Why you souldent eat back your calories

Options

Replies

• kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Agree. BUT this does not apply towards those who do insane workouts with heavy lifting and running a marathon. I think it's directed to us regular fatties trying to lose weight and who are walkin' to Leslie Sansone or something.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well your lack of correct spelling makes me not believe you.

I didn't notice any spelling mistakes...grammar maybe, but not spelling.

Oops, didn't see the title! Who cares though, this is supposed to be a weight loss site where people motivate each other, not tear them apart.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them back because I eat about 1400 every day and only work out 4 times a week where I only burn about 300 cals each time, that's not a lot and my body isn't starving or dying and I don't feel terrible. I feel good and it's making my weight loss more consistent. Everyone is different. I bet I'd maintain my weight if I ate them back.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    eat when you're hungry, eat slowly, drink water, stop when you're not hungry anymore. balance each meal/snack between lean protein, good fats, and complex carbs. avoid added sugar and processed foods. move whenever you can. be honest with yourself. have a treat once in a while. don't worry about argumentative strangers :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Ignorant posts make me :cry: .
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I sort of skipped around to the end.. because most of the posts are the same blah blah blah story about starvation mode..

hold on.. starvation mode.. LOL.

I'll pause a moment if someone needs to grab a bite to eat so their lean muscle is not harvested as fuel...

Amazing how so many people drink the kool-aid.. But whatever, do you. and do what works for you..
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Isn't everyone here for one reason? Why bother with checking spelling.............. when correcting, make sure you have all your words spelled correctly before you "spell check" another person..........I'm just saying. With that said, I hope everyone continues to enjoy their holidays, eat healthy and continue to lose weight. :flowerforyou:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Oops, didn't see the title! Who cares though, this is supposed to be a weight loss site where people motivate each other, not tear them apart.

Yup, definitely the ONLY reason folks are on MFP, weight loss and the motivation of others...
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    I dident write this I( Copied and pasted it) just saw it on a web site based on advice by 17 Dietitians and thought it was somthing worth sharing.
    Ah, ok. So this has nothing to do with MFP? Then it makes since. The whole rule of thumb is to burn 500cal a day more than you consume. So, if your MBR is 2,000. You eat those 2,000, then you burn 500 on a treadmill or whatever, then you're right, you wouldn't eat those back. But since your comment has nothing to do with MFP, ;then there was no point in even posting it.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Ah, ok. So this has nothing to do with MFP? Then it makes since. The whole rule of thumb is to burn 500cal a day more than you consume. So, if your MBR is 2,000. You eat those 2,000, then you burn 500 on a treadmill or whatever, then you're right, you wouldn't eat those back. But since your comment has nothing to do with MFP, ;then there was no point in even posting it.

Lol, wrong again. Yes, I'm in college phys ed. It is actually a chemical reaction because it relies on the chemical properties of exercise and of the substances in the food you eat. These substances-tannins, caffeine, and many others-dissolve when you exercise. The heat accelerates the reaction, but it is not a physical change. (Try exercising with cold food-eventually you will get fit, although it will taste a bit different, probably because heat affects the dissolution of the various substances at different rates.) It's a chemical reaction therefore it does change the molecular properties of the exercise. Don't you just love how people try to sound smart, when they have no clue what they are talking about?
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I agree that you don't want to eat back ALL of your calories, that would be pointless. But if you burn 1300 calories (I have and do) and I eat 900-1000 I need to add back a couple hundred or I will injure someone because I will be hungry and mean.

I think it has more to do with what works for the individual.

If you are participating in the way MFP is set up and it doesn't work for you then geezz...you'll need to tweak your calorie/carb/whatnot intake to help you lose/get healthy.

Blanket comments like this cause people who are new to this type of thing, MFP, to think they are doing it wrong vs doing what is best for them.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I dident write this I( Copied and pasted it) just saw it on a web site based on advice by 17 Dietitians and thought it was somthing worth sharing.

Not true, that rule of thumb is set for 1lb loss a week. I'm on 2lbs a week and thats 1000lb deficit.

I find the OP definitely made some mistakes in their post. I just think it's a real shame that the very first thing to be picked on was the spelling. Yes it's an English board, but not everyone has perfect English, especially since when as someone else pointed out, her first language is French.

OP Please correctly site sources when you dish out 'facts', eating back exercise calories works for a lot of people. Including myself, I burn up to 2500 cals a day from exercise alone.
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Cut her some slack dewd. Her main language is French.

Nope, sorry. If I was on a mainly french speaking form and my first language was english I would still make sure my french spelling was correct.

I have no mercy for people that don't take the time to spell check things. Also... its DUDETTE... I am female..

Sorry dudette - I should have read your profile. Of course, then I wouldn't have said anything as you were being consistent with what's stated there. :flowerforyou:
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The Best Piece of Weight Loss Advice Ever Exercise is not a license to eat. “All too often clients believe that any exercise gives them permission to eat more,” says Moore, “The truth is, it rarely balances out calories consumed.”

I saw this on a web site. Copied and pasted as writen. It is advice from 17 Dietitians.
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good one!!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    The Best Piece of Weight Loss Advice Ever Exercise is not a license to eat. “All too often clients believe that any exercise gives them permission to eat more,” says Moore, “The truth is, it rarely balances out calories consumed.”
    I saw this on a web site. Copied and pasted as writen. It is advice from 17 Dietitians.
    Not everything that you read on the internet is true. Check your sources before believing what you read.

Pas tout ce que vous lisez sur internet est vrai. Vérifiez vos sources avant de croire ce que vous lisez.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

haha YES!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Lol, wrong again. Yes, I'm in college phys ed. It is actually a chemical reaction because it relies on the chemical properties of exercise and of the substances in the food you eat. These substances-tannins, caffeine, and many others-dissolve when you exercise. The heat accelerates the reaction, but it is not a physical change. (Try exercising with cold food-eventually you will get fit, although it will taste a bit different, probably because heat affects the dissolution of the various substances at different rates.) It's a chemical reaction therefore it does change the molecular properties of the exercise. Don't you just love how people try to sound smart, when they have no clue what they are talking about?

I stopped at "the chemical properties of exercise" ... Omg.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Extreme deficits can deter weight loss and stun metabolism. There is a balance, and while exercise doesn't justify gorging oneself, it does justify eating back calories burned if daily deficit has been already established.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thank you, agree.
  • AnnaJo62
    AnnaJo62 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    tracey-morgan-nope.gif

O m g....This Crack me Up !! :laugh: