Why women don't date fat guys?

Options

Replies

• ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

I don't mind. Heart (character) is important, not size. If i want to shape his body, i will help and support him...and continue dating. Because size is temporary which can be changed BUT character is permanent. =)
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's an evolutionary instinct for females to prefer mates who appear stronger/ healthier to take care of their offsprings.

This
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I prefer dating heavier set guys. A big cuddly teddy bear is what I'm looking for. Not saying that this is true with EVERYONE, but my experience has been, when a guy is severely overweight some of them do not take care of themselves. I like my guy to care a little bit about his appearance. Dress nice (more or less I mean match....lol or dress for the occasion, no basketball shorts at a 5 star restaurant), shave, shower etc.

And I agree it's a confidence thing. Women like to be approached. I don't like doing all the work.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is fat(ish).
  • FauxNinja
    Options
    When you have a valuable tool, you build a shed over it.
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    They don't?
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My take on it is at 307 i felt and was monsterously huge and had no self esteem.

Honestly, this has been the biggest turn-off I've had with bigger dudes I've dated. I had no problem with their bodies. THEY did.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'd personally rather have a slightly bigger guy than a scrawny one. It's all a matter of preference! Some girls will date fat guys, and vice versa. Though I don't know many people who like obese, just because that is seriously unhealthy and people are attracted to mates that are healthier naturally. For women, it's more about personality. If you can woo us with that, and take care of yourself (like you know, put some effort into your appearance when going out, clean your apt, etc) that's usually what we're looking for. And a great smile!
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Fat is unattractive and unhealthy, that's why we're all here isn't it?

^^^This!
  • EEpling89
    Options
    I like fat guys lol. I mean, guys who have the "funny fat guy" personality. They're so much fun! :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    girls DO date big guys. i feel like its more common to see a skinny girl with a fat guy than a fat girl with a skinny guy

Yeah, its all just generalizing but I find this to be true more often in younger people. In older couples I see the women being chubbier. Probably because as women age weight control is harder than for men, and possibly because younger men are more shallow than older men.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't like this question

I second this. It's like asking "why do men only like big boobs and women who make sandwiches?". Um... they don't.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    It's all relative - some women don't like fat guys; some men don't like fat women - on the flip side, some do
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I second this. It's like asking "why do men only like big boobs and women who make sandwiches?". Um... they don't.

Boobs and a sammich...yum haha

I am out in the dating world again and I haven't had trouble meeting anyone. Just be yourself smile and treat women right, they will see more in you then the dude in his one size too small Affliction shirt.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Honest answer? It's not attractive. Most women want to be with someone they're attracted to and most women find fat guys to be unattractive. Sorry, but it's true. Not all women feel this way, but a good amount do.

I'm female, and I disagree with this statement. Like one of the other ladies on here, I want someone who can keep up with me. In most cases, someone who is really, really obese cannot keep up with me. The other thing is self-esteem/confidence; I don't want to hear "how can you possibly like/love me when I'm this big?" Again, this is case-by-case basis - I had a friend who was only about five feet tall and probably more than 300 pounds, and didn't have any negative thoughts about herself for being overweight. Not a dating situation, but she respected herself, which was something I really looked up to her for at the time. Overweight doesn't mean repulsive -- in fact, I think some people are cuter when they're a little chunky. It's about how you approach it. My suggestion is that, instead of making assumptions, you go strike up a conversation with this chick!
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Really big guys and good sex usually don't mix. Irondame was right about peen size being smaller surrounded by fat. Nothing ruins the mood like having to stop and take a break because you're out of breath or tired. There is only so much weight a woman can bear.

That is the bad stuff. Good stuff: If you want to get chicks if youre a chubby guy. 1. make them laugh-but not at you. 2. make them feel good about themselves. 3. smell good. 4. be openminded about the type of chick youre after 5. get good at sex-or at least have a specialty. :wink:
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i actually like man man with a bit more meat like not 300+ fat but yea
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As a heavy set guy, I would agree with this statement. I started dating my wife in high school at 185lbs. We have been together 12 years (married for 4 years) and about 6 months ago I weighed 284lbs. In that time I noticed we had grown apart in some ways. She did not feel the attraction she did when I was "ripped". I have lost weight and I am down to 244lbs. now. There has definitely been a renewal of our attraction for each other. I think guys are probably just as guilty as women when it comes to the same question.
    Because some women aren't attracted to them? I dated a "fat" guy briefly, mostly cause he was always there for me. In the end, there was just no attraction. I can't help what I'm attracted to and in most cases it's not "fat" guys. & I think that attraction is a critical component in a relationship. The whole "looks don't matter, it's the inside that counts" is bogus. If you're with someone, it's because one SOME level you find yourself ATTRACTED to them.

ETA: Not saying that what's on the inside DOESN'T matter, just that it's not the ONLY thing that matters.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I like my men a little squishy :)
    Its nice to have them as soft as a teddy bear when your snuggling and not a hard rock :blushing:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    It's an evolutionary instinct for females to prefer mates who appear stronger/ healthier to take care of their offsprings.

This.