Do you feel like the weight will cure your "ugliness" ?

Options

Replies

• gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have never felt pretty, even when I was not fat!
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It takes time to adjust. We're not just shedding pounds, we're shedding old habits, attitudes, and perceptions we've learned throughout our lives. Insecurities are ever-present, but we have to work through them. I know I can tell you this until I am blue in the face and you won't believe me, but you are very pretty. =)

We all struggle with this. You will get through it, though. Be kind to yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    nice title.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE SEXY BEASTS!!! =p
  • gottaTuscany
    gottaTuscany Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think it takes a lot of inner work to start seeing the person you are and not the person you were. Start by looking in the mirror and no matter how hard it is, give yourself a compliment. Even if it's just once a day...Maybe the next day go for two. Hang in there. You ARE beautiful, but YOU need to recognize it first. :smile:
  • samiatf
    Options
    All the time my weight is a major cause for my depression !! I need to loose 25 lb.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yes, I keep losing weight, and instead of being content I find I criticize myself more and set more weight loss goals =/
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    there is no cure for ugly,
    but! beauty is in the eye of the beer holder..err ummm...i mean beholder...
    confidence is always sexy!!! work on that ;)
    and ur not freaking ugly btw.
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OMG, I cannot read this crap. Ladies, take a step back and grow some balls. You are as pretty, strong and confident as you allow yourself to be. So many of you are very attractive and are most likely even more so on the inside. You need to work on yourself for YOU and no one else.

If you have to tell yourself every hour that you are pretty, strong and confident then do it. No more of this negative talk about yourselves.

It starts in YOUR head first. Who cares what others think!!!! Care about what you think first!!!
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I ever felt pretty or beautiful when I was slimmer, but I did feel more confident in myself and more attractive to the opposite sex. I've never felt attractive when I've been big.

Ultimately ugliness has nothing to do with your attractiveness to other people though, I think I'm a heifer but my fiancé evidently disagrees or he wouldn't be marrying me, wouldn't have a daughter with me and wouldn't tell me I'm beautiful every day!
  • curvychaos
    Options
    ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE SEXY BEASTS!!! =p

Right back atcha! :D
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When I look at myself alone, I generally don't think "Oh there's a fata$$" but when I'm dancing or running, I am *seriously* hampered by the extra person that I am wearing.

I am expecting that when I drop my 100lbs or so and feel light as the wind, that life will be great.

So, short answer is yes absolutely.
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pull yourself together people! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - we are all different species of beautiful - all!
    Loosing the weight will not assure success or confidence - you have to work on that in tandem... happy people are more beautiful so be happier (no sweat required) and that will be a great start! :)
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    no losing weight will not make me feel better. i already feel like i'm an attractive person but i'd like to be healthy and more physical.

Yes! Lets focus on this
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am glad that I really do not think I am a completely unattractive person. I know that in order to have as many good looking friends as I do I must be pretty okay. You choose friends on your own plane of attractiveness, that's a freaky brain thing everyone does. I do know that carrying this extra weight makes my face look all sort of squashy, I have good features, just squashy ones. Then again I am not losing weight for looks. I am doing it for health.

If I was doing it for looks I guess I would have started sooner. I also think that I was made fun of to a point where i refuse to give a frak about how I look. I rock it when I feel it. I know that someone somewhere will always find anyone attractive, myself included. I think most of you guys need to realize that too. Most of y'all are way more attractive than I am, and fitter, LOVE yourself! YOU are all you have!
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    Pull yourself together people! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - we are all different species of beautiful - all!
    Loosing the weight will not assure success or confidence - you have to work on that in tandem... happy people are more beautiful so be happier (no sweat required) and that will be a great start! :)

^ THIS!! Stop worrying about being perfect and pretty and worry about being the best YOU that you can be! No one is like you, and never will be! Take pride in that and put a smile on your face! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I just feel so insecure and unattractive all the time and I used to say "Okay, when the weight comes off I'll be prettier." But those two times I lost 20 pounds? I still felt.. Ugly. Do you feel the same? Maybe I'm just insecure all the way around.

u have looked in the mirror right? Cuz you are BEAUTIFUL! You are kick *kitten* beautiful and you need to remember that.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm ugly, but I think my fat belly is ugly! Even when I was bigger (after having my baby) I wasn't ugly, just overweight, and I didn't feel comfortable or confident.

I still don't feel I'm attractive as i could be, and I feel like I'm starting to look my age now, whereas in the past people have always thought I was younger than I am. Having 2 small kids and not getting enough sleep doesn't help matters.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I thoroughly despise how i look. Its mostly my weight but there are other things. I believe i might have slightly more confidence when i lose weight but, if i'm honest, i can almost guarantee some other insecurity will take its place. I'll have to work on my mental health as well as physical.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm mortified at all the responses on here. Beauty is within, period. If you hate yourself, you are an ugly person. You have to learn to love and accept yourself to move forward with beauty. The whining about weight & self esteem & insecurities....that's like a hampster on a wheel, it gets you know where. You can drop the lbs but still be horribly ugly inside and unhappy. Learn to love yourself because you are you....then learn that you deserve to be happy and respectful of your body, healthier....and take it from there, the beauty will shine through.