Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Mostly confidence I guess; don't see I have much to be confident about. I'm also usually the friend or the wing-woman.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Because I'm tired of being lied to/ treated like crap/ cheated on/ etc. Just easier to do my own thing these days.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Because I'm not ready for anything serious and I'm sick of random hook ups, I'm coming out of a bad relationship as well. Plus I also lack confidence as well. Doing that whole learning to love myself before loving someone else deal. It's lonely sometimes but I think it will pay off in the end.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Because I just haven't been able to find a good one yet.
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oops, cross posted, but anyway. I hadn't been putting myself out there much. That is likely the biggest reason. Can't meet anyone if you don;t go out
  • crazyqban24
    Options
    because i like to hookup with as many girls as possible
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Because I'm not ready for anything serious and I'm sick of random hook ups, I'm coming out of a bad relationship as well. Plus I also lack confidence as well. Doing that whole learning to love myself before loving someone else deal. It's lonely sometimes but I think it will pay off in the end.

Hi5 @Someone!!!!
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Because no one has found me yet!! Looky . ... I'm here!!! :drinker:
  • cxzawerf
    cxzawerf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I accept the love I think I deserve. So, there is a serious lack of love in my life.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Because eventually the roofies wear off. :ohwell:
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Im not happy with myself and I feel like I need to be happy with myself before I can be happy together with someone. if that makes sense? I haven't been too aggressive in the dating area because of that. just working on self improvement.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Cause I'm old, homely and bitter...
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Because being single is a gift! I have big plans to see and change the world, and I deserve to do so selfishly. The right guy will come my way, but I intend to live my life for me in the meantime :)

i only WISH i could say i was as smart and confident as you seem to be - - when i was your age!
    good for you!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple for me. No confidence around girls. I've always been the funny fat guy or "the friend."

oh no...not "the friend zone"... here I got a song for you...'be yourself, be yourself"...courtesy of the movie "Just Friends" sang by Chris Branders Mom.
  • TouchDownJesus
    Options
    Because eventually the roofies wear off. :ohwell:

:laugh: :drinker:
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cause I'm old, homely and bitter....but my cats like me (probably cause I feed em).

My cats as well only like me because I feed them
  • willyc17
    Options
    Damn lots of good responses.

I'm from a really small town so I'm pretty shy/awkward around girls. I don't put myself out there either. Wish I was more outgoing!
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    because i am shy/ and the transformation isnt done yet.
  • adornedelle
    Options
    Because I'm too focused on my career and I'm anti-drama.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm in a time of transitioning out of college and into my next phase of life. This is my last quarter on campus, then I'm going to DC for an internship, then coming back to my college town for 6 months, then on to grad school (hopefully!). That's WAY too much moving around for a stable relationship

It's been really hard because there's a guy here who I care about and would love to be in a relationship with under other circumstances. I hope I'm making the right decision by not getting involved with him. Part of it is to focus on my future, and part of it is because I'm flat out scared to potentially have to go thru a breakup because of distance again.