Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth:: I went over my calories yesterday at a church dinner and the food wasn't even that good! There is a woman in our church that fancies herself to be a great cook. She even has an in-home catering business. She always is in charge of the food for the church dinners. She overcooks everything! The turkey was so bad that I didn't even eat it. I thought the lettuce salad looked interesting because it had apples in it, but the apples were mushy. The mashed potatoes were instant and gravy was very runny. The stuffing and the dessert were the best parts of the meal and of course, the dessert was what pushed me over the top. In fairness, I guess I wouldn't have gone over if I hadn't indulged in a little of peanut brittle earlier in the day. :blushing: I've gotten rid of the that. I put the peanut brittle and fudge in covered containers yesterday morning. I won't eat it now that I have to take the lid off of it. The lid makes me think of what I'm doing.
    I finally have the tree decorated. I'll finish putting the Christmas things out this morning. I finished my new blouse, too. I'm starting to feel less pressure about being ready for Christmas.
    My heart goes out to those of you that are struggling with losses, personal, and family issues. It is so hard at this time of year. I really understand the devastation of the Alzheimer's diagnosis. DH went to the dentist. They had to extract the tooth, but he couldn't tell me what was wrong with it. :frown: We just have to hang in there. I think that makes it even more important to take care of ourselves so we can help them.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: Like some, I've been tracking and staying under calories (for the most part), but the food choices are not great. I can really feel it in my body and overall attitude. While the next 4 days will be crazy going back to Atlanta, meals out, late nights, etc. . . I'm still going to track the best I can. I'm just holding on and trying not to gain from now until after the holidays. I'm still in a good place. If I maintain, I'll have lost a total of 50 lbs this year. I was hoping for double, but major life change (move from Atlanta to Las Vegas) caused quite a few months of not trying. Very happy with the weight loss. Walking 3 1/2-4 miles easily on a daily basis. Moved down a size from 26/28 to 22/24, which I haven't been in that size in a LONG time. Never thought I would be cheering, but I am. I have no complaints whatsoever. I have an amazing son, good church, good job, home, car, great circle of friends, parents coming for Christmas . . . Life is good!!!!!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I just wnated to thank you all for your kind words. The week has been a little overwhelming but I will make it through. I have the love and support of a great family and an awesome husband. My Thursday truth is I usually internalize everyhting to much because I dont want to worry the people I love. Having all of you here and being able to talk on this thread has been a godsend during this time.

1. Take action.
    2. Show up.
    3. Lean into it.
    4. Start anywhere.
    5. Keep busy.
    6. Get out more.
    7. Ask for help.
    8. Shake more hands.
    9. Give more hugs.
    10. Don't stop
    I had to repost this and tell Robin that I absolutley love these. These are words to live by every day.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Hello---it's afternoon here and I stopped my errands to come home to eat a super healthy lunch. The wonderful auto dealership took care of a couple of things for me AT NO CHARGE. How great is that.

And I stopped at "Burlington Coat Factory" and got a tremendous deal on some black socks (my old ones are developing holes at the heel). I was looking at coats and I could not believe it---there were THREE ladies in the department and we were all TALL and at least middle aged!! That's so unusual.

The common theme was---wow, it's difficult to find a coat with sleeves that are long enough. We compared notes, chatted quit a bit, and one of the ladies wanted my opinion on her selection. It turns out she was very unsure of her choice since SHE JUST LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT and was super nervous out picking something out. I swear, the universe brought us together. I feel so much better at this moment about being tall, about wearing a size L, and about finding something that's reasonable, practical and not something that better suits an 18-year old.

Yes indeed, it was a very good morning.

Back out to finish some more errands......still drinking your water? :drinker: :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    And I stopped at "Burlington Coat Factory" and got a tremendous deal on some black socks (my old ones are developing holes at the heel). I was looking at coats and I could not believe it---there were THREE ladies in the department and we were all TALL and at least middle aged!! That's so unusual.

The common theme was---wow, it's difficult to find a coat with sleeves that are long enough. We compared notes, chatted quit a bit, and one of the ladies wanted my opinion on her selection. It turns out she was very unsure of her choice since SHE JUST LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT and was super nervous out picking something out. I swear, the universe brought us together. I feel so much better at this moment about being tall, about wearing a size L, and about finding something that's reasonable, practical and not something that better suits an 18-year old.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

Awesome, Lin! :flowerforyou:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @ Robin- I wish we lived closer together I would come walk with you. I know what you feel like though because at the gym amongst the land of the skinny I feel the same way. Don't let that stinkn thinkn stop you glad to see you got another walk in. Well once you get it working I am sure you will like the dance game.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Thursday Truth:
    I have been a mess since my mom's diagnosis of alzheimers. (She smoked for over 40 years, please don't smoke people!) It would be TMI if I went into all the details, but it has destroyed my motivation to loose weight. I am trying to look for the silver lining. I knew there would come a time when I would not be able to put all my concentration on loosing weight and worried what would happen. I have no desire to exercise and I pretty much havn't... this is not a good thing. I am fessing up all this because I suppose we all go through things and just don't want to try anymore. I force myself to do MFP the same way I make myself eat something in the morning because I know I will regret it if I don't. I am just not sure how much will power I have left.

that really has to be so hard. i lose it when the normal stresses of life come along. it just seems impossible to keep thinking about so many things at once. and weight loss seems to go first.

I know it sounds cliche but keep your head up. Keep your mind on what will make you happy for just that moment in time. I think a lot of us when under stress let the food and exercise go first but try to find some motivation to at least take a short walk to not only clear your head but energize you. I hope you find a positive way to deal with your stress in life. The silver lining is you can learn from the mistakes your mom made and take care of you. Hugs ((( )))
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Here is page 2
    dia2.jpg
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Here is page 3
    dia33a.jpg

dia333a.jpg
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @robin thanks for the motivation quotes
    @susan have a safe and happy trip, hope all goes smoothly with the ex-family in laws

Thursday Truth~ I'm still struggling, but I'm still here.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Helen recently? I have noticed that she has been MIA for a while and I hope everything is okay with her.

Robin- You wrote something a few months ago now about how we view exercise and how it did wonders for you and other. Remember that exercise should be seen as something fun that you get to do for yourself. View exercise as something fun and enjoyable.

Tom- the articles on diabetes are very interesting, thanks for posting them.

Susan- safe travels and have a great trip.

Linder- Congrats on the NSV.
    Angelika- It is amazing how quickly we put others ahead of ourselves when things start to go wrong in life. Just remember that in order to help others we need to be healthy. You are doing and have done an amazing job with losing weight. Try to stay positive and remember the fun that you have exercising or use it as a way to reduce the amount of stress in your life. Sending hugs your way.

I agree that 2013 should be the year that we lose weight and get into the healthy BMI range.

Truth- Getting over the flu and then ending up with TOM a day later is not a good combination. I must have looked really bad at work today since the school secretary basically told me to take tomorrow off to finish recovering from the flu. I must admit I was very tired at work today and not feeling great, so it sounded good to me. I am off tomorrow but I am feeling better tonight, still tired. Not sure if I will take the whole day yet but the sub plans are done and my intern will in tomorrow so why not. Might get some stuff done for Christmas. I just hope I feel like working out with my trainer tomorrow night since I have not worked out all week. I did well with eating today except for tonight. I ate the last piece of apple cinnamon coffee cake. The good news it is now gone and I will not buy anymore for a few weeks. I am regretting eating the cake at this moment so lesson learned.

Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Time for a holiday sing a long Let's start with something easy

Jingle Bell, Jingle Bells, jingle all the way......
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh - hay hay- hay - hay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie - I sent Helen a P.M. quite some time back and didn't get a response. I really miss her! :sad:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@laurie--enjoy your day off--even if you're feeling better it will probably do you good to take the whole day. If your sub plans are done, why not? Oh and Helen is one of my friends on here and she's still been on MFP daily, just not posting in the thread.

@garetie--that's what matters :wink:

@lin--awesome that the dealership took such good care of you!

@tammy--I can be the same way with internalizing certain issues, and it's really great to be able to share here in the thread.

@susan--thanks for reminding us all of how important it is to look at the big picture and focus on the progress rather than the struggles.

@kaye--I admire that a lid can have such a great affect on you--if I had fudge in the house, the lid would need a very strong padlock to keep me in check. :laugh:

@angelika--I'm sorry you are dealing with so much right now and wish you the strength to get through it all. :flowerforyou: Also, I agree that it's not wasted time--I have continued to go down in sizes which makes me think my muscles are getting more toned (though my measurements haven't really changed--weird huh?). And even if that weren't the case, I figure it's good practice for maintaining once I reach my goal weight.

@robin--We will make 2013 awesome!! Get those walks in!! :tongue:

@holly--congrats on the smaller size! :drinker:

@kelley--glad you also made it to the gym--and you're right; even a "light" workout is better than none. I was actually losing more weight when I was using the machines' or MFP's numbers, but once I switched to my HRM last christmas, the weight loss slowed. Now that I have a new HRM, the numbers are much lower so I'm thinking that the old HRM wasn't accurate. Hope to see some changes with the new one.

@raven--nice to see you back again. I know what you mean about money getting tight around the holidays. I used to think that eating healthier would cost more, but I've found that b/c I eat so much less food overall, it's about the same cost. That being said, I do have a few staples, like almonds, that I wish weren't so costly. :ohwell:

Thursday Truth:
    As much as I want to get through a bunch of my grading before winter break, I have ZERO motivation to grade. It seems like whenever I know a break is coming, I procrastinate even more. For example, tomorrow I'll probably do very little throughout the day b/c I know I have the weekend. But then I'll be mad that I have so much grading on Saturday and Sunday.

Also, I was hoping to fit into a pair of cute, tan leather pants for our holiday faculty party. I bought them years ago one summer when I was thin for a moment in time (they were on clearance), but by the time that Fall rolled around, they no longer fit. I just tried them on, and they fit okay, but they don't look as spectacular as I'd hoped. It's hard to tell when pairing them with my pajama top, but I really wish I had someone other than DH to give me a Yea or Nay. :grumble:

Exercise goals:
    Mon--core work DONE
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + run outside NOT DONE--TOO TIRED
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Sun--walk gunner + gym or run outside

Grading goals:
    1. Re-read 1984 STARTED
    2. x/22 Failure essays
    3. 22/22 exit slips DONE
    4. x/48 AP essays
    5. 20/20 "Lottery" analysis activities DONE
    6. x/30 Scarlet Letter Papers
    7. x/48 AP test corrections
  • ohpampered1
    ohpampered1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I have not been around for sometime now, I have been using MFP on my cell phone and can't read the message boards. Between work and being a mom taxi, I don't get much time to get on the computer. I have been doing good with weight loss. Something that really helped me out was having a protein drink every day. I'm allergic to eggs and I really don't eat a lot of meat. (no red meat ever) The protein drinks are really helping me to stay full. I hope you are all doing well and know that I have been thinking about you all.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @Skinny- Oh lord I know. Almonds are my blessing and my curse! lol. I absolutely love them, but for a bag that'll last here they're like 10-12$.... but they're sooooo freaking good! (They're my all time favorite snack food along with pistachios xD). I think I finally got through to my dad though. I've been trying to get through to him that he doesn't take in enough calories and he took it to mean he has to eat more, which he says he can't force himself to do... however I went online last night and found some high cal, healthy recipes. The one I made tonight (substituted chicken and chicken stock for round steak and beef stock) was delicious. It's Mediterranean Beef and Orzo. On top of that- made it all for under 20$! and it was all fresh! (In your face dad! rofl -kidding-)

Friday fitness- lots of cleaning to do today! Plan on getting out with the dogs though.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!

Weekend fitness plan.....I plan to get a walk in everyday and get enough water. The water one I am struggling with again because of all the holiday parties soda is just available more.
    I enjoyed my time so much with my kiddo the other night that we are going to hang out tomorrow while my bf and his kids are gone to a bday party. Think we will go see Lincoln or The Hobbit. My son got his first job at McDonalds lastnight...good thing he doesn't like their food.
    I will also be studying for my final that is on Sunday night.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    And happy Friday to all from here as well.

And I too will be getting in a walk everyday this weekend. :happy:

I joined a Christmas weight loss challenge here on MFP and it appears as if I've met the goal and the final report isn't due until 12/24. So I'm posting something sparkling and beautiful just because.

1857251i85s0v8c8i.gif

Be safe, be mindful, drink your water.......:drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!

Weekend fitness plan.....I plan to get a walk in everyday and get enough water. The water one I am struggling with again because of all the holiday parties soda is just available more.
    I enjoyed my time so much with my kiddo the other night that we are going to hang out tomorrow while my bf and his kids are gone to a bday party. Think we will go see Lincoln or The Hobbit. My son got his first job at McDonalds lastnight...good thing he doesn't like their food.
    I will also be studying for my final that is on Sunday night.

WOOT on your son getting his first job! I saw LINCOLN the other nite and found it to be pretty dry - like a history lesson - not as entertaining as I would have liked, but very well acted. Good luck on your choice of movie now that I've put my 2 cents in!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell when pairing them with my pajama top, but I really wish I had someone other than DH to give me a Yea or Nay. :grumble:

haha i hate this too. my husband is so useless when it comes to evaluating clothing.
    Hi everyone, sorry I have not been around for sometime now, I have been using MFP on my cell phone and can't read the message boards. Between work and being a mom taxi, I don't get much time to get on the computer. I have been doing good with weight loss. Something that really helped me out was having a protein drink every day. I'm allergic to eggs and I really don't eat a lot of meat. (no red meat ever) The protein drinks are really helping me to stay full. I hope you are all doing well and know that I have been thinking about you all.

hello! good to see you again. that must be hard being allergic to eggs when you don't eat meat. seems like the protein drink is a good call.