good job this week ladies! <3
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Had my best weigh in, I think ever, this weekend:

LW: 154.8
    CW: 152.0

Down 2.8 lbs! WOOOHOOO!!!

i will be doing up the results later this afternoon.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone who lost this week! I lost some, but still not under 195, so I'm not even gonna bother putting it down. I'm confident that I should have a good loss next week, I've been working hard this past week and I plan on keeping it up!

Awesome job, Kandy! I know exactly how it feels to be right there at the 100s. You can do it!!!

Thank you, sweetie!!! I'm really excited!! I actually thought of you when I was posting this week! :happy: You are a real encouragement to me whether you know it or not!! You will get under 195!! You CAN DO IT!!

Thank you! It really means a lot when someone says that! You're also an encouragement! :smile:

I really need to do good this week because I record all my measurements and have the dreaded picture taking (in my bikini so I can see how far I've come..) at the beginning of each month. I'm going to do my best so I can show a good loss for the month of March. Maybe eating well this past week and the rest of the coming one will show up for me Thursday.

Also, congrats to all who lost this week! :drinker: I'm determined to show a loss next weekend, so watch out! lol :wink:
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    hi ladies. here is a few of my before and after pictures.
    226lbs. 2008
    673063-R1-23-23_024.jpg
    185.6lbs. 2009
    011_11.jpg
    175.something march 2010
    PIC_0291.jpg

still have more to lose.
  • sjmay
    Options
    porterbaby - amazing pictures! Your hard work is definitely paying off!

Welcome to our newest members this week! I love that people are still joining!

I'm making a personal challenge for myself for all the weeks to come. I NEED to be more active in the forum. I have been finding that I have been busy through the week, and I just don't get the time to post, but I really need to make time. You guys really are such a wonderful support system and I want to thank you so much for that. You truly are the people that give me the motivation and encouragement to continue on with my journey. :flowerforyou:

Onto the results:

AmandaB4588 - 1.01%
    drvork - 2.01%
    hopeandfaith24 - 3.53%
    isotope - 1.17%
    kandyjo - 0.30%
    porterbaby - 1.04%
    savvystephy - 0.74%
    sjmay - 1.81%
    Steph_135 - 0.52%

Another wonderful week ladies!!! Congratulation hopeandfaith24 - can't wait to hear the new challenge for this week!

Good luck everyone!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    @porterbaby - great pics - you can really see the difference. Congrats!

Congrats to all who lost this week - some great numbers. This really is helping me not to give up - seeing the successes. In fact, I'm going to go print out a free trial membership to a new gym that is walking distance from my home. My husband and I share a car, so it is hard for me to get to the gym sometimes. I'm hoping this will help me be more active. Plus, it is Spring and the weather is slowly getting better. If my knee continues to hold out, perhaps I'll be running outside again in a couple of weeks!

I'm going to a friend's wedding in two weeks and I'm really disappointed that I'm still up 5 lbs from the end of last year. BUT - I'm trying hard not to let it get me down. I keep thinking "If only I'd not fallen off the wagon" OR "If only I'd not let my injury be an excuse to do NO exercise" or - well, you get the picture. Gotta just let it go (it is practically my mantra).
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Porterbaby - I love the pictures! You can totally see a difference! :smile:

Congrats hopeandfaith on the win this week! Can't wait for the challenge.

Congrats to everyone who lost! Good luck next Saturday (I won't be here) but I will see you in a week and a half. :smile:
  • hopeandfaith24
    Options
    congrats on this week girls. gain or lose you still tried and that's all that matters :) i can't believe i actually won this week.. i never usually win anything :) keep up the good work!

challenge: try and drink 8 glasses of water a day. it may seem like a lot but if you have one when you first wake up and some throughout the day it's really not. you can also buy the flavored stuff at the store, and some have zero calories so it's just like drinking regular water. drinking 8 glasses of water helps flush out your system of all the bad stuff in your body. and if you drink the poland springs water bottles or water bottles similar to that.. one water bottle = two glasses of water! just try it :)

also try and go for a small daily walk. even 5 minutes. get outside in the nice refreshing air. it helps relax you and it's an easy way to exercise.

good luck this week girls! <3
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Nice pics porterbaby. I can really tell a difference!

hopeandfaith - congrats on winning this week and great challenge. Sometimes we can forget just how important drinking water is!
  • sjmay
    Options
    @porterbaby - great pics - you can really see the difference. Congrats!

Congrats to all who lost this week - some great numbers. This really is helping me not to give up - seeing the successes. In fact, I'm going to go print out a free trial membership to a new gym that is walking distance from my home. My husband and I share a car, so it is hard for me to get to the gym sometimes. I'm hoping this will help me be more active. Plus, it is Spring and the weather is slowly getting better. If my knee continues to hold out, perhaps I'll be running outside again in a couple of weeks!

I'm going to a friend's wedding in two weeks and I'm really disappointed that I'm still up 5 lbs from the end of last year. BUT - I'm trying hard not to let it get me down. I keep thinking "If only I'd not fallen off the wagon" OR "If only I'd not let my injury be an excuse to do NO exercise" or - well, you get the picture. Gotta just let it go (it is practically my mantra).

Hang in there sweetie - I know that you can do it! Just please, don't be so hard on yourself. ( I know this is something a lot of us do, myself included) Remember this is life, nothing is perfect. Just jump back on the wagon and don't look back, you can't change the past, only the present and future.

I'm rooting for ya, girl! :flowerforyou:
  • sjmay
    Options
    savvystephy - Have a GREAT vacation!!!

hopeandfaith - Great challenge. I've been really focusing on water lately and I think that it has really helped with my weight loss. I'm not near as hungry and I just feel much better in general. I like the idea of getting outside for at least 5 minutes a day. You're right, fresh air can be so refreshing & relaxing.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    great challenge hopeandfaith.
    steph: have a wonderful vacation, enjoy yourself.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congrats on winning this week hopeandfaith! Great challenge as well, luckily I like water so I always get my 8 glasses in plus some. Looking forward to getting outside as well the treadmill get's very boring.

Congrats to everyone else on all your losses as well, everyone did great this week!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and thanks hopeandfaith! :happy: I find that if I drink some water in the mornings, then I'm good all day and get 8 glasses, but if I miss out in the mornings, I never catch back up at the end of the day.

Great job everyone! Keep working hard!
  • mylittlescreamer
    Options
    1) look at your current wardrobe and get rid of anything that is too big for you and that is no longer "you".

I’m having so much fun with this challenge!

2) Go out and do some shopping and buy yourself a nice top or some new jeans, etc. Or at the very least, try on some new clothes. Try on a size smaller and you may actually be surprised at how it ''fits". It'll be great for motivation too!

Awesome, I had to do this anyway :)

Thanks
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Great challenge! I am usually pretty good with my water but it's fun having this as a big reminder to get it all in.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    congrats on this week girls. gain or lose you still tried and that's all that matters :) i can't believe i actually won this week.. i never usually win anything :) keep up the good work!

challenge: try and drink 8 glasses of water a day. it may seem like a lot but if you have one when you first wake up and some throughout the day it's really not. you can also buy the flavored stuff at the store, and some have zero calories so it's just like drinking regular water. drinking 8 glasses of water helps flush out your system of all the bad stuff in your body. and if you drink the poland springs water bottles or water bottles similar to that.. one water bottle = two glasses of water! just try it :)

also try and go for a small daily walk. even 5 minutes. get outside in the nice refreshing air. it helps relax you and it's an easy way to exercise.

good luck this week girls! <3

Great challenge! Thanks! I always have trouble with getting my water in.

Porterbaby, you look awesome!! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing your photos, very inspiring :)
  • sjmay
    Options
    How did everyone do with their water yesterday? I did good, but today I haven't had near as much as I should have by now.

Have a good day! :flowerforyou:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I did good with my water yesterday. I actually had 13 glasses. I try to drink at least 6 first thing in the morning and some here and there throughout the rest of the day. It was beautiful here yesterday in Yuma Arizona, the high was 90. I took the girls for a walk yesterday and am heading out in just a little bit for another walk today. So far I'm doing good with the challenges. I hope everyone else is doing good!
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I got most of my water in yesterday. I know I'll be getting it all in today, already over half way done! :drinker: I always have a hard time drinking it in the mornings because I'm stuck in class. I hate having to pee so much!! But that's just a part of it I guess. lol