5'5- 5'6 women weight goal

Options
1235»

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    most of the women I have dated are around 5'6" and they always looked great at 125
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how different our bodies distributes weight. One person can have a goal of 135 and wear size 4, and here I am at 133, and I feel like my size 4s are cutting into me and I'm hoping I won't pop a button while out in public. Lol! I say there really isn't a magic number, just a range and go by how clothes are fitting you, or how you feel :) I know many muscular women who weigh what I do and look thinner and healthier. Thus when I reach my goal weight and start in on the heavy lifting, I'm pretty much kicking the scale to the curb cause I think I trust myself enough to know this is a lifestyle change and what I need to do to be the healthiest and strongest I can be :)
  • shiatsupeg
    Options
    Focus less on your weight and more on the kinds of foods you are eating and exercise by doing whatever you enjoy.
    Food should be simple and real, not packaged or processed. learn to buy only real food, flavor with olive oil and spices and herbs, and you keep your focus on loving and caring for yourself. It's the best "diet" plan of all.
  • Squeekycat
    Options
    I'm 5'6"

CW: 108lbs
    GW: 105lbs
    UGW: 100lbs

:3
  • psyche3090
    psyche3090 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 5 and my highest was 310, a little over a year ago..... now I'm somewhere around 199.... I'm 22, and honestly don't think I've been under 200 since like.... 7th grade, if not significantly before. My husband lost over 100 pounds before joining the navy, so he knows how excited AND IMPATIENT one can get while losing. A few weeks ago he got so fed up with me weighing myself at all hours of the day, after meals, and getting upset, that he hid the scale, and won't let me see it for "a long time."
    -He's right though: I'm doing everything right, and still seeing results.... inches are dropping faster than pounds, and SALT intake can make pounds difference one day to the next. At first I figured I would be happy forever if I could just get to 150.... but why let a certain weight dictate how I see my success? I'm just going to keep eating well and exercising and see where I can get, (healthfully- of course.)
  • jryepin
    jryepin Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and a half and I weigh around 198. My goal weigh would be around 160.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and have weighed every where from <90 to >186 at this height with a variety of body fat percentages. My "goal" was 140, but once I got back into my storage pants (mostly size 6 jeans and size 8 slacks), I've stopped weighing and focused on how they fit.
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I have looked the best at 135-140 as long as I am lean. My boyfriend doesn't think I need to weigh any less than 160! He's afraid I'm going to lose my curves, lol. Soooo my goal is 160 and I will reevaluate at that point....pretty sure Im going to want to lose more though! Btw, my highest weight was 221 and i am currently weighing 212.
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how different our bodies distributes weight. One person can have a goal of 135 and wear size 4, and here I am at 133, and I feel like my size 4s are cutting into me and I'm hoping I won't pop a button while out in public. Lol! I say there really isn't a magic number, just a range and go by how clothes are fitting you, or how you feel :) I know many muscular women who weigh what I do and look thinner and healthier. Thus when I reach my goal weight and start in on the heavy lifting, I'm pretty much kicking the scale to the curb cause I think I trust myself enough to know this is a lifestyle change and what I need to do to be the healthiest and strongest I can be :)
    [/quoteI'm the same way, when I was 125 I could "stuff" myself into a four but it wasn't comfy and didn't look good. And this was in high school when I was very lean and worked out all the time.
  • melodymist
    melodymist Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my lowest was 132. I'm now 140 but honestly I felt much more comfortable at 132. I didn't think I was healthy back then but my oh my, was I wrong.
  • Loula124
    Loula124 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and was always very slim in my teens and 20s, had two kids and went up to my highest weight of 10 st 5 (145lbs) - still healthy BMI but felt flabby and not like me. (I'm 36 now). I've recently started intermittent fasting / 5:2 diet and am finding it's working really well for me. I've lost 12lbs in 3 months which I'm hoping is slow and sustainable. So I'm currently 9st 7 (133lbs) and would like to get down to 9st (126lbs) or thereabouts. I have wider hips than I used to, but still a pretty small frame - skinny wrists etc.

I don't know how to add people but I would like some friends on here if anyone is doing similar.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and hoping for 150. I will see how I feel when I get there, or close to it. My current is 201.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and currently weigh 144. When I started, at 215 I wanted a goal of 140. That currently puts me at a 34% BF. I would like to get down to a 25% BF. I am guessing that I need to drop down to about 125 to 130 and then build more LBM for that to happen. I think weight is not necessarily the best gauge. BF% seems to make more sense to me the more I learn of fitness.
  • mclarkin75
    mclarkin75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    SW:240ish size: 24 Sept 2012
    CW: 214 size: 18-20 today
    GW:160 Size: 10-12 April2013(?)
    Lowest adult weight: 145(Cancer and looked very sickly thin for my build) Size: 10 January 2007

My adult smallest size was a 10. If I weigh anything less than 150lbs I look horrible. I think that different body types hold weight differently. I want to be healthy. I looked my best at 160.
  • susanhardt
    susanhardt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height. Right now, I weigh 140 and I feel overweight. I'm 50 and have gained 8 pounds in the last two years (don't worry, you have another 25-30 years before you have to worry about that!) When I was younger, I think 125-130 would be a good weight. It depends how much you work out and how much muscle weight you have. I would go by how you feel in your jeans. Good luck. Susan:laugh:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I used to be 135. LOVED myself at that weight. So looking to get back at that weight.
  • samgray86
    samgray86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Its interesting to see all of the different sizes. I am a little over 5'6'' and weigh 180 but I am in a size 10. My doctor said I have heavy thick bones and I am naturally muscular and cant imagine how I could ever weigh 130, My goal is 150, but I guess I'll see when I get there.