Sugar is not your friend part 2

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I do believe we made the correlation before between belly fat and sugar, some of us (like me) ignore that fact occassionally. :ohwell:
    Ignore what fact?

I like to pretend sugar won't make my tummy blow up like a balloon. That fact.

Denial. Stupidity. It wears many names.

I know, Lori, dear-- I was still playing up the "short term memory" loss joke--

If the audience doesn't get it-- guess it's not funny--

Stand up comedy 101--

:wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

I do believe we made the correlation before between belly fat and sugar, some of us (like me) ignore that fact occassionally. :ohwell:
    Ignore what fact?

I got it. :wink:

Stand up comedy 101--

I got it. Wait, what?:wink:

Also, back to zero within my calories and portion controlled, but still, back to zero.:ohwell:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options

Ignore what fact?

Stand up comedy 101--

Also, back to zero within my calories and portion controlled, but still, back to zero.:ohwell:

Whoooosh! That was the sound of your short term memory joke going right past me. Glad somebody picked it up. :laugh:
  • tamarads
    tamarads Posts: 55
    Options

Ignore what fact?

Stand up comedy 101--

Whoooosh! That was the sound of your short term memory joke going right past me. Glad somebody picked it up. :laugh:

That's okay Lori, we'll take care of the sarcasm, you just watch our backs for that short term memory thing! :happy:
  • Marla64
    Options

Ignore what fact?

Stand up comedy 101--

That's okay Lori, we'll take care of the sarcasm, you just watch our backs for that short term memory thing! :happy:

what short term memory thing?

(okay-- I'm done now-- really)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options

Ignore what fact?

Stand up comedy 101--

Done with what?

Where is that "sugar" thread, anyway? Anyone seen it go by here?
  • 72lori
    Options

Ignore what fact?

Stand up comedy 101--

Done with what?

Where is that "sugar" thread, anyway? Anyone seen it go by here?

What sugar thread?
  • Marla64
    Options
    I love you guys--

you make me laugh.

Great sweets free week here in New Jersey-- belly already responding-- amazing stuff. Feeling very strong.

Have a great weekend.
  • 72lori
    Options
    I love you guys--

you make me laugh.

Great sweets free week here in New Jersey-- belly already responding-- amazing stuff. Feeling very strong.

Have a great weekend.

My tummy is looking better already too, after only 5 days. I did have one 'small incident' last night, need to change my sweets counter in my signature. :ohwell:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Bunnies don't lay chocolate eggs.

People, bunnies don't lay eggs, okay? There is no Santa Claus and Sugar is not your Valentine. nanner nanner.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

People, bunnies don't lay eggs, okay? There is no Santa Claus and Sugar is not your Valentine. nanner nanner.

The truth hurts, dangit.

Speaking of the truth (or at least one version of it) hurting. I went for my "assessment" at my new gym. According to their super fancified scale my um...assessment needs to lose 18 more pounds, not 10, to be ideal. Thicker than I thought. Boo to it.

This success story doesn't feel like it right now. Stupid fancified scale.

Sugar can still suck it, though.
  • cmriverside
    Options

The truth hurts, dangit.

Speaking of the truth (or at least one version of it) hurting. I went for my "assessment" at my new gym. According to their super fancified scale my um...assessment needs to lose 18 more pounds, not 10, to be ideal. Thicker than I thought. Boo to it.

Didn't you say you could bounce a quarter off your assessement? Was it the spinning classes that did that?

Yet another :devil:Spawn Scale story. And I was thinking of buying a scale.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

The truth hurts, dangit.

Didn't you say you could bounce a quarter off your assessement? Was it the spinning classes that did that?

My assessment is fine...it's gutly and her brothers the thighs that have the main issues. I tend to distribute my fat in a gentle slathering all over my body, covering up the muscles I work so hard for.

Also, it didn't help that the lady doing the assessment sort of was not on the same page as me. "Is there an occasion coming up that you'd like to fit into a specific dress size for?" To which I replied, "Honey, life is an occasion. I just want to feel good." Our philosophies, they clashed.
  • Marla64
    Options

The truth hurts, dangit.

My assessment is fine...it's gutly and her brothers the thighs that have the main issues. I tend to distribute my fat in a gentle slathering all over my body, covering up the muscles I work so hard for.

Also, it didn't help that the lady doing the assessment sort of was not on the same page as me. "Is there an occasion coming up that you'd like to fit into a specific dress size for?" To which I replied, "Honey, life is an occasion. I just want to feel good." Our philosophies, they clashed.

What an incredibly stupid question-- and what an awesome answer. So many people don't get it. Staggering that even those in the fitness realm often don't.
  • 72lori
    Options

What an incredibly stupid question-- and what an awesome answer. So many people don't get it. Staggering that even those in the fitness realm often don't.

I think so often those in the fitness industry only see people who are there to fit into a dress or to look good on vacation. Sad.
  • Marla64
    Options
    yes, I think you're right-- vacations, reunions, weddings-- all the reasons we lose weight-- I'm sure they don't hear Viv's answer very often-- "Life."

Staying very strong with the sugar-- had chocolate all around me today with my kids' Easter festivities of this day-- feeling strong like I did in the beginning of this journey, which excites me.

Love seeing belly results, too-- maybe I'll get the clue this time and not fall so hard into the ooey-gooeys again--

Hope all are well.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. The sugar demon won! I'm trying to claw my way back. HELP!!! I'm done. Now. No more!!

Way to go - Life. That's the best occassion of all. :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I'm joining viviakay's gym when she gets it open. You guys have to go read her latest blog.

( If I can open a branch/franchise in Florida. Or the Cayman Islands.....)

I fought the urge for bad sugar last night and won. But I had to stay realllllllly busy for a couple hours.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Cheryl-- way to hang tough, my friend-- you make me proud.

I baked a cake for company today-- stayed away from it.

I just love when it clicks, ladies. Not sure why some days you couldn't pay me enough to eat the crap, and then you can't keep me away from it on other days-- I know it's bad for me. I never truly "want" it, yet just "have" to have it-- I hate that.

But, here's to strength when it's here-- and makin' the most of it.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Sugar Monday, sugar last night. dagnabit. Boo to it.

No sugar today, no sugar tomorrow.

No, I mean it this time. NO sugar.