Do you feel like the weight will cure your "ugliness" ?

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 pds in 50 weeks, women still run in fear screaming when they see me walking nearby.

reverse-1289385527_sookie-scream.gif

:P
  • jnoring
    Options
    I always think I look nice which is kind of a burned. It makes eating a cupcake or a piece of cake okay because I’m still “cute” even though I am fat.
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I always think I look nice which is kind of a burned. It makes eating a cupcake or a piece of cake okay because I’m still “cute” even though I am fat.

100% this. I have always been told that I am cute/attractive despite my weight so losing weight doesn't really affect my perception of myself. This also makes losing weight for "body image" issues irrelevant to me. My motivating factor for weight loss is almost entirely health.
  • ShaeLovelyy
    Options
    I always thought i was pretty..im decently confident in myself..but when i gained the 30 pounds..i felt ugly...just with a fat face..couldnt fit into my clothes..so on and so forth...but when i lost the weight i felt back to normal..i think girls have days...we all do...even guys..some days you feel sexy and pretty, some days you feel fat and ugly..despite how skinny and pretty you may be..its only a problem of insecurity if you feel ugly all day everyday...but losing the weight you wanna lose it will probably help your self esteem
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What ugliness? I know those lying mirrors and scales are all around me, but I KNOW I look like Sean Connery....
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever shed the ugly girl I feel like. Too many years of being told how ugly I am has gotten me to the point that I don't think I'll ever feel otherwise.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Nope because I am not an ugly or unattractive person. Neither are you.
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad that only a couple posters on here said that you have to love yourself first.

We are all beautiful people. You have to find what makes you beautiful and focus on that. Yes, there are going to be times when you think you look pretty crappy. But, I can guarantee that that will happen no matter what size you are.

You are the only you that will ever exist. Embrace and love yourself first, accept your body for what it is and be thankful it works.

Then you can move forward and make improvements!

Be strong everyone! We are all fantastic! :)
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Loving yourself or thinking badly of yourself may be related to weight, but that's over simplifying a deeper psychological/emotional issue. If you have low self esteem you'll judge yourself harshly no matter what you look like. For the sake of your own mental/emotional health, you just have to talk positively to yourself, think about what you like. And self esteem isn't routed in looks alone. Take some time every day to focus on what good tasks, conversations, activities you did that make you proud or happy. Putting your self esteem into your looks alone is a losing battle. You're only going to get older and wrinklier and then you'll wish your self esteem was routed in your knowledge, relationships, accomplishments etc.

I look at you and don't think you're ugly. Your low self esteem drives your judgment of ugly. There are so many ways to be beautiful. No one fits one prototype and it's a losing battle to try. Just be the best YOU you can be, give yourself credit, and self esteem will follow.

Good luck.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad that only a couple posters on here said that you have to love yourself first.

We are all beautiful people. You have to find what makes you beautiful and focus on that. Yes, there are going to be times when you think you look pretty crappy. But, I can guarantee that that will happen no matter what size you are.

You are the only you that will ever exist. Embrace and love yourself first, accept your body for what it is and be thankful it works.

Then you can move forward and make improvements!

Be strong everyone! We are all fantastic! :)

Totally.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is all so sad. I'm a very attractive person. I'm just a little heavier than I'd like to be. I bet none of you is actually ugly. Just because you don't look like <insert bony model here> it doesn't mean you're not beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'd feel more optimistic with clothes since I have such an awkward body/fat placement that clothes my size now will still fit me dumb, and losing those problem areas will give me more confidence with my wardrobe. But with feeling pretty.... nah. I can't stand my huge filipino goomba nose.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Well, I never felt ugly. I just felt fat. So yes, once I got rid of all the excess fat, I felt better, happier with more energy. More confident and positive.

New clothes helped too. Feels great to wear cute stuff again instead of trying to hide my belly!
  • many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just feel so insecure and unattractive all the time and I used to say "Okay, when the weight comes off I'll be prettier." But those two times I lost 20 pounds? I still felt.. Ugly. Do you feel the same? Maybe I'm just insecure all the way around.

This is a hard one - and I admit, I was worried about this same thing when I first considered attempting major weight loss, that it would turn out I actually had bad features that the fat was hiding. Part of what finally changed my mind was someone who was attracted to me saying "Look, you ARE attractive, that's just simple fact." Since he didn't put any conditions on my attractiveness based on my weight, I came back to the loss process with the thought of "I *am* beautiful, and this is just helping me maintain it" instead of "WHAT IF I LOOK LIKE A FREAK WHEN I'M SKINNY!"

To get back to the point, I think it would help you to find a good support system - someone who knows that you struggle with your self-image and understands that, but is still willing to build you up. No point in being around negative folks, ya know?
  • _Katastrophic
    Options
    I never feel ugly
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should get help with these issues. Loving yourself is essential for your happiness!
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    working on your body is one thing , working on your body image is a whole different story , i know i lost 69 pounds (yay almost 70!) and i had a boob job and i still feel disgusted with myself and see myself as a fat *kitten* ... its all in the head and i know and everybody tells me but it just wont really get into my head ... with time maybe :flowerforyou: we have to remember that we are beautiful
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Generally speaking, weight loss tends to help with confidence, but it won't change your features. You need to accept yourself and love yourself from the beginning, not wait till you lose weight. You are not ugly, nobody is ugly. Try pampering yourself, wear pretty clothes, etc; there are simple things that can enhance your confidence. I don't think I'm ugly, not at any weight, but I do realise that my main reason to lose weight is to feel better about myself and more confident, I have no idea whether that will happen but I'm not sure that's a good enough reason.
  • Lisasfit
    Options
    Beauty is only skin deep! Confidence is beautiful and everyone is beautiful in their own way. Don't compare yourself to others! I've learned this lesson, even though I still struggle with how I look. You are all beautiful no matter what! :)
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i love my ugliness