How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The bad part of coffee is caffeine, and that's just bad if you are sensitive to caffeine, have a heart condition worsened by caffeine, or if you over do the caffeine. But why people, and when people, will say it's bad for you is based off what you ADD to the coffee.

Or you know...Caffeine is actually beneficial to migraine sufferers. It helps reduce the pain and minimize the frequency at which they occur. This is why many migraine medications contain caffeine.

So before people keep spouting off crap about caffeine being evil and having no benefits, perhaps you might actually want to consult with a medical professional?

The bad part is caffeine... AND THATS JUST if you are sensitive or have a heart problem that is worsened etc. etc.

In other words... caffeine is not bad for EVERYONE... (Edit because some people are still probably stupid enough to not get this part) It is bad for people who are told by a medical professional that the caffeine is bad FOR them due to causing racing heart, or bad reactions with medications, etc. If you also read the rest of my post you'd see I'm defending coffee as an avid coffee drinker and my bigger point was that it's what you ADD to the coffee...

Learn to read and comprehend before you start "spouting off crap" about what someone posts.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #01****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just a dot of half+half!
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options

If regurly part of your food intake it is taking the place of foods that actually provide your body with positive nutrients.

not true for me

Same here, to me this seems like saying if water is a part of your food intake it is taking the place of foods that actually provide your body with positive nutrients. Coffee isn't really a food, most people don't eat it(unless your into that kind of thing and enjoy a nice cup of coffee grounds), they drink it with their breakfast or before a meal etc. just like they would any other drink.....water, soda, wine, beer, etc etc.

Everything you mentioned, except water, has calories. My point was that coffee takes the place of much better food choices because it takes calories from your daily calorie goal. For those that drink to much coffee this can become unhealthy.

There are 6 calories in my daily cup of coffee...I don't think that's going to break the bank on other nutrient rich foods...I could have like a cup of spinach for those 6 cals and I probably still will. I just don't see the point I guess. But like I said, I drink one black cup a day.

And like i said, most americans don't drink coffee like you do.

So it's not coffee you have a problem with but all the stuff people are putting in it?

The general idea of going overboard on something that is not a real benifit to a healthy diet.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I take mine in the form of a mocha...so with chocolate syrup and vanilla soymilk ;)

But if I'm drinking regular coffee, I take it with creamer (Pumpkin Spice flavored when it's available, otherwise French Vanilla). I can't drink it black, either. The taste and bitterness is just awful.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lately i've been drinking it with 2 Tbsp of Half & Half Cream + 1 Tsp of sugar. 63 calories is really not much for a beverage I enjoy. I don't really see the need for low cal sweeteners, etc. That said, when I was trying out intermittent fasting, I adjusted to black coffee - you just have to give yourself time to adjust. For those wanting to switch to black, try putting some cinnamon in it! Yum & cinnamon curbs hunger too.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Strong & Black

Me too! The sugar and milk makes my tummy hurt!
  • keelymf
    Options
    I use Splenda and Sugar Free Coffee Mate Vanilla creamer.
  • brunchwithamber
    Options
    I used to use a ton of cream and sugar. ya know, one of those people who likes a little coffee with her cream and sugar ;)

Like you, I am not giving it up, so I had to revise it a bit. I started getting the International Delight brand creamers. They're delicious and sweet enough that I was able to cut back on my sugar I was putting in my coffee. Also, the creamer is only 35 cals per tbsp.

Now, I just use the creamer, I don't even need sugar anymore because I'm used to it.

Hope this works for you!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I take mine with no sugar - natural or other - it ruins the coffee. I have gotten into the habit of putting either heavy cream or full fat coconut milk. But certain coffees I can't put anything in. Gourmet coffee wasn't made for condiments.

If you are counting calories or think fat is actually fattening then just use a little bit. It goes a long way and is so creamy.

(I follow a Primal lifestyle. Fat is healthy in my world. Especially the healthy diary and animal fats. And full fat coconut milk is my go to lunch during busy work days. 600 calories of pure energy!!!) Coconut milk is amazing in coffee. If you don't mind the layer of fat sitting on top! I get my lips moisturized while I sip!

Switching out sugar for Int'l Delight creamer??!! At least sugar is still natural. Even with no nutrition it's healthier for your body than that other crap. The body has use for glucose and fructose (although it can only handle fructose in small amounts - it is a toxin) Sugar cane: created by nature; International Delight: created by food scientists. I'll take the sucrose anyday!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a bit of creamer and Torani sugar free ~ I love the caramel and the vanilla flavoring. Creamer is the only calories and I don't have to use much when I use the flavoring. It tastes like i'm cheating!
  • rms180
    rms180 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2-3 cups in the morning hours from an 8oz mug. I know its overkill, but I use a 1/2 tbs measuring spoon to pour my sweetened creamer. Use a small mug or cup, and drink it slow. If you buy it from a shop or gas station, use the smallest cup available. In conjunction with some type of fiber rich breakfast, it’s a really good appetite suppressor for me.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    coffee has never affected my weight loss as long as you're not loading it up with sugars and creamers.

I like mine with 2 splendas. And when I'm feeling fancy, a tsp of sugar free caramel syrup.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    funny you should ask, this moring I slipped and ordered cream and 2 sugar, haven't done that in over a year, but it was 4:30 a.m. and I was half brain dead. One sip and I almost gagged! WAY too much sugar. I think I can cut the sugar, but I still need to cream to cut the heat/acidity a bit.

Agree on the artificial stuff, use it on occasion, but really trying to rid it from my life! I too am watching carbs due to Type II diabetes
  • pilatemom
    Options
    I just use two tablespoons of whichever flavor of the International Delight brand creamers. Yummy. :)
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    At home, I put in a bit of almond milk. At Dunkin Donuts, milk only. I don't like sweet coffee. Very rarely will I use cream or half and half, usually when there is no other option available.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Cream and splenda. Once the splenda is gone, I'm not buying more, so it will be cream and raw sugar until I can cut that out....I've tried so many times but I do like a tiny bit sweet.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Large and Black
  • BettyIW
    BettyIW Posts: 103
    Options
    I drink my coffee black unless it is way too strong--then I'll add some creamer to my coffee. However, the other day my husband made me a cup of coffee and after tasting it, I looked at him and said, 'Hey, what did you put in my coffee?' He put a teaspoon of Phillips Cafe Ole' Coffee Liqueur in my coffee Gotta say it was very good!! LOL
    And I do count my coffee calories into my daily food journal. I was surprised to find that certain black coffee has calories. I was expecting zero calories but not so!!! I didn't know.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    At work I just put one of those little mini-moos in my cup. At home I use a little soy milk and a teaspoon of agave nectar.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    hello,
    welcome to this forum site.It is the best site for your queries,here you can get lots of information about various thing.I have read this question but i am note able to give your answer right now,sorry for that.So i am giving you this expert link for your queries.
    thanks.
    WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION

do you like jam with your spam?