that I had lost weight, my doctor commented on how much more content and "light" my countenance is. It makes me happy that my feeling of success is showing in my face. I feel lighter and happier emotionally.
    I didn't sleep well last night so I am prioritizing my goals for today so I can get the most important done before I run out of steam.
    I am so proud of all of you! Especially those who are nearing or reaching huge milestones, and those who have come back after a long absence. Have a fun weekend. Kaye
  • monarchris
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Christine~Congrats on nearing your halfway point, you'll be there in no time! Enjoy your day!

@Robin~How great that you were able to get out while battling the flu, hope you are back to 100% soon.

@Frannie~Welcome back!

Saturday Success~I lost 3.4# this week to finally push me over that 100# loss threshold, sure took a long time to get there! Was planning to run outside today, but its actually pretty humid here (and windy), so am heading to the gym instead in just a bit. Got about 6 hours of sleep last night, the most I've had all week - so feeling a bit more "awake" this morning.

Have to meet someone to work on a final project/presentation for my class this afternoon - then off to the grocery store. Have a great Saturday, will check back later...

:heart: Kelley :heart:

Kelly, how stupendous is that, I am throwing confetti at you sweetie and doing the happy dance:happy: :happy: :happy: You are awesome!
  • monarchris
    Options
    Saturday success: In addition to noticing that I had lost weight, my doctor commented on how much more content and "light" my countenance is. It makes me happy that my feeling of success is showing in my face. I feel lighter and happier emotionally.
    I didn't sleep well last night so I am prioritizing my goals for today so I can get the most important done before I run out of steam.
    I am so proud of all of you! Especially those who are nearing or reaching huge milestones, and those who have come back after a long absence. Have a fun weekend. Kaye

Kaye, I have had people tell me I look so much more alive now and brighter then before I started. Isn't it fun to get the compliments?
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I got a favorable comment from a relative at a family gathering last night and he got to his goal weight this morning. :drinker: yeah! I got another good night sleep last night and I am glad of that.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone sorry I have been MIA the last couple of days. I am gearing myself up to finish the last of my indoor x-mas decorating today. I got a slow stat as I was having a little pity party this morning. It occured to me that this is going to be my last true x-mas morning with my kids this year. The odds are by nest year they wont be living at home anymore. It feels like the true end to their childhood to me which is so sad:cry: . But I just keep telling myself that we will start building new family trditions and in a few years I will have grandkids and there will be little ones again on x-mas morning. I have been doing really well food wise this week so am hoping to see something good on Monday morning as long as I dont blow it this weekend.I hope all my MFP friends are feeling good and have a great day. I must go be attacked by the garland going on the wall now. Cross your fingers my clumsy butt doesnt fall off the chair, lol. Oh yeah drink up everyone :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • spookytune
    spookytune Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone!

@Christine - congrats on getting closer to your half way point. Keep up the great work!
    @Robin - hope you get well soon!
    @kah68 - congrats on passing the 100# mark this week. Roast turkey sounds tasty.
    @junerbooner - what a wonderful thing that your husband noticed and remarked on how much you're thinning down. Sounds like you are getting great support from him.
    @MyM0wM0w - how great to find things you couldn't wear before and now you can. I hope to be able to do that someday. Keep up the great work!
    @grandmakaye - You're right, being happy makes all the difference in the world and those around you can see the change. I'm so happy for you!
    @AngelikaLumie - isn't great getting when family notices the changes you are making in your life. Congrats to your husband for reaching his goal weight!
    @jtconst - I'm sorry your sad, but just think of all those wonderful family traditions you all will be making in the future. Hope the decorating goes well!

Well, last night I had the worst time sleeping than I've had in a long while. I woke up at least five times. Broken sleep is the hardest for me. Rather get three solid hours than eight broken hours. So, I get up this morning and head out to the M4MM run/walk. I did better than I thought I would. I only finished 2.1 miles out of 3.1, but for someone who spent most of their life sedentary up until this past week I'll take it. Probably could of pushed on, but didn't want to take a chance of getting hurt because my right foot was getting tender. For my first ever official race I'm happy with the result. It's a starting point to improve on with each race in the future. So. I'm counting this as my Saturday success.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    SpookyT - Hey congrats on the race - that's definitely a victory - HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU! :love: :flowerforyou:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Just passing through catching up on all of the posts. I will be back later tonight.

Liz
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.....I am about 5 pgs behind since my last post I have been at the hospital with my BF again. He is okay just isn't taking his meds like he should so he started having chest pains again. Due to high blood pressure, chest pains and poor kidney function they kept him overnight the last 2 nights. I am finally home and ready to sleep in my own bed.
    I will read up on the post but probably won't reply to them due to the amount I am behind.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

@Spooky congrats on the race.
    @kat68. Congratulation on reaching the 100 mark.
    @Robin I hopebyou feel better soon.
    @Christine congrats. On nearing your halfway point.
    @Kaye good attitude makes such a difference in every part of life.
    @MyMOwMOw that is a brest nev finding things you owned couldn't wear but now you can.
    @jtconst sorry you are so sad. I still have a 19yr old at home so not really empty nester but can relate as she is trying to figure out adulthood. But I agree as sad as it is you will have new memories.

Wishing everyone a Goodnight,

Liz
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options

what great victories for you!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Well, I have known that I couldn't hope to continue the huge losses each week, and today reality hit. I only lost .2#. At least it is a loss. I haven't done anything differently, and I have been under goal everyday, so I will just keep on keepin' on. It will come.
    Have a good Sunday.