Rude/mean people on here

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    For the record, these kinds of posts would probably be really well received by your FL on your wall.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The problem is that so many times people are called rude/mean/bullies simply because THEIR opinion doesn't match what the poster WANTS to hear. Granted, there are cases of people just being douchecanoes b/c they can.

But more often than not it's a case of "I'm going to ask a question and if you don't tell me what I want to hear than you're just a big meany poo poo head!"

You got to say douchecanoe and big meany poo poo head in the same comment - I think I am in love!!!!! *swoon*
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    There are people who forget that there are actual people just past their monitors and keyboards. It's very easy to be "brave" and make fun of or intimidate someone when you don't have to see them face to face.

Sad...but true

I don't need a monitor and keyboard to be an *kitten*. Just ask the people that know me in real life.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Since when did this site become 4chan?

last night. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819104-does-your-vagina-lose-weight-lol
  • LaceyMorley
    Options
    Mean people suck.

Why you so angry?

26960953.jpg

This might be the key to it all
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    agree if people have a problem pls keep it to your self
  • I agree! There are definitely some mean things said more regularly than I would like to see.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I hate you all
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Calling people idiots? Hypocrite

<3
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

ROFLMAO!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

I DUNNO MAN I STILL SEE A LOT OF FAT VAGINAS AROUND HERE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    batmanlol.jpg
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    Wut I happen to like rude people. Very helpful!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think that the people that have got lots of posts on MFP are the ones that tend to `jump` on the new people that have added a thread, which is very sad, seeing as they were `new ` here at some point.

Threads get repeated a lot and it can get a little tiresome, but no matter how `boring` or ` repetitive` they get if you feel as a member of MFP then are we not here for similar reasons and can not a `newbie` feel that they can look for some support.

Jokes, images and sarcastic comments are par for the course but deliberately putting people down for the spelling etc. Is that really needed?

It really comes across each and everyday that it is members that spend a lot of time posting that are the ones that make remarks that are really uncalled for?
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    People are like this everywhere on the internet. You just find the ones here you like, friend them and keep conversations on your wall. I think there is a way to block people too (not sure how to). If you don't like what you are reading skip right to the next. The sweethearts and helpful people here outnumber the douches. Just ignore them and they go away.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I think this post needs to be made. I just saw a thread where one person made fun of someone for misspelling words. I also saw one person call someone "retarded" yesterday. How is that motivating or supporting someone? It doesn't matter what message board it was on, there is no place for it here. This is a website that people join in order to get healthy, get fit, make new friends, and gain motivation for reaching their goals. There is absolutely no reason for people to be mean to others on this site (or in general).

Thanks. I hope everyone agrees.

I agree, but it does no good to complain about it. Its the nature of an anonymous message board.

This site and the comment section on you-tube are notorious for people have huge internet balls and saying things that they couldn't say in real life.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Personally, I think that the people that have got lots of posts on MFP are the ones that tend to `jump` on the new people that have added a thread, which is very sad, seeing as they were `new ` here at some point.

Threads get repeated a lot and it can get a little tiresome, but no matter how `boring` or ` repetitive` they get if you feel as a member of MFP then are we not here for similar reasons and can not a `newbie` feel that they can look for some support.

Jokes, images and sarcastic comments are par for the course but deliberately putting people down for the spelling etc. Is that really needed?

It really comes across each and everyday that it is members that spend a lot of time posting that are the ones that make remarks that are really uncalled for?

If someone calls someone a name or makes fun of their spelling, etc - there is the report button.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Where are all of these instances of people being called idiots or stupid in the forums? Where, I pray?

Just look around stupid, what are you an idiot? :drinker: :bigsmile:

found them
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Mean people suck.

Why you so angry?

26960953.jpg

This might be the key to it all

EPIC..LMAO!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see "The Hobbit" tonight. Neener, neener, neener.