Why women don't date fat guys?

Options

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I am more attracted to slim guys with lean muscle. Just never found big guys attractive, probably because I have never been too big.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    uh... fear of becoming a pancake?

Seriously though, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I'm always judgemental about guys that know that they look good. Those guys immediately get the cold shoulder because if you're that slick with me, you'll be that slick with a bazillion other girls. It's probably not fair for those hypothetical few who are actually really insecure inside but you know, so am I and I don't want to get hurt by some Don Juan.

In fact the way I met my fiancé is online. On a book website. He happens to be really tall and really skinny, but he's working on gaining weight. Not because of anything we've discussed but because he has problems finding clothes that fit. and his whole life people have been saying "just wait until you're so-and-so old..." well, he is, and his metabolism is still really fast so now he's decided to take control. In the mean while, I love his body type because I love him and that's his body.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Um - women don't date me because my wife is scary?
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i do. if he is rich.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Um - women don't date me because my wife is scary?

Best response.
    Okay everyone, pack up. The thread is over.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Really give me an answer an someway to change this? that don;t have to do with losing weight

Ask a girl out.

Have confidence.

Like yourself so they can too.

Make them smile and laugh.

Have confidence in yourself.

Ask a girl out.

Be creative.

Don't throw yourself pity parties when you get turned down. Go find another girl to ask out.

Flirt.

And finally, ask a girl out.

+1 on this. You/they need to be confident in yourself. If you doubt yourself, your relationships will always be questionable TO YOU. Insecurity kills relationships.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Currently married but when I was single, I wouldn't date a very obese man if he was the sweetest person on the planet. Physical attraction IS important for a healthy relationship. Go ahead and say that makes me shallow, but it is true.

Now I've dated skinny, skinny fat, chubby, muscled, and end then married a "built fat" according to that chart. So it's not like I have extremely rigid standards for what I find attractive.

To the OP, who probably no longer cares, you need to find a girl who likes you for you. You really shouldn't waste time trying to find a way to snag a girl who isn't attracted to you.
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    well for me before i lost the weight because i was bigger, weight dident matter to me, it matter how he treated me and how i felt about him, but since losing the weight my focus is on my halth and the healthy lifestyle im trying to lead i need someone will will go for 2 or 3 hours hikes with me, someone who isint affraid to help push me to reach my goals, now that ive found that it is something else to be able to work out togther .. i love it!
  • ashleyhacker
    Options
    I am attracted to Asian men, especially the ones from Asia.
    I am not a fan of extreme muscle and I am not a fan of fat guys.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    One reason: They think of themselves as "fat guys."

My soon-to-be-hubby is not the skinniest guy in the world (neither is he "fat," both of us are kind of in-between) but I fell for him because of his self-confidence, humor, and general all around awesomeness. If a "fat guy" has confidence in who he is, he'll attract women, and the right kind, too :smile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't waste time trying to find a way to snag a girl who isn't attracted to you.

Exactly. I wish more men would listen to you frankly.

I've never understood the logic of spending inordinate amounts of time and money pursuing a woman who isn't attracted to you. You could spend that exact same time and money improving yourself which will result in widening the number of women who find you potentially attractive. No brainer really.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    No the question is why do fat guys not want to date fat girls but skinny chicks with there butts hanging out...I have several big guy friends and that's all I ever hear about how good a girl looks with a little waist and a nice butt! Dude look at yourself before going chasing something that probably won't have anything to do with you.. Grrrr:devil:
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Some women DO date fat guys.I never have, but I was lucky to find my hubby early in my life. :)

I've seen fat guys with skinny girls, and skinny guys with fat girls....everywhere between and all around really.

Everyone has a preference. Sometimes those preferences do not remotely revolve around the physical appearance of another person.

It would be boring if everyone were the same.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My sister's husband was at an excellent weight when she married him. 3 years after they got married he was in the Obese range, and has been ever since (20+ yrs now). She tries to get him to lose weight and exercise- he sometimes does lose weight but he puts it back on every time. He's a president of a company so he travels a lot and is very busy with work. I guess that's why she gives him some slack.
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How about asking out the fat girls?

I don't know if you realized in the tittle says women not matter fat girl don't like fat guys either

I'm a fat girl and my husband is a fat guy . . . he was fat when I met him (320ish) and short too so in that respect the odds weren't good. He also dated thinner girls before me. Confidence is a big part of it. He doesn't let his size define him.

Find a nice girl with common interests, get to know her, THEN ask her out.

Also this may or may not apply to you but I've met a lot of fat guys who don't realize big guys need to take a little more time with their hygiene. If fat rolls don't get washed well then they smell even two minutes after stepping out of the shower. Hit the creases with a washcloth and a little extra soap and water. Before my husband, I met a few guys who were super nice and I got along with really well and who appeared clean but had a very distinctive BO that just shut down every possibility of anything.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what *your* definition of fat is, but I've always had a saying "If I can out weigh you, I will not date you" - I'm 5'9", so a guy should be 6' and about 190'ish - according the the BMI scale that is overweight. Not to mention that BMI calculator for guys is ridiculous. My hubby is 6'2" and according the the BMI is overweight and should weight about 190. But on him - that would too thin. He looks great at 210'ish (still "overweight")

So I think most women like some meat and muscles on their men - boney men are not very attractive (to me)!!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    depends how fat. They won't date obese guys. But guys who are ~30 lbs overweight shouldn't have much of an issue. I find it funny how some women find those lanky hipsters attractive though.

^^Guilty :blushing:

Some girls just have a "type". I for one, need to have a physical attraction to a guy to be passionate and intimate with them. Call me shallow or whatever, it is what it is. My "type" just happens to be the tall lanky kind. However this site has increased my attraction to muscles :wink:
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My husband was about 30 lbs overweight when I met him. He is now 100 lbs overweight. I was more attracted to him when I first met him because he was active... now that he's not active and pretty much a lump on the couch.,.. I find myself losing interest. I've told him... I'm not a complete *****. He has to want to do this for himself like I did.

Moral to the story is if he's trying to be active or is active with me then I'd be attracted. doesn't matter what size.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    girls DO date big guys. i feel like its more common to see a skinny girl with a fat guy than a fat girl with a skinny guy

THIS
  • RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    Same reason why men don't date fat women!