Sabotage!!

Options

Replies

• BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
    Yes!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/807426-i-ve-had-it?hl=dunaway&page=1#posts-12074265
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    well if 45 is elderly... i may have to go visit the carver for my headstone and start picking out what it should say... Maybe something like...HERE LIES LYNNETTE... THE KICK BEAST KICK *kitten* MOM AND PERSONAL TRAINER AND FRIEND WE HAD THE PLEASURE OF KNOWING FOR A WHOLE 44 YEARS...MAY HER OLD AND RICKETY BONES R I P!!!!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I think some people are just evil and they will try to entice you with goodies, just to see if you'll cave and eat one. I have a pretty good will power, when I cave it's not because of that particular evil person, but it's because I'm having an off day.

If she sends you anymore, send that crap back!!! :)
  • jwarren575
    jwarren575 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree. My husband is really bad about telling me how "ok" it is for me to have this or to have that. The bottom line is that HE wants what he shouldn't have so he thinks that if he encourages me to cheat, then I don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to telling him what he should or should not eat (he is a diabetic and incredibly obstinate). I blamed my failure with food on him for the longest time. My weaknesses are things that I have had to learn to control. Now when he says "let's go get ice cream" I am able to tell him, either "no" or "wish you had told me earlier, I didn't plan for it in my day." I love him and he wants me to be healthy, but, in his mind, that means HE has to be healthy.

No one can make you feel or do anything you do not want to do.
  • jwarren575
    jwarren575 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh my God,
    it's a mirage,
    I'm tellin' ya'll...

(ETA: Sorry, OP, I don't have anything productive to add...it's just that when I see that thread title, I think of this.)

**************** Ha!! I laughed. I'm no better!****************
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    well if 45 is elderly... i may have to go visit the carver for my headstone and start picking out what it should say... Maybe something like...HERE LIES LYNNETTE... THE KICK BEAST KICK *kitten* MOM AND PERSONAL TRAINER AND FRIEND WE HAD THE PLEASURE OF KNOWING FOR A WHOLE 44 YEARS...MAY HER OLD AND RICKETY BONES R I P!!!!

Don't make her angry...you wouldn't like it!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    All you damn kids...get off my lawn!

LOL!! I was going to write that!! :laugh:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    OP, to be honest, I am my worst saboteur. And if we are truly honest with ourselves, we will find that to be the case every time.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    This guy is kind of a doofus, but I think his quote from another thread applies here:
    I've been out of work for a month and the office caterers don't visit the house. Funny this is, I've been eating a lot of crap and not exercising very much.

I know that the simple solution is that the problem is not my environment, but the choices I make. I know if I work hard enough, I can come up with some explanations for my choices that will garner support from the forum, and help me focus on some external issue to blame.

Problem is, I'm quite lazy. So I'm stuck with facing the truth of my situation: what I eat, what I do ends up being a result of what I put in my mouth and what actions I take. My environment has as much influence on those decisions as I allow.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This guy is kind of a doofus, but I think his quote from another thread applies here:
    I've been out of work for a month and the office caterers don't visit the house. Funny this is, I've been eating a lot of crap and not exercising very much.

I know that the simple solution is that the problem is not my environment, but the choices I make. I know if I work hard enough, I can come up with some explanations for my choices that will garner support from the forum, and help me focus on some external issue to blame.

Problem is, I'm quite lazy. So I'm stuck with facing the truth of my situation: what I eat, what I do ends up being a result of what I put in my mouth and what actions I take. My environment has as much influence on those decisions as I allow.

I like what you did there.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i'm 45 and i can't read this thread without my bifocals.

also, you darned kids get off my lawn!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    excuses, excuses.

stop making excuses and start making progress.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping your soccer ball.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    @ShreddedTweet:
    Wow, thank you so much for the judgement. AS for elderly, I meant shes not in her 20s. She celebrated her 45th recently. She has managed to give her husband and one of her kids high cholesterol and sugar. She has plenty of people always around to feed and give obesity to.
    Not so much the sweet elderly lady you're imagining but an in control rich woman who will not stop over feeding people.

Can someone please hand me my walker? I've misplaced my spectacles and can't see where I left it.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    We need a "SHOW me your elderly hot bodies" thread.

Heh

Oh, now you had better watch out...she will smoke all you young softies out there!:love::love:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Heh

Oh, now you had better watch out...she will smoke all you young softies out there!:love::love:

OH:blushing:

*CAREFUL I am drinking rum...you may get what you wish for.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I guess I didn't know that I was a lazy, excuse making person until I read this thread. I DO think that people sabotage, and the way I avoid it is to avoid them or the situation. I was under the impression that this was taking control and stopping the excuses, but I see that I am wrong. I guess I just have to own up to that, because if I had a bunch of junk sitting in front of me, or 74 cookies, or whatever, I would eat it. I make sure I don't get in that situation, and I've lost 87 lbs. I've never had anyone tell me I was bad or lazy for doing it this way until I read it here! So, OP, good luck from one lazy person to another.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    aww, us geezers have chased skvenus off MFP. She deactivated. Very thin skin.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm awful too..if there is something around I will eat it, and eat it till it's gone,,so I just have anything in the house....now at work, every FRIDAY someone goes for donuts....and brings back about 3 doz...I used to go get 1, then 2, then 3...now I just don't go into the kitchen...I used to donate to the fund, then Feel like I deserved my fair share....now I just ignore eveyone when they say "the donuts are here, go get one Barbara." and I don't donate anymore either, bacause that made me feel like I deserved to partake.....
  • buchbrun64
    Options

We so do! I am 48 and don't feel elderly. : ) I work out daily. I was at the gym this past week and the trainer at LAF told me, "I was watching all these women walk in to do Zumba classes and then I saw you walk in and thought, they should just weight train, you don't jiggle." So, even at the elderly age of 48, I can and will improve and strive to be the best me I can be. By the way, nothing against Zumba!!!! I love weight training and know that at my advanced age it is the only way I will get the results I want/need.
    M