Rude/mean people on here

Options
I think this post needs to be made. I just saw a thread where one person made fun of someone for misspelling words. I also saw one person call someone "retarded" yesterday. How is that motivating or supporting someone? It doesn't matter what message board it was on, there is no place for it here. This is a website that people join in order to get healthy, get fit, make new friends, and gain motivation for reaching their goals. There is absolutely no reason for people to be mean to others on this site (or in general).

Thanks. I hope everyone agrees.

Replies

• goCOLTS25
    Options
    AGREED!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I also agree. I hate seeing those negative/nasty/uncalled for comments. There's just no reason for it!
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    hear hear, there r some proper horrors out there who think its their way or no way!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,062 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.
  • berrythin79
    berrythin79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100% it should be about motivation....:smile:
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.
  • 19Simone67
    Options
    Agreed!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    okay, crossing this off....
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    How is that motivating or supporting someone?

Maybe it's like reverse psychology.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    SHUT UP!

(just kidding)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm hangry . . . maybe they were too . . .
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Calling people idiots? Hypocrite
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no reason for people to be mean to others on this site (or in general).

Thanks. I hope everyone agrees.

Good luck to you in your efforts to make everyone in the world a nice person by starting a thread.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Do you honestly think THIS post hasn't been made a thousand times before? Sometimes people only need to have a differing opinion to be called mean. We're all adults, this isn't a playground. There are worse things in life than having spelling corrected. Maybe a little perspective is needed?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i often refer to MFP forums as the lower realms of hell. Welcome!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The problem is that so many times people are called rude/mean/bullies simply because THEIR opinion doesn't match what the poster WANTS to hear. Granted, there are cases of people just being douchecanoes b/c they can.

But more often than not it's a case of "I'm going to ask a question and if you don't tell me what I want to hear than you're just a big meany poo poo head!"
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Calling people idiots? Hypocrite
    Hypocritically ironic OP is hypocritically ironic.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

has this been posted before?

hmm?
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    As much as I agree this is a public internet forum...so you have to take anything with a grain of salt. Lots of those kind of post have the same people as always commenting and LOTS of times its inside jokes and such. I have learned to not get upset and get over it.