• SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Putting salt on fruit.

And I do this with watermelon...I must be weird
  • SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's Cincinnati Chilli... Chilli over pasta.

Heck yes! 3-ways are the best!!! (For the record, I prefer Gold Star. Skyline makes me puke)
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Chili Mac (macaroni) we call it, and it's common here in Chicago. Sharp cheddar on top. Holy cow is it good.

I do NOT like anything fruity in my chocolate. Whoever invented chocolate covered cherries, orange slices etc is the anti Christ.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Options
    Adding ketchup to everything....yeah I like it with fries, burgers, etc but not in mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese or eggs! Ewwww...

AH-MEN!!!!!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I put pepper on my cantaloupe which drives everyone nuts for some reason. :ohwell:
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Putting salt on fruit.

I put a bit of salt on watermelon - try it, it's delicious :-)
  • Jymm
    Jymm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Agree Ketchup and eggs. Ewww!! But My mother did put plain macaroni in chili. It was to make it go farther. She had a family to feed. i think I was about 12 before I learned that macaroni didn't belong in chili and that was only because I ordered it in a restaurant and was surprised when there was no macaroni.
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.

I grew up eating that for breakfast :noway:

I like watermelon with cracked pepper and feta cheese, yum!

Edited: I quoted the wrong post, lol, it was meant for the one with watermelon/salt. ~:-\
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm honing in on a childhood memory...my mom...she's on here and probably will get on me for posting this but...SHE MESSED up a damn good Cornbread adding cream of corn to it...I think it was called Corny Cornbread...FOH:mad: :explode:
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    when is was a kid, my family did it this way....but I prefer just salt and butter
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    There is a dish called Cincinnati Chili, which is amazing. Pasta, chili, sour cream, cheese, and onions. Leave it to the North the make chili even more amazing! YUM! :drinker:
  • barbaramitchell101
    Options
    grits with sugar and milk. they are not oatmeal or cream of wheat. they are grits and they are not meant to be sweet like that. save your sugar for your oatmeal people!

I like my grits with a little butter and sugar...no milk
  • barbaramitchell101
    Options
    Making chocolate white?
    Putting pineapple or apple on a pizza?

my favorite pizza is pineapple and ham ...what's wrong with it?

when I was a kid, a local pizzeria had a banana pizza...I couldn't even imagine that one....
  • barbaramitchell101
    Options
    Pizza that has to be eaten with a knife and fork. That is just wrong.

actually I saw a travel show where they were in Italy and that's how they eat it

a couple years ago I went to a pizzaria and I had to eat the pizza this way because the toppings were falling all over the place....LOL
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options

oh wow. my bf would probably eat a whole one! care to share the recipe?

I am going to post it Saturday! :D
  • barbaramitchell101
    Options
    Ugh yuck reminds me when my mother would tear up white bread slices put it in a bowl add milk n spoon full of sugar... disgusting mush! However I remember as a kid loving to dunk my peanut butter n jelly sandwich in milk. Now I would cringe at the thought. :sick:

my mother did that too, but it was when we were out of other breakfast foods..
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    My stepfather eats peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches. :sick:
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I don't understand those super sugary cereals, or the chocolate ones that 'turn your milk into chocolate milk' or whatever. Euhg, it sounds disgusting. Why not do honey nut cheerios if you need it to be sweet? At least that's semi-healthier, as far as refined/processed carbs go.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My stepfather eats peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches. :sick:

My hubby did the same thing. He stops when he decides to lose weight. =P
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    OMG I AM FROM CINCINNATI OHIO, HOME TO SKYLINE CHILI........... YOU NEED TO TRY A 3 WAY BECAUSE PASTA+CHILI IS AMAZING AND NOT WRONG AT ALL. SKYLINE IS THE FOOD OF THE GODS!