Why women don't date fat guys?

Options

Replies

• frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6'4" and weighs around 22 stone, 308lbs, but he kinda... holds it well. He used to play alot of physical sports, rugby cricket and hockey (mainly rugby), so he's got a muscular frame but he's let himself go. The thing is his height balances out his weight.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Same reason guys don't date fat/overweight chicks. The city I live in has the biggest double standard I have ever seen. Girls are expected to be a size 2 at the biggest but yet every guy can walk around with his beer belly and no muscles.

However, I personally have nothing against a guy who is overweight, I personally don't find myself attracted to guys who are bigger, in general, even too muscular is too much for me. However, I have plenty of friends who are thin who are with guys that would be considered big/fat. It ultimately comes down to personal preference. I think even if I started dating someone who was bigger I would probably end up getting fed up because of lifestyle differences if they are unhealthy and inactive. I like to eat healthy and workout and I would like to date someone who enjoys being active as well as eating healthy, they don't have to be ripped with 6-pack, but I want someone who enjoys similar things to me, and I enjoy beiing active.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I beg to differ. I was married to one. I was attracted to his personality. Guess I am just not shallow..
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

Honestly I dont like being on top, I have big boobs so it just does not work.

Edit* I mean 400+ guys
  • SylentZee
    Options
    the same can be easily said about males not dating "fat girls". If they aren't attracted to it then why would they date them? People have different attractions, may it be a persons physical appearance or their personality. Some are shallow and go for looks, others look passed that and see the person for who they are.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

lmfao... Ummm... You being on top is NOT the only way to do it just because he's big. FYI...
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lofgk4tBCa1qji1qbo1_500.gif
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a big guy. While I find him adorable, my reason for loving him has nothing to do with his appearance. He is extremely charismatic. When you talk to him, you are the only person in the room, you have his full attention (he does this to everyone, not just me!). He's playful when appropriate, and serious when needed. He listens to me without trying to fix anything unless I ask. He texts me in the middle of the day to tell me he's thinking of me. He doesn't let me put myself down. He loves my smile, so tries to make me do it often. And he doesn't care how much I weigh, as long as I'm happy. And if I'm not happy, he supports me in my efforts to be healthier.

Of course, I try to do the same for him. And we've been together for over 20 years.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    Maybe it's just the area I live in but I'm much more likely to see a skinny woman with a fat man than a skinny man with a fat woman.

So why don't men date fat woman? :P

because of social media / rappers / victoria secrets lol
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    To most, being obese isn't attratcive. Let's not beat around the bush, eh.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

lmfao... Ummm... You being on top is NOT the only way to do it just because he's big. FYI...

He rained sweat on me during missionary, it was the only way.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, that's gross. Thankfully mine has an active job, so this isn't an issue. Seriously, thank God... I've had that before froma guy who was just overweight and it was the biggest turn off. Yuck...
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    this reminded me about that commercial of the model saying shes dating a french guy and then he shows up and hes a heavy set guy pretending to be french.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

well, didn't you paint quite the visual.....
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting thread, as a fat dude. At my heaviest I was over 350, but married. Now I'm 230 and separated while waiting for divorce proceedings and I realize the biggest issue is confidence and making yourself available.

People keep telling me how great I look now but all I do is work, goof around online, hang out with my kids on the weekends, and weight-loss related stuff. None of those are really activities where I'll meet a lady, so I've gotta be content for now.

Make yourself available, homeboy. It's the only way.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Bc sometimes there is the upper area of fat that hides there dingdong.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    [/quote]

I have had skinny men do this ..... it not just cause they are fat. js
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I will date fat guys! I won't date obese men. Why? Because I would spend the majority of my time worrying about their health and well being. >.< Not cool.
  • mistadj
    mistadj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I should have came here a few months ago because in reality...seem like most women just seem to go for the guys with the muscle mass. Although i have to say....most of the answers on here seem typical since most of the ppl had weight issues and working through them...so i think women who were bigger...or know how it is to deal with weight, tend to not let a man size get to them....They can always work out together so i think thats a good thing.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm guessing it's the same reasons I don't date fat girls.

Health, attractiveness, motivation.