Rude/mean people on here

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Another example of someone with a lot of posts making snarky comments!

Is there really any need for it?

Do you really need to ask this? Don't you already know the answer?

Maybe you could explain???

To someone who uses "snarky" as an insult, no, I do not think I could explain
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    The anonymity of hiding behind a computer has created a generation of people who misbehave and think it's funny and acceptable. If I were to go through the comments on this post, I would likely see people justifying it because it's "just the internet" and: "Deal with it", "suck it up", "stay out of the forums then", "oh, did you get your feelings hurt? ha ha", "MFP is mild compared to.....", etc. I know because there have been other threads similar to this.

All the excuses and justifications only work when we ACCEPT the behaviour, from others AND ourselves. When did disrespect, belittling, ridiculing, name calling, etc become acceptable? Why is it acceptable just because we are hiding behind a computer?

Tbh, sometimes I WANT to correct the misspellings and grammar. I don't do it, but I want to. :ohwell:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This post has proved the OP's point. I really feel sorry for the people who log on and post rude/mean things on this site so they can bring others in an attempt to make themselves feel better.

To the people here for support and motivation, keep posting and ignore the snarky comments.

This is "MyFitnessPal." It's disheartening to see a simple thread that started with good intentions be turned into a circus.

I agree with the OP that people love to tear others down on this site to make themselves feel better.... Good for them...

Good point......

Not really. I'm more interested in what your real username is that you feel so strongly about this silly topic that you created an anono profile just to come and post this. :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    There is, however, NO reason for name calling, especially the "R" word. Just throwing that out there.

:flowerforyou:

Raspberry Ketones.

Why do you feel the need to be snarky? There's no reason for it. If you don't like a post topic, don't even click on it.

There's that pot again. Relax. Snarky is fun. The trick is to use it in a way that they don't even know you're being snarky. Snark-Finesse, as it were.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There is, however, NO reason for name calling, especially the "R" word. Just throwing that out there.

Raspberry Ketones.

Why do you feel the need to be snarky? There's no reason for it. If you don't like a post topic, don't even click on it.

Actually it's a bit snarky to claim the existence of an "R" word. There is no cuss word that starts with "R." I know them all.
  • Fitnessfriend10
    Options
    I may be part of the problem, but you're not part of the solution, no?
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid the saying was ' sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me' The moral to this? Thicken up your skin and stop letting strangers on the internet and in the real world get to you. Political correctness is killing society, and it's all because a bunch of whiners want it their way or else. This is re-re-re-re-re-retarded
  • Fitnessfriend10
    Options
    it's MoreBean12
  • MattN1972
    Options
    What's weird is I get along with EVERYONE in real life and have to come to an internet forum to be hated. Wait.....what?!?!?
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    og-gocry.jpg
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    This is "MyFitnessPal." It's disheartening to see a simple thread that started with good intentions be turned into a circus.
    Good intentions? Criticizing other members of the forum?
    I agree with the OP that people love to tear others down on this site to make themselves feel better.... Good for them...
    It's important to differentiate between criticism of an idea or opinion from criticism of a person.

The first is common in the forums, and leads to robust discussion and expansion of knowledge.

The second rarely occurs, and is squashed by 99% of the forum members.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Snarky is my favorite way to be! Life would be so boring if I couldn't be snarky....:wink:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    it's MoreBean12

Bwahahhaha. Touche. Well played.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Raspberry Ketones.

It's called a joke, I thought it was really funny.

The world would sure be a dull place if you kindness Nazis were in charge all the time.

Maybe the `kindness` people are the ones that make the world a better place so `nazis` to coin the word you said don`t run the world honey!!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5n4lvCsi81r61rjho1_500.gif
  • lauries3
    lauries3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I came here because someone was so mean to me about my weight and what I was doing. Go to FATSECRET if you want to be mean.
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    When I was a kid the saying was ' sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me' The moral to this? Thicken up your skin and stop letting strangers on the internet and in the real world get to you. Political correctness is killing society, and it's all because a bunch of whiners want it their way or else. This is re-re-re-re-re-retarded

^^^^Completely agree^^^^
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'm a grammar Nazi. I also make fun of people for not being able spell.

Especially on the internet.

Every web browser has a plug-in/add-in that will tell you when you spell something wrong.

There's no excuse for being retarded by anally raping the English language.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    unusual_sarcasm_notice.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I may be part of the problem, but you're not part of the solution, no?

Double negative...

uh oh... Was I mean to point that out? Or could I just be hoping that people might learn to clearly communicate on the internet rather than allowing language to fall by the wayside because we are a generation of individuals too lazy to learn how to use it properly...

(yes, I know that was a run-on senctence, but it got my point across)