bedroom questions

Options

Replies

• lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I make my bed everyday...always!! I just like getting into a made bed and even if the rest of the room is messy a made bed makes it look better...it's also the opposit...If the room is clean and straight but the bed isn't made it looks messy. Yeah and I have all those fluffy little pillows too!!!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I only recently within the last 4 years made the decision to make my bed every day. Once I got the routine down, I couldn't do without it. Now I feel horrible if I don't make my bed every day and all my kids make theirs too. My 5 year old is really, really good at it.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Actually they say making your bed every morning is good because it's the first activity done for the day. It unconsciously gives you a feeling of accomplishment to start the day

I have to pee first.

HAHA! This!

I think she meant "subconsciously," not "unconciously".. lol. But yes, I also read somewhere that people who make their bed daily are usually more organized and dependable in other areas of their lives too. Although, I don't know if they are organized and dependable because they make their bed or if they make their bed because they are organized and dependable... Worth a good ponder for sure.

haha never said i was good at english!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    A tidy house is a tidy mind.

I make the bed every day, but more out of habit than anything else.

well... I guess that means I have a somewhat cluttered, disorganized mind...

hey - lookat that - you're right! haha
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make it daily. Sometimes right before my Husband gets home but Hey, it gets made :)

Me too!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I like having a made bed, but I'm a Capricorn, so ...

What she said ^^^^^ everyday.....otherwise I get the ticks.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    psh never cared, still don't care. lucky i found a dude who also doesn't care.

besides, even if i did make it, either in the morning or night, it would be unmade quickly. my dude likes to romp around in the sheets as often as he can catch me :blushing:
  • beproudbestrong
    Options
    I am old school.. My granny told me a made bed everyday is a happy day!! It may not be all pretty but it's made as soon as I get out of it in the am
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My man makes the bed... everyday before he leaves for work
  • trailtripper
    Options
    If the wife (stay at home type) is out of town, I make the bed every morning before leaving for work. I enjoy the moving the blankets around till I get them just right before a good night sleep.

Is it redundent? I do not believe so. It more about structure in your life. I enjoy a neat house (which the bed is part of). I do my share chores around the house and have time to enjoy my off time with the wife (empty nesters).
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have neither the time or energy to make a bed. I already have one, so why try making another? Besides, if something happens to it, I will buy another.
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    Options
    I JUST rearranged my bedroom to make it easier to make our bed. Now the bed is in the center of the room so making it is a snap.
  • winkerbean
    winkerbean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I HAVE to make the bed in the morning.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    mine gets made up about 2 seconds before I go to bed...in the morning no way...I can barely function in the AM and the last thing I want to do is make my bed...glad I am not the only one that doesnt :)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have refused to make my bed since I was a child lol. I have never seen the point and I feel more comfortable getting into a messy bed than a neat one. I know, I'm weird. haha
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I always make up the bed. I don't like having a messy bed to sleep in.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Not .make the bed? :sad:
  • Zamba74
    Zamba74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you leave your bed unmade its easier for spider and bugs to get in...just saying :)
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It gets made. right before I get into it at night! No way I am doing it in the morning before my coffee!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Here's the deal: bed making is one of those little things that have been shown to be associated with disciplined, successful people. Moreover, it can be a point of contention between a couple, if one person believes in making the bed and the other doesn't care.
    Given that, I think it is a good habit. Nobody who does not care whether a bed is made ever got upset because it was, but those who do want the bed made do care.