Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @RObin - When I was at my heaviest (way way heavier than you are now) I used to always freak out about walking. I would turn my ankles all the time and was so scared it would happen when I was walking in public and someone would have to try and lift my ample butt off the ground.

Not quite the same thing but I can understand the fear. I always walked close to walls/fences so I had something to grab if I stumbled... used a walking stick at the beach so I'd have extra support. It's scary..
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Actually climbed in bed a little while ago (too tired and cold) - going to read some and hopefully sleep. See you on the flip side.

Kelley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Bump

Rest well my friends.

Lin :flowerforyou:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in and say hi everyone. It has been a long day. The old saying when it rains it pours. I think the man upstairs might be mad at the rebert kids right now or something. On top of the loss of my grandma my siblings and I have each been handed a personal problem of fairly high significance in the last three days that has to be dealt with. So as the oldest I am dealing with my loss trying to help my parents and now trying to be there in a whole new venue for my brothers and as of today having some of my own personal bull**** that has to be processed and ealt with. At least I wont gain any weight as eating is completley nauseating.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

@karenleona--glad you enjoyed your walk!

@robin--don't you hate it when the electronics don't want to cooperate! :angry: Hope the BF can figure it out for you.

@laurie--happy you are through the worst of the flu. Like you, I really haven't lost any weight for about a year. Looking at the reports I can see I started 2012 at 201 lbs. and my lowest weight this year is 192--so 9 lbs. in all. That being said, my weight fluctuates up and down between 192-197, so there are days when I'm within 4 lbs of my starting weight. Not a lot of progress which can be frustrating. I really think my old HRM was a factor in the stall. The readings on my new one are WAY lower. My hope is that this change will result in the scale moving again. Of course, that will only happen if I quit having binge-fests like yesterday. :blushing: I agree it's frustrating, but I also believe we can turn it around. Let's make 2013 the year we both get comfortably in to the "healthy" range on the BMI chart!! :drinker:

@alison--ditto on the Wed. wish--I've been eating all of the wrong things this week and need to get it in check before it shows up on the scale. Hope you make it through your super-busy day tomorrow. On the bright side, maybe you'll be too busy to snack.

@kaye--yuck about your dishwasher! :grumble:

@tina--Although I agree with the others that breakfast is important, I've found that I'm just not a morning eater. I've tried to eat something before leaving for work and have tried protein drinks on the way to work--both options just make me hungrier sooner in the day, and I end up eating the same amount of calories throughout the rest of the day PLUS the breakfast calories. :grumble: So if you're not a morning eater either, I suggest a protein snack at mid-morning. I bring an ounce of almonds, protein bar, cheese snack, or some similar high-protein snack and eat it during my 2nd period open (around 9am). This helps keep me going until I can eat my lunch around noon, and I end up eating less for lunch than when I miss that snack. I guess you could argue that I'm just eating my "breakfast" a little later in the morning, so I'm not really skipping it, though I don't eat it within an hour of waking which is what most nutritionists/doctors recommend. Just wanted to give you another option if you're just not hungry 1st thing in the morning. :smile:

@tom--thanks for the info. One of the reasons I decided to get serious about losing weight is that diabetes runs rampant on both sides of my family. I've never had elevated glucose levels, but as I was pushing 250lbs. I knew it was just a matter of time if my weight kept going up, up, up. Also have always had high cholesterol and statins weren't doing much--they were bringing my number down to the low 200's (from mid-300's YIKES!), but now I'm in the low 200's without the meds. My doc is happy with the weight loss and is willing to keep me off the meds as long as the numbers stay where they are or continue to decrease.

Welcome to all the newlings!! You really have found the best thread on this site!! I look forward to getting to know you all! :flowerforyou:

Wed. Wish:
    Well, I wish that I continue to have more days like today vs. yesterday. I indulged in a few treats (hubby made homemade dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies), but my visit to the gym more than made up for that (even with the lower calorie burn readings on my new HRM). I also hope the new HRM numbers result in more weight loss--if my old readings were too high, that would explain why I've struggled so much to lose much weight.

I know it looks like I'm all caught up on the grading, but I'll have a brand new list of grading goals tomorrow. :ohwell: I know some of you want another week to prep for the holidays, but I can't wait for the next week and a half to go by b/c then I will be on Winter Break!!

Exercise goals:
    Mon--core work DONE
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + run outside
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Sun--walk gunner + gym or run outside

Grading goals:
    1. Re-read 1984 STARTED
    2. 22/22 Create an ad assignments DONE
    3. 22/22 vocab quizzes DONE
    4. 48/48 AP journal reflections DONE
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: Tomorrow my son and I return back to Atlanta, which was home to me for the past 18 years. We've now live in Las Vegas, which has been 8 months and doesn't seem possible. We're both so excited to see our friends, but my son is also going to be celebrating Christmas with his dad's side of the family. My SIL said his dad may or may not show up (no surprise there). My son has seen his father 3 times in the past 4 years (and that was while we lived 15 minutes away). He hasn't seen him since Christmas 2010. If he wants to see him, he knows where my son will be. I guess my wish is for a safe journey, many laughs with friends and enjoy our time with family.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

bump, have a good night everyone!

Take care

Liz
  • Cherie7575
    Options
    Goodnight everyone, unless I catch a few of you late night or outside the US folks. I hope everyone who has been struggling is having at least a somewhat better day today.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: to have a bit more energy.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's doing well! I haven't caught up still, but I'm gonna work on that.

Thursday truth: Still feeling a bit lethargic but I suspect my recent diet has to do with that. Been sparse on the money for the holidays so I've been reduced to crap that I really don't like much anymore... and it's really hard to meet a calorie goal when you're reduced to prepackaged ramen and cereal >.> fail on my part but I've put my foot down for tomorrow's dinner. I'm tired of the "whatever you can find" nights! On the upside ... I've found I really really like Arizona green tea with honey and ginseng! I've heard it's really good for you too so I'm all about giving it a shot.

I'm also super excited for christmas >.> I heard through the grapevine that I'm getting a PS3... so I'm hoping I get the playstation move along with that. That'd be AWESOME
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

To add to the breakfast discussion, I don’t eat when I get up either – the thought of food immediately in the morning is nauseating to me. During the week, I make breakfast the night before and take it to work with me the next day – I get to work really early (~6:45am) and usually heat up my breakfast 30 minutes or so after I get here. I’ve been awake for a couple of hours by the time I get here and have had some coffee, so I’m usually ready by then.

@Karen~Yay, for the gym!!! I made it there last night too, although it was a very short low-calorie burn workout for me – was all the energy I had, so I guess better than nothing. I always go by my HRM when it comes ot calories burned, I think its more accurate than the machines or the MFP website.

@JConst~I’m so sorry for your family drama on top of the loss of your grandmother – keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, I hope that things calm down soon. Hang in there!

@Robin~Have you thought about getting a couple of the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs? That way you can walk in your living room. Like Kris, I hated walking when I was at my heaviest but I had to find a way to get some exercise, I had a couple of those and I used them until I felt comfortable enough to walk outside. Also, you can probably find some of her videos on You Tube. I hope you get the Wii figured out soon so you can dance away!!!

@Tom~Thanks for the diabetes info, good to know. I always worry about it too since it runs throughout my family, I’ve never had elevated glucose levels but I still worry it could happen someday.

@Susan~Safe travels to Atlanta!

Thursday Truth~Its been a rough week. I haven’t eaten horribly, but I haven’t eaten great either – most days way below calories. Scale shows me the same as last week, so it could have been a lot worse. Been sleeping horribly so my energy level is low, got in a short low-burn workout yesterday – hope to have more energy for training session this afternoon.

Have a good day.

Kelley
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Since there seems to be some interest in the diabetes article I'll post page two a little later.
    Hope everyone is feeling healthy.
    It's beginging to look a lot like Christmas... My decorations are up:laugh:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in and say hi everyone. It has been a long day. The old saying when it rains it pours. I think the man upstairs might be mad at the rebert kids right now or something. On top of the loss of my grandma my siblings and I have each been handed a personal problem of fairly high significance in the last three days that has to be dealt with. So as the oldest I am dealing with my loss trying to help my parents and now trying to be there in a whole new venue for my brothers and as of today having some of my own personal bull**** that has to be processed and ealt with. At least I wont gain any weight as eating is completley nauseating.

I am sorry to hear of all the stress you are going through. The man upstairs never gives us more than he feels we can handle but with that being said the limits get pushed to the max at times. Prayers go out to you.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Day :bigsmile:

Thursdays Truth- Is non weight related. I skipped class last night to hang out with my son he is 16. We haven't had any alone time since allowing my bf and his kids to live with us. It was so nice and fun we went x-mas shopping and he windowed shopped dropping hints for gifts. I also helped him prepare for his job interview today at McDonalds. That few hours made my whole day brighter.
    NSV to report....I was able to wear my son's old winter Jacket mens XL vs a mens XXL I use to wear.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of Ten Motivators to think about when you're not doing anything:

1. Take action.
    2. Show up.
    3. Lean into it.
    4. Start anywhere.
    5. Keep busy.
    6. Get out more.
    7. Ask for help.
    8. Shake more hands.
    9. Give more hugs.
    10. Don't stop.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    MowMow - I am slightly agoraphobic - which is why I have such a hard time going out walking - it takes me forever to leave my place, but once I get out I'm good. It has gotten worse since I bought my own place which surprises me. I'm workiing with my therapist, so I'm trying.

JT - sorry for your family problems. Prayers to all of you.

Skinny - I agree we need to focus on 2013 as the year we start dropping pounds! This year I was stagnant, or really I gained and lost the same 5 pounds over and over again. UGH.

Susan - have a good time in Atlanta and Merry Christmas to you and your son.

Kah - I feel so shameful to admit I do have a Leslie Sansone DVD and used it a year ago. I just haven't hooked up my DVD since I moved to this condo. My living room is too narrow to allow exercise so I'm setting up the spare bedroom (still a mess) as the exercise room.
    So sorry you've had bad sleep. I hope you get your exercise in today!

WalkingQueen - Its great you had some quality time with your son - and congrats on your NSV with fitting into a smaller winter jacket. WOOT!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    jtconst -
    I feel the same way about my life right now. Cousin dies, uncle back in the hospital with a heart attack, brother lost his job, mom with alzheimers and me getting migraines. It's like all I want to do is curl up in a ball and hide until "IT" is all over.

skinnyjeanbound, laurie & alison-
    my weight has been stuck at the same place for about six months now, but I have noticed that my skin is getting tighter and I am teaching my tastebuds to crave the "good things" in life, so the time is not being wasted. And if we aren't gaining it isn't being waisted either. :laugh:

kah68-
    I never used to be a breakfast person either. I frequently forgot to eat until mid-afternoon, but I make myself eat something within 30 minutes of getting up because the days I don't I seem to want to eat later and later in the day and that usually means a weight gain for me.

mnwalkingqueen-
    Congrates on you NSV, getting rid of those Xs is fun, isn't it! Glad you had a good time with your son too.:flowerforyou:

Robin-
    I have hermit tendencies, they got worse when I got married, which surprised me. I am glad you feel comfortable in your new home and hope that you soon feel as comfortable with going out. I know that I am a hermit because I am too sensitive and don't like to be subject to other peoples judgement. I am working on that.

Thursday Truth:
    I have been a mess since my mom's diagnosis of alzheimers. (She smoked for over 40 years, please don't smoke people!) It would be TMI if I went into all the details, but it has destroyed my motivation to loose weight. I am trying to look for the silver lining. I knew there would come a time when I would not be able to put all my concentration on loosing weight and worried what would happen. I have no desire to exercise and I pretty much havn't... this is not a good thing. I am fessing up all this because I suppose we all go through things and just don't want to try anymore. I force myself to do MFP the same way I make myself eat something in the morning because I know I will regret it if I don't. I am just not sure how much will power I have left.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Ok so in regards to the breakfast thing. Thank you all for your words and advice! Much appreciated.
    I usually eat breakfast. Lately it had been a bagel thing with cream cheese and an apple or some fruit. But then I started drinking coffee and it curbed my appetite. I guess I was really just trying to save my calories for my lunch mostly. I ended up eating an apple yesterday with my breakfast. Guess I need to find some kind of alternative. Even if it's just some nuts or something like that.
    Thanks again :)

Thursday Truth::: There has been times this week I just want to eat and I'm not even hungry. I just want to eat sweet things. For no reason. It's weird. I thought that frame of mind was gone. Just need to restart. I may even restart my ticker. I'm not sure.
    I need to do something to get my butt in gear.

Have a great thursday everyone.

Tina
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth:
    I have been a mess since my mom's diagnosis of alzheimers. (She smoked for over 40 years, please don't smoke people!) It would be TMI if I went into all the details, but it has destroyed my motivation to loose weight. I am trying to look for the silver lining. I knew there would come a time when I would not be able to put all my concentration on loosing weight and worried what would happen. I have no desire to exercise and I pretty much havn't... this is not a good thing. I am fessing up all this because I suppose we all go through things and just don't want to try anymore. I force myself to do MFP the same way I make myself eat something in the morning because I know I will regret it if I don't. I am just not sure how much will power I have left.

that really has to be so hard. i lose it when the normal stresses of life come along. it just seems impossible to keep thinking about so many things at once. and weight loss seems to go first.