Anyone else have big thighs?

Options

Replies

• sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My thighs are HUGE for my size. I really hate it--more than i can even express but there's nothing I can do about it. So...yeah ((sigh)) ugh!

Oh and squats only make them bigger. Just my $.02. My thighs and toosh expand with weight lifting but I do it anyway. So I guess I'm partly to blame.

You look rockin! NO BIG THIGHS ON YOU MISSY! :)
  • Newbody72
    Newbody72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    At Velvet I think your thighs look great along with the rest of you. Just my opinion.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I've found that leg lifts seemed to help me a lot. Well, cleaning up my eating and leg lifts. Of course, I lift weights, too, but seriously those leg lifts did wonders for my thighs.
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same problem, the thing is I have what is called an hourglass figure which means my bottom half of the body will always be slightly bulkier than my top half. So if you have the same figure, you can be as thin as you want but your thighs will always be slightly bigger than your slim top half. Don't worry about it, its a very attractive feature to have and something that most woman will kill for!
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Well we are women so we do have that bad luck of having more body fat then men, thats just the way it goes. But like many others have said weight lifting and strength training that targets the thighs and legs will be a great thing to amp up on. But I encourage being patient with them ans try getting more used to them I have bigger thighs and I have learned to love them its a great sign of being womenly. I love them now and wouldn't trade them :)
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    The_Dizzle, your hip-to-thigh ratio is beautiful. I may get drop kicked for saying this but I don't think the whole SpongeBob Squarepants look on women is that attractive (wide hip to skinny leg ratio). Keep crushing it in the gym and looking awesome.

But yes, Chun Li waist-to-thighs trumps Spongbebob SquarePants waist-to-thighs any day.
    2a7eiaa.png
    9aml49.png
    <
    big thighs. I haven't measured them in quite some time because I don't want to see a big number and let the world tell me I'm gross because I don't fit some societal pressurized "norm" (that isn't really a norm). I eat, I jump. I squat. I deadlift. Big numbers. While my legs aren't supermodel legs...they are STRONG. They are beautiful in their own way. They might not look great in shorts yet (darn things always hit me at the widest point on my legs)...but oh well. The upper inner thigh fat is stubborn and doesn't wanna go away. That's my fault - because I'm not a fan of big deficit eating so my fat loss is taking much longer than it could if I just reigned it in.

I'm a woman and women were designed to carry some extra fat in the thighs. Other cultures adore that little bit of fat but for some reason America allows Hollywood to tell us how we should look, which tries to stunt our growth at about age 14. Uhm no.

So - train your legs (heavy lifting is lovely but I've seen some runners and cyclists with fantastic legs as well) and eat better, your body will respond. Just be patient with your thighs - they need love too! :D

*blush* Well thank you so much. I'm glad I came back and read this - there's another guy on here who has said the same thing to me but I brushed him off thinking he was just trying to make me feel good (and he's kind of a leg and booty guy, so the bigger the better I suppose). Now I got the warm fuzzies. KILL SQUATS FTW!

Hell yeah... thighs and booty give a woman contour... The_Dizzle, yours are exceptional!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yep (big thighs) ...the only thing that i personally have found to slightly reduce them is aerobic excercise and walking (and of course eliminate as much fat from your diet as possible). I've not tried anything else but that worked for me. I've bn told squats as well.
  • Kkramer26
    Options
    I have the same problem my waist is 26 my thighs are 21, and around my butt is 37 it's such an awful measurement, I am working really hard and nothing changes!
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    <<< big thighs
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    No...sorry.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I honestly would love the problem of bigger thighs if it meant o didn't have to deal with my disgusting flabby belly that ruins every outfit, gives muffin top in even the best fitting jeans. At least with thighs, there are a lot of people who find bigger thighs attractive. No one ever says that they like a nice, loose skinned, stretch marked dough belly. I'm about ready to hack it off and be done with it.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I love them.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same problem, the thing is I have what is called an hourglass figure which means my bottom half of the body will always be slightly bulkier than my top half. So if you have the same figure, you can be as thin as you want but your thighs will always be slightly bigger than your slim top half. Don't worry about it, its a very attractive feature to have and something that most woman will kill for!

You're not describing an hourglass figure. ' I do not think that word means what you think it means.'
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<< big thighs
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    YES! And I love them! I love my big butt and thighs.

I didn't love them when I was younger. I remember a photo shoot for a dance performance where the photographer told me to "put that big thigh right up in front" and I almost died with mortification. I cried. I was probably thinner then, but I thought about my body differently. I wanted it to be small and unobtrusive.

Now I run around in short shorts flexing my awesome thighs. Because now I want to be powerful and bad-*kitten*.
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    I have nigh thighs
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've always lost weight from my stomach when I diet but never my thighs. I really want to look into some exercises for tightening them up as the skin on them is really loose urgh
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I hate my thighs, the hardest place to lose fat from!
  • drizzydrakefl0w
    Options
    ha. im all muscle. 400 lbs of lean muscle niqqas
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    yeh you gain the most weight at your center of gravity. For guys its their stomach/waist for women its their behind and hips =/ It sucks I know