Do you feel like the weight will cure your "ugliness" ?

Options
I just feel so insecure and unattractive all the time and I used to say "Okay, when the weight comes off I'll be prettier." But those two times I lost 20 pounds? I still felt.. Ugly. Do you feel the same? Maybe I'm just insecure all the way around.

Replies

• Metspride129
    Metspride129 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I still have the "fat boy image" of myself. I'm down 70 pounds, get a ton of attention from girls (both in person and on here) and am attracting females that i never imagined would show interest in me....yet i still look in the mirror and am disgusted with myself.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    yes same here :(
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty much just as ugly as I did before losing weight. :( Maybe even more so now...
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    I keep hoping that losing weight will make me feel better about myself, but it doesn't. All I see is an ugly, podgy girl. I hate it!!!

I too get attention..from guys I never would have ever attracted before, I don't know what they see in me and I still think I'm ugly. x x

It''s such a horrible feeling!!!! x x x
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything will ever make me feel pretty.

One of the people on my friends list asked why I don't have my picture on here. I couldn't even begin to describe how impossible it would be for me to do that.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty much just as ugly as I did before losing weight. :( Maybe even more so now...

Yup. :ohwell:
  • enigmachik
    Options
    I hate the way I look. I hate my face so losing the weight doesn't help with that. And as I lose weight I notice wrinkles and uneven skin tone on my face even more. I feel sort of sad and pathetic for feeling this way, but I genuinely think it's true. I'm not an attractive person. :(
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I go through phases of this and it does suck. Some days I think I'm prettier when I'm skinny, other days I feel worse than before. It's a constant mental battle.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I go through phases of this and it does suck. Some days I think I'm prettier when I'm skinny, other days I feel worse than before. It's a constant mental battle.

I am wearing the same yoga capris that you have on in your AVy. Aand I thought how great you looked and just thought I wish I didn't look like such a tub in mine.
  • niath7
    Options
    By seeing thousands of comparison images on the web, from friends and mostly myself I believe losing weight back to normal always change how people look like, mostly more attractive (body and face).
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    no losing weight will not make me feel better. i already feel like i'm an attractive person but i'd like to be healthy and more physical.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible self image when I began this journey. Fortunately for me, though, as I have achieved each pound of loss I have achieved a little bump in self esteem. 70 pounds later and I feel amazing - like I have truly accomplished something all my own, that I can fully accept the credit (with God's help). No one can make me do it - I did it and I still work on it and I can do it. part of my trouble before was I didn't believe I COULD do it - now I have proven to myself that I certainly can and this journey has mproved my self image immensely.

So, in answer to your question, No, I do not still feel ugly. In fact, I feel like I have super powers and look and feel amazing. I hope you get there too!
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I feel much better about myself. I got my self-esteem back. When I pass a mirror, I look twice cuz I cant believe the way I look, and it does get better..........Hugs
  • Vianco
    Vianco Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Weight doesn't "cure" as you probably know... :smile: However, it does contribute to the negative thoughts and feelings. I think that what you're going through you'll probably need to step out of your own shoes and look in and evaluate your entire life, i.e your surroundings. I've been as small as a size 2 and as large as a size 16. Despite which spectrum I was on I received attention but still thought of myself as ugly.

However, the changes I applied in my life was not only weight loss and getting healthier it was changing my surroundings. Yes it meant dropping individuals who I thought at that time were "my life" but now that I look back at all the changes I've made and my weight loss was the least important.

Take care. :flowerforyou:
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 pds in 50 weeks, women still run in fear screaming when they see me walking nearby.
  • Ilovenikes6
    Options
    perhaps
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I hope I will like myself more as I lose more weight, I know from the 20 lbs I lost I had already noticed a huge difference in the way I saw myself so hopefully the next 50 or so will be even better for my self esteem! :)
  • lilrani
    lilrani Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SO ugliness is a personal opinion. All you that said that you guys think you are ugly, you ladies are wrong. If you feel better about yourself and feel confident that you do all you can to make yourself a better person, then you will be prettier. Each of us look different, we all can't be Heidi Klum or Kim Kardashian. Each of us have characteristics that appeal to someone. So don't think you're ugly. Yeah losing weight will help your self-esteem and boost your confidence - which will help your overall image...but no matter what that scale reads .. you aren't ugly!!
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I hope that losing weight will make me look better - I have a fat face!

Although I am pretty much invisible how I look now which isn't such a bad thing. I tend to be really shy so the idea of getting attention isn't a pleasant one.

Men just don't notice I exist!
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The key to losing weight for me, was I had to love myself the way I was first before the weight would even come off, that was almost 50lbs ago. Prior to that, I was sabotoging my results with negative self-talk. If you do not love yourself; all you will be is a skinny person who has ugly inisdes. I'm making this an extreme weight loss makeover inside and out. You have to get to the root of why you do not like/love yourself or you will find another addiction (shopping, smoking, dead-end relationships, people approval) to cope with your feelings of Inadequacy. So I guess my answer is no. You can be pretty and still see a ugly person in the mirror. There are millions of gorgeous people who are ugly. Look at the celebrities with all the money, good looks and great bodies who struggle with insecurity. Get to the root to the problem!