New Year's 2013 Challenge Thread - Closed Group

Options

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    yesterday
    protein 100g
    carbs 201g (stupid mac and cheese bites from the pot)

today if i stick to as my diary is set and pre-logged
    protein 101g
    carbs 161g
    this is GOOOOOD for me lol....
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    It's all falling apart this week :(

I'm just so busy at work, and am also trying to fit in lectures and studying, and exercise has fallen by the wayside. My eating hasn't been great either ( low protein and high carbs/fat).

It's not going to be pretty on the scales tomorrow :frown:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed the weigh in Denise!!!

Crystal thanks for the info on high protein intake i plan to reduce my carbs and increase my protein intake through the new year to try and reach the 170's. I have been having a really tough time so I'm focused now moving forward. My Hubby is using MFP and he is already down 10lbs uggghhh. Such a slap in the face well in this case a slap in the right direction he actually think he's going to catch up to me before I lose weight. Not going to happen!!!

So I accept the challenge to lower Carb and increase protein and be done with eating by 7pm

You know what makes me angry about MEN? ((Well besides the obvious)) lol.... they ALWAYS kick *kitten* in the weight loss
    department and seem to make it seem way easier than it is. I'm so happy for him though!!! So Yay! Slap him anyhow... for all of us. lol

I just slapped him he said what was that for I said because Crystal said so LOL he said who is that I said my weight loss partner in crime and she don't think u need to be bragging about ur weight loss!!

I've eaten early both nights and upped my protein its working well.

Also I purchased a forever bracelet from Kay's and for every 5lbs I lose I will be buying me a charm to wear on it!!!
  • shiningsea
    shiningsea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    10/24: 177
    10/31: 173
    11/7: 172.5
    11/14: 176.0
    11/21: 174.5
    11/28: 174.5
    12/5: 175.5
    12/12: 175.5
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 224.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 212

10/24: 224.2
    10/31: 222.0 (2.2lbs lost)
    11/7: 224.0 (2.0lbs gain, overall loss 0.2lbs)
    11/14: 223.2 (0.8lb loss, overall loss 1.0lb)
    11/21: 223.2 (maintained, overall loss 1.0lb)
    11/28: 219.2 (4.0lbs lost, overall loss 5.0lb)
    12/5: 217.8 (1.4lbs lost, overall loss 6.4lbs)
    12/12: 221.2 (3.4lb gain, overall loss 3.4lbs)
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:

Well I've given myself a good talking to, and have started the day with a fresh mindset, and a promise to myself not to eat cakes, mince pies or any other Xmas goodies
  • InPieces3
    Options
    Sorry I missed the weigh in Denise!!!

Crystal thanks for the info on high protein intake i plan to reduce my carbs and increase my protein intake through the new year to try and reach the 170's. I have been having a really tough time so I'm focused now moving forward. My Hubby is using MFP and he is already down 10lbs uggghhh. Such a slap in the face well in this case a slap in the right direction he actually think he's going to catch up to me before I lose weight. Not going to happen!!!

So I accept the challenge to lower Carb and increase protein and be done with eating by 7pm

You know what makes me angry about MEN? ((Well besides the obvious)) lol.... they ALWAYS kick *kitten* in the weight loss
    department and seem to make it seem way easier than it is. I'm so happy for him though!!! So Yay! Slap him anyhow... for all of us. lol

I just slapped him he said what was that for I said because Crystal said so LOL he said who is that I said my weight loss partner in crime and she don't think u need to be bragging about ur weight loss!!

I've eaten early both nights and upped my protein its working well.

Also I purchased a forever bracelet from Kay's and for every 5lbs I lose I will be buying me a charm to wear on it!!!

Bwahahahaa!!!!! We women have to stick together. Men have NO chance that way! I love it! lol
  • InPieces3
    Options
    InPieces3/Crystal
    Challenge Start Weight: 231.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 215

10/24: 231.2
    10/31: 229.0 (2.2 lb loss)
    11/07: 226.7 (2.3 lb loss)
    11/14: 228 (1.3 lb gain)
    11/21: 231 (3.3 lb gain)
    11/28: 228 (3 lb loss)
    12/05: 224 (4 lb loss) 7.2 lbs loss total over-all
    12/12: 224 (stayed the same)
    12/19:
    12/26:
    01/01:

I have a lot going on right now. I'm THANKFUL I haven't gained. I'm not eating hardly at all... but that is because I'm really stressed out. I just want to sleep all the time.
    I haven't talked about it but at my new job Monday morning I had a man come in and demand the lowest price. I told him If he wasn't a senior citizen or a triple A member, there was nothing I could possibly give him. (per the motel rules) Well he got irate and grabbed my shirt. I couldn't get free and when I tried he was grabbing for something in his pocket. By THAT time the manager came out and demanded he let go.... he let go but told me I was going to pay. I didn't waste NO time in quitting. I'm not going to PAY for anything... what if he would have pulled a gun out on me? What if that was what he was trying to do? Omg... you have NO idea how upset and shaken I am over this. I've been very quiet on here the past few days.... I'm so upset over everything that happened there, but more upset that I should have KNOWN better. It was in a BAD neighborhood to begin with. Drugs/prostitutes etc.... but I needed a job. My parents are happy I'm okay and of course are glad I quit that job.. of course stating I could have been killed and damnit next time look for a job in a BETTER neighborhood. I'm sorry, I was desperate for a job.

Anyhow... then I'm dealing with my hateful daughter. My ears are ringing, my chest has been tightening for the past week and I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. To top it off... no doctors in the area want to take me... not sure why? I'm just dealing with everything the best I can. SO... moral of the story is I stayed the same and I'm grateful. Hope you all have done better than I have this week. If you did... keep kicking butt!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Bluiz13/Denise
    Challenge Start Weight: 180.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 169

10/24: 180.2
    10/31: 182.4 (+2.2)
    11/7: 186.6 (+4.2)
    11/14: 179 (-7.6)
    11/21: 182 (+3)
    11/28: 181 (-1)
    12/5: 178.6 (-2.4)
    12/12: 181.6 (+3)
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:

i know this is water weight from disney this past weekend and applebee's last night....BUT it's a gain so i'm posting it here....work harder this week to get that "off" and then some to continue on with losing at least SOME for this challenge...
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    177.2 (-1.4)

Right direction. :smile:
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Clarita
    Challenge start weight: 167
    Challenge goal weight: 157

10/24: 167
    10/31: 167
    11/7: 164
    11/14: 163
    11/21: 162
    11/28: 158
    12/5: 158
    12/12: 157

Challenge for yesterday: carbs 161g, protein 124g
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    Denise please forgive me my weight yesterday was 184.4 I should have entered it in Tuesday when I posted I was 185 even that day please don't drop me from the group. I really had a crazy day 12/12/12 work and a final kicked my butt still no excuse to my commitment here wont happen again
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    Crystal I'm sorry to hear of the crazy experience you had at work I know that had to be scary and you did the right thing quitting. No need to risk your life for a job. I definitely understand having to work though I pray you find a safer job soon. As for your daughter I don't know if she's at the hormonal teen ages or not but I know mines are and Im waiting for the day when they come back to say mom you were right. After putting us through this stress. Keep your head up your a strong young lady doing great things for yourself don't let this bump in the road stop you continue to push forward. I have you in my thoughts and prayers. As you said we have to stick together.

Are there any general local family practices you can go to and have them refer you out accordingly to your needs? I was having the same issue when I relocated no one was taking new patients and when one finally did I had a book of everything I had concerns with. I hope your concerns are met soon. Take care Crystal better days are ahead!!
  • ndetlefsen
    ndetlefsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I AM NOT MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION! FOCUS.

ndetlefsen/Nancy
    Challenge Start Weight: 184.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 175

10/24: 184.4
    10/31: 183.8
    11/7: 184.4
    11/14: 185
    11/21:189
    11/28:189
    12/5: 189
    12/12: 190
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i'm not dropping you lol....i didnt get the chart done yesterday cause i didnt have everyone....i'll do it this am...no worries...
    Denise please forgive me my weight yesterday was 184.4 I should have entered it in Tuesday when I posted I was 185 even that day please don't drop me from the group. I really had a crazy day 12/12/12 work and a final kicked my butt still no excuse to my commitment here wont happen again
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies...

Sorry but I'm going to pass. I just became too overwhelmed with everything I'm trying to do. I'm backing off from all the challenges and stuff. I haven't been on a scale in a while and I'm okay with it now, it got obsessive for a bit there. I've created a routine for myself and been sticking with it every day for the past 1.5 weeks. I'm not leaving MFP of course just taking a "breather"

I applaud everyone here, it's amazing what you are all doing. Hopefully I'll be able to join you again.

Big hugs!!

Mary
  • gorbygirl
    gorbygirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    12/12: 242

:huh: Many things going on right now. First on the line up? Helping my mother in law. She is going through some major health issues and there is an appointment today to determine whether she will have a toe amputated. Sorry I have not been around to comment on how well everyone is doing. Not happy with my numbers for this challenge thus far but I guess I am thankful that I have not gone off the deep end with stress eating as I have in the past.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    becca i'm sorry you are stuggling with family health issues....mary i'm sorry to see you drop from the challenge but understand you need to do what is best for you....crystal i dont know what to say to help other than that we are here to lend an ear and continue to support you as you struggle with your job and your daughters health......everyone just needs to hang in there and put some focus on yourself cause as i have said in the past and will continue to say - you are not good to help others if you are not able to help yourself - this is why they tell you to put the air mask on yourself first on a plane if it is going down....taking care of ourselves first is NOT selfish - it is a necessity in order to help others...

char was our biggest loser this week with 1.6% lost with clarita still holding out as our biggest loser to date with 6% total lost since the start....hang in there girls, we have 3 more weighins until the new year...let's all push it so each of us can say we had a LOSS by the new year....even if it is just a 1/2 a pound in the whole time we have been doing the challenge - any loss over the holidays is a HUGE success.....so the next few weeks i challenge each of us that are still showing GAINS (me, nancy, becca, char and chris) from our start weights on 10/23 to push extra hard to get down to our start weight less 1/2 lb....WE CAN DO THIS....forget your goal loss or goal weight for the new year at this point and really focus on POSTING A LOSS by 1/1/13....

char can you give us a challenge this week as you are the biggest loser...thanks, denise

wk7smaller-1.jpg
  • claritarejoice
    Options
    Hi Crystal, Mary, Becca and everyone, I sympathize with the challenges you (and we) all are going through. I appreciate this group, not just for the physical health support, but that we have been able to share other challenges in our lives and be there for each other through that. I wish we could meet in person. Crystal I pray that you find a new job soon that you enjoy.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    Wow I was in no way expecting to be the biggest loser!!

Okay this week challenge will be since I see a few of us are having a few struggles going on me included will be:

1. Do something nice for yourself each day ex. Take a nice hot long bubble bath

2. Have a no meat day this week

3. Try a new Workout to mix things up ex. Zumba class, cycling, or pole dancing something you normally wouldn't do.

4. If water has falling to the waste side I know a lot of people don't like to drink it much during winter months pick it back up this week 8-10 cups per day!!!

Lets have a great week ladies remember we have to first take care of self to tackle the weight of the world! !!!
  • claritarejoice
    Options
    Thanks Char, great challenge! I accept :) I think my new workout will be running. I will try my best to do it Saturday. I'll need your accountability though! More water and a no meat day - no problem. Do something nice for myself each day: I'll have to plan ahead to make this happen. 7 nice things I can think of to last me through next week: 1) exercise, 2) pray/read Bible, 3) call a friend, 4) take a technology fast (one day with no web surfing, no TV and no games/apps), 5) pedicure/manicure, 6) buy myself a small Christmas gift ($10), 7) take a walk during lunch instead of just sitting at my desk. Whoa, it's sad how hard it was to come up with that list of nice things.