What's wrong with her husband?

Options
Ok, I met this girl online around June of this year. She was looking for friends because she was tired of being home alone while her hubby went to work and school (she's 24, he's 40 been together since she was 18). I was living with my ex at the time, and figured I could always use a women perspective on things. Well, when we finally agreed to meet, it was at a movie she wanted to see and he didn't. After the movie, she wanted to go to dinner. Well, we hung out for a while, mostly in public and found a nice cozy spot at the local lake. This whole time, he knew we were hanging out and even encouraged it by telling her, that if he was going to be home late, that she could stay with me until he was on his way. Eventually, she ended up kissing me, and things just progressed from there. The whole time, until this point, i was a gentleman, I didn't even so much as hug her good bye. Back to the subject at hand. She spoils me, takes me out to eat, to the movies, and actually asks me if I need or want anything when we're in the store, and again her husband encourages this by asking her to make sure I have stuff like my meds, vitamins, mins on my phone, etc...just the usual necessities. Even on thanksgiving, they both came over, and brought me some food, and hung out. WHile here, he asked two VERY interesting questions. 1. Does she call me her boyfriend? After answering no, he said that her and I had a very weird relationship then. 2. Has she told me she took a pregnancy test yet, even though he didn't know why. Again, I answered no, and he said, "Oh, I thought you were the reason she took it."
Yes, they are married, and even went to Rome on their honeymoon and are planning a trip to Dublin for their spring break. IDK, if it's just a cover for him being gay or not. Not saying he is, but he has piks of him on FB cuddling up with life size carebears. NTM, I have a pitbull and when he came over he said, he prefers little fluffy dogs that you can stick in purses. She says he's not, and even if he was his parents would understand, since they accept his lesbian sister. On the other hand, his dad is a rich and famous author and editor, and has been on CNN, and MSNBC numerous times, but yet they live in a small po-dunk town and drive 20yo cars, and live in a crummy apartment complex. She teaches special needs students, went to a university and graduated with a masters in special ed. He's 40, just started a community college to be a mechanic. IDK, something just doesn't seem right between them, and I hope somone can help figure this out. Might I add, she treats me better than any girl I ever dated, and I just don't want to see her get hurt by staying in this marriage.

ETA:Forgot to mention one thing, he's always putting her last. When he goes to school, he stays several hours after to hang with friends. He goes out, most of the time with school or work friends, unless they actually have to go somewhere, they never go out together, he's actually stood her up on date nights that he planned to hang out with his friends. He puts everything before her, including damn tv shows. Hell, they don't even sleep in bed together, ones on the couch, the other is in the bed.

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with him is he trusts her.....She obviously doesn't deserve it and you don't sound a whole lot better.
  • farfoorah
    Options
    Man, I so thought this was gonna be like a lesbian story, but you ended out being a man...I hate you.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    *edited because... so not worth a 3rd strike
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with him is he trusts her.....She obviously doesn't deserve it and you don't sound a whole lot better.

Nailed it. (pun totally intended)
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    Yes, the fact that he thought I was the reason she was taking a pregnancy test, show's he trusts her? And the fact that he thought it was strange that she does not call me her boyfriend, apparently shows he knows somethings going on. I honestly think he doesn't care, or he's cheating on her, or just gay. What guy calls up his wifes b/f to tell them she was in an accident. The fact I answered the phone, thinking it was her, and said, "hey beautiful," only to have him tell me she was in the ER....well, yeah.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Sure you just don't want to see her get hurt.. such a gentleman you are. Way to protect her from a relationship with her husband! You shining knight you!
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    Man, I so thought this was gonna be like a lesbian story, but you ended out being a man...I hate you.
    THat would truly have been soooo much hotter.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yes, the fact that he thought I was the reason she was taking a pregnancy test, show's he trusts her? And the fact that he thought it was strange that she does not call me her boyfriend, apparently shows he knows somethings going on. I honestly think he doesn't care, or he's cheating on her, or just gay. What guy calls up his wifes b/f to tell them she was in an accident. The fact I answered the phone, thinking it was her, and said, "hey beautiful," only to have him tell me she was in the ER....well, yeah.

Well, that makes you just as weird as the situation you allowed yourself to be put in, bub.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Sure you just don't want to see her get hurt.. such a gentleman you are. Way to protect her from a relationship with her husband! You shining knight you!

haha!
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options

End Thread.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Damn, that sounds a lot like my marriage. Except you would be the band *kitten* and she would be my husband. I agree with Jac. Sounds like she doesn't deserve his trust. Lifesize Care Bears, huh?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I'm still stuck on the whole "I met this girl online...we went out..more happened...oh she's married.. I knew that".

But you are concerned with what's up with her husband?

Should prolly just be concerned with yourself and stop hooking up with a married woman....or find out wtf is her deal and not ask random people online.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Sounds like they are in an open marriage. Why don't you just ask her? Communication is important and you need to know where you stand/what the rules are with this relationship. I dont think you shouid assume he is gay, there are a lot of different types of marriage/relationships out there---no big deal. If it is indeed open and you are okay with being the 3rd and everyone else is okay with it then what is the problem? You said she treats you well-so just enjoy.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    So you're banging a married chick and you wonder what's wrong with HER HUSBAND?

Ok, he might be gay or its an open marriage, but seriously...if she's cheating with you...she'll cheat on you if you ever 'end up together' one day.

It sounds like a super weird situation and my gut instinct is to tell you to put some major distance between yourself and the situation.
    Bad_Karma_logo_0.2.jpg
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

Ok, he might be gay or its an open marriage, but seriously...if she's cheating with you...she'll cheat on you if you ever 'end up together' one day.

Seems to be the one thing people never understand.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Have you considered that they might be polyamorous?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    No. Just no.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

There's another option you aren't considering. He's biding his time, waiting until he knows for sure what you're up to, and then he's going to put a gun to your head and make you beg for your life.

You don't know the guy, you have no idea what he might be capable of.
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    Swingers..gotta love em'.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    TL;DR