Options

Replies

• closet_fatty
    Options
    because they feel guilty and shamed of what they actually eat. LOL
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I see no reason to keep mine open for people who would rather profile creep than be friends.

I'm pretty sure mine is set for "friends" only.

I don't see a need to have it public. Nothing I eat is that entertaining. Nothing I do in my workouts is that entertaining either.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I don't want everyone knowing which boys I think are cute
  • emarty29
    emarty29 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Besides the diary's I'd like to see their start, current and goal weight so I can see who has similar goals to me.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Mine is viewable by friends. But, I don't let the general populous of MFP see it because I eat a shocking amount of cheese and donuts. :laugh:

Also... I'm not seeking advice or input. I know what works for me. I'm at my goal weight and have been for a while now.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I spent hundreds of pounds on advice from a qualified nutritionist after suffering health issues as a result of my dieting over the years. I do not need any other advice on my food intake. I can also be totally honest with myself about much I eat and may not be so honest if my diary is open for inspection.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only not public.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Mine is open for my friend's only. Here's why:

I don't need some stranger coming in and giving me unsolicited advice. I don't eat great all the time. But I also *know* that frozen dinners are not good for me, thanks for telling me again. It's not like I sit here whining about not losing weight....If I get to a point where I stall I'm going to make a bigger effort on my food. In the meantime, I have the right to keep it closed to strangers who just want to preach at me.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I don't want people seeing my plans for world domination. wait.gif
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I just don't see any real negative consequences for making them public versus showing them so that others can compare and learn from them based on individual goals.

That's because you are fairly new. Some people like to jump all over the diaries of others, telling they are eating too little, too much sugar, not enough protein, not clean enough, etc. And some people are sensitive about that kind of stuff so they keep it private.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    because they feel guilty and shamed of what they actually eat. LOL

THIS is prime example of attitude that keeps my stuff to MYSELF~
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I see no reason to keep mine open for people who would rather profile creep than be friends.

Ditto
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed, even to friends, because I don't see any benefit in having my eating habits scrutinized. I'm losing weight comfortably, so I don't particularly need advice from others, and If someone needs food advice or a meal suggestion, I am happy to offer it, but I get uncomfortable with the thought of ppl rummaging through my diary. I feel like I have to eat perfectly and log impeccably or else ppl will judge me. (Silly, I know, but I can't change how I feel about it overnight).

I also don't like being physically stared at ("stare" as in ALL of someone's attention on me) while I eat, it irritates me. Maybe that has something to with it? Like if my diary is open I feel everyone is watching me eat, lol. Maybe later I'll feel differently about it, but it's closed for now.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Why are other people so concerned about what someone's eating? Does not seeing what they're eating make you gain weight?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Stop caring what other people think! :)

Has anyone honestly had an unsolicited PM criticising their food choices? (By unsolicited, I mean you haven't posted up asking why you're not losing weight or similar.) Because nobody in the 8 months I've been here has contacted me about my food diary. :) *ExpectsAFlurryOfInsultingPMsNow*
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Because I know it bothers people like you.

4uVA7.gif
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open to my friends, because their input is the only input I care about.

That being said, my friends are the kind of people that know I don't need them to tell me when I went over, or that I'm gonna have a better day tomorrow, or "Gee, your sodium is a tad high. DRINK MOAR WATER."

I keep it open to them because my friends are awesome. A lot of the people on this site are not.

Also, check my ticker. Methinks I know how to eat well, without needing advice from strangers.
  • Simona40
    Simona40 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine is open for my friend's only. Here's why:

I don't need some stranger coming in and giving me unsolicited advice.... In the meantime, I have the right to keep it closed to strangers who just want to preach at me.

This exactly! Plus the fact that I've had gastric bypass and there are some days when my food intake does not reach 1000 calories and I'm okay with it. Plus I log all my vitamins and people tell me that I'm taking too many without knowing why.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Because they don't want to hear our feedback.

I agree.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    I like when people have theirs open because sometimes I just want meal ideas or when I see someone who has done really well I am curious to see how they have been eating so that maybe I can learn something.